Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135106 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett: p48 riot control baton trooper
« Reply #720 on: April 28, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »
Tap. Tap...  Is this thing on?

Whoooooweee.  It's been a while since I popped in here.  Looks like my last post here was sometime in 2015?  and it looks like nearly all my image links are dead.  That's a shame. 

So, I'm still alive.  I've been busy with other hobbies.  Started building cigar box guitars last year... This pandemic has me with more free time than normal... I'm getting lesson planning and stuff done during the day while I work from home instead of having to stay late every night at the school to get it done!  So, after finishing up some other projects and having found some black series figures for fodder recently I decided to pull all the old customizing stuff out and do a few figures.  I've done a few others since posting here, and if you're on facebook and want to see my (sporadic) work, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/spudafettcustoms/

I've almost exclusively switched to collecting and customizing the 6inch figures.  I just can't do the fine details like I used to... and (if you're familiar with my old work) I can't stand the 5 POA crap being put out in the 4inch lines nowadays.

So, here's a couple customs I finished up today.

20-T Railcrawler Conveyex Transport Engineer (driver)

And one that I've been mulling on for over a year now.

What if Star Lord, but in Star Wars?

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: spudafett: What year is it...? New customs!
« Reply #721 on: April 28, 2020, 09:34:08 PM »
It is soooooooo nice to see you back! Glad to know you are doing well. Cigar box guitars sounds really interesting. Good to see you haven't given up on customizing altogether.

I really like the Engineer! What a great concept, and he looks outstanding. As for Star Wars Star Lord - genius! Particularly because I told my kids and Star Wars movie friends that I thought the perfect end to the Skywalker saga would have been for the Guardians of the Galaxy to show up and defeat the First Order (they are both Disney properties now). I could quite watching movies if I got to see a Groot/Chewie team up against the Knights of Ren, alas it was not to be. I heartily applaud your Star Lord crossover!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:06:53 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #722 on: April 28, 2020, 10:07:24 PM »
Oh...and if you added Rocket and Groot it would totally make COVID-19 worthwhile  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »
First off welcome back! So daggone nice to see you back. I have been seeing some of your projects off and on on FB and nice stuff!

Now, how about that Driver! So awesome! That soft goods work is fantastic. I take it you took the soft goods from the Range Trooper and then kind of added the stormy belt to give it a more kama type look. I really like it. Conisder this idea stolen!

And Starlord as a Fett Stormy Hybrid. Nice. I like him too. Of course you know that Driver has me excited. Off to the front pages with this.

So nice to have you back!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #724 on: April 29, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
Hey spud, they said you had joined the priesthood.
Like the driver dude, he looks really cool.
  How was your paint collection doing after years of not using it?
Probably a bit dry or separated.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2020, 07:12:47 PM »
Clonehead:  I've actually been keeping most my paint in stock as I've still built the spare model kit here and there.  It's sporadic at best though and I do have several dry bottles. :(

Without any open hobby stores it'll be difficult to replace what I'm out of.

I have a Mandalorian in the works that I'm having trouble deciding on the color scheme for...
but I have an idea that I think will pull that together.

Side note, are all the images working? I'm having internet issues and idk if it's just my internet not loading them or the links are dead.  I tried to just pull the image location off of facebook so idk if that's working long term.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2020, 08:21:04 AM »
I can see your images.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »
Must have been this over-burdened corona laden internet.

Have a couple mandos I'm working on.  I'll give a sneak peek teaser... but I'd love input on color schemes for these two.

I was originally wanting to create a Disney sequel era mando using the rise of skywalker jet trooper jetpack... but I'm now leaning toward something different.  But what do you guys think?

These are the colors I have available if anyone want's to do a quick photoshop of this sketch and offer up some color suggestions!

and this little guy is going to be going with the above Mandalorian...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #728 on: May 01, 2020, 06:49:32 AM »
Nice, very nice.

Really liking his sidekick too. Off to the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #729 on: May 01, 2020, 06:51:23 AM »
Dude! We're obviously going to need more pics of the little guy!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #730 on: May 01, 2020, 02:13:39 PM »
Five up from the bottom, that tan and the grey above it together or the two above those together.
Paint by numbers mandos, i love it!
I missed you buddy.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #731 on: May 02, 2020, 10:46:53 PM »
Great job on these. I like the mini-Mando! I think Clonehead has suggested good color options, but I also think the red-brown (3rd from the top) and the gray would be an interesting combination (especially if you threw some yellow in there).

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2020, 03:14:30 AM »
Hey, good to have you back aboard! That Conveyex Transport Engineer looks superb!I don't know Starlord, but your custom cross-over looks pretty cool!
Just took the temperature and I measured the Mando Fever here! Such cool concepts here! Who else thinks that The Child will be a findling and join the Mandalorians?

Honestly, taking that Yoda figure and make it a Mando is something I would've never come up with! So brilliant!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #733 on: May 03, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »
Great suggestions guys.  Clonehead, I actually picked that light tan (sand) and the grey above it (dark grey) as the base colors for the suit under the armor.  I used the sand color on the "vest" that holds the chest and back armor, and the dark grey for the undersuit everywhere else. 

Now I just need to do the armor itself. 

Here's what I've gotten done on "the foundling" (seems a better name than "the child all grown up").

I'm planning on adding some color splashes into the armor scheme, but that will come after I decide on the color scheme for the accompanying mandalorian figure. 

I'm also frustrated by the articulation in Yoda's arm.  It really needs a swivel joint in the bicep to allow the arm to twist.  I'll probably add that point of articulation in as well.

It's amazing how well this guy came together.  I'm glad I kept all my 3.75" fodder.  I've almost entirely switched to collecting and customizing the 6 inch scale and have considered getting rid of, selling or gifting it away...  If I had I wouldn't have had the necessary parts to build this guy. 

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
Re: spudafett: p49- The Foundling
« Reply #734 on: May 03, 2020, 11:08:07 AM »
lol awesome custom!