Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 134968 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (At-rt driver, contest entry, pg 44)
« Reply #660 on: February 01, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »
Mal Reynolds.  Firefly.

Used a 6inch Han Solo as the base. 

Shiny? 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:31:04 PM by spudafett »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spuda's customs (Mal Reynolds, pg 45)
« Reply #661 on: February 01, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »
spud, you are a machine.
What a perfect use for a 6 inch Han.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #662 on: February 02, 2015, 03:06:03 AM »
Wow, looks spot on to me. I miss that show. Off to share your update.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #663 on: February 02, 2015, 03:54:50 AM »
Reynolds looks awesome.

Ron

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #664 on: February 02, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »
Those suspenders look great. Paint job is excellent too.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #665 on: February 03, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »
The fact its mostly all a repaint and I don't think anyone else would of seen Reynolds in a Solo figure shows how much you are on a different level of customizing then most.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #666 on: February 03, 2015, 08:52:53 AM »
Oh sweet! 
He's magnificent.

I've seen those  5 POA carded Firefly characters and thought, "What junk", and for $10 a pop.  Fah'gedda'bowdit!
Even though I missed the original airing, I became a Brown Coat, soon after the cancellation.
Are you considering any other characters?  Jayne?  Reavers would be fun.
The females will be tough, unless you have some female Marvel Legends fodder.  You can only use 6" Slave Leia so many times.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #667 on: February 04, 2015, 08:38:07 PM »
The fact its mostly all a repaint and I don't think anyone else would of seen Reynolds in a Solo figure shows how much you are on a different level of customizing then most.

Thanks.  I did add some sculpting to the head of course.  I trimmed down the hair and tried to re-sculpt it as well as squared up the jaw line a little...  in an attempt to make it look less like harisson ford. 

Oh sweet! 
He's magnificent.

I've seen those  5 POA carded Firefly characters and thought, "What junk", and for $10 a pop.  Fah'gedda'bowdit!
Even though I missed the original airing, I became a Brown Coat, soon after the cancellation.
Are you considering any other characters?  Jayne?  Reavers would be fun.
The females will be tough, unless you have some female Marvel Legends fodder.  You can only use 6" Slave Leia so many times.

5poa figures are crap...   I honestly had this idea while wearing a shirt I bought a while back with this image on it:

and I thought... Han and Mal have a very similar build.  I bet I could make Mal out of a han solo figure....  then I'd have two of the best sci-fi captains in my collection (of course, I actually didn't buy a second Han yet...)

I wasn't planning on doing any of the other characters as I just don't think I could find suitable head sculpts to pull them off. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #668 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:18 PM »
So I got snowed in all week... got a whole week off due to snow here in Kentucky...  which meant I had plenty of time for projects.

Instead of working on action figures though, I learned an all new art form (well, new to me).  I posted about it in the miscelaneous section:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9610.0
go check it out.  It's pretty cool and it uses a resource that many of us here are very familiar working with but in a whole new way!

for those of you expecting action figures.  here is a photo of boba fett with his personal techdeck skateboard:

(found that at TRU this week)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #669 on: June 13, 2015, 09:59:03 PM »
Wow.... It's been a long while since I had action figures on my table... 4 months...

That hiatus is broken.

I'm working on something cool for the contest, and I'm taking a concept that was begun by user Krztfr...  using 6" figure parts to re-create a modernized version of the Shadows of the Empire swoop bike rider... then once I have the figure completed I plan on scratch building a 6" scale swoop bike!

So here's what I've been up to.

Taken apart here is a stormtrooper (luke disguise), Tie pilot, and scout trooper.   I used a mug of water and the microwave to boil-n-pop all the parts I could.... but the dang hips, torsos and the chest on the stormtrooper are all hard plastic clamshells.... 

I wanted to use the scout trooper's legs from the hips down... easiest way to do this without breaking the ball joints was to pop open the waists of each figure and pull out the hips with ball joints attached.  Luckilly these were transferable between all the figures.

To get the chest from the stormtrooper I had to pop off the waist in a similar fashion to splice in the lower torso from the tie pilot.

I originally also wanted to use the majority of the stormtrooper's arms, but swap the bicep with that of the scout trooper...  I got it all together, but unfortunately the pegs just weren't compatible and it had floppy arm syndrome.  I might have been able to fix this with some hot glue, but after looking at it these biceps wound up making the arms a little lanky... so I just went back ot the original storm trooper arms.

That's what I've gotten so far.  Of course I'll probably use a halo helmet like Krztfr has done on his, and I'll be creating a brand new belt and harness system from scratch to match the original toy. 

This has been my first big forray into swapping parts in the Black series 6" line... so far I've been super impressed with the construction of these figures.  They are definitely not easy to un-assemble. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (end of hiatus, pg 45)
« Reply #670 on: June 13, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
Using parts left over from this project I put together something else too....

Which of these looks best to yall?

I am leaning towards the last one, as I looked at it it reminded me of another customizer's special ops trooper: http://son-of-italy.deviantart.com/art/SpecOps-Stormtrooper-160494981

Should I just dirty him up with some good weathering or should I do some kind of camo paint scheme or environment specific paint scheme for this guy?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2015, 04:37:27 AM »
Great to see you back on the wagon! Off to share. Great to see some of those images about how you tear stuff apart!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2015, 12:24:03 PM »
Special operations trooper.  Highly trained and specialized.  Sent into the field with more gear than the standard storm trooper...

Black series 6 inch scale.  Mashup of parts from scout trooper, storm trooper, and the boots of a tie pilot.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »
Got some work done on the swoop rider... I trashed the idea of using a halo helmet cuz I couldn't find the right sized figures.  I finally just said screw it and started chopping up the scout trooper helmet and then sculpted over it to come up with this.

I know it's rough, I'm goin to smooth things out when it dries and then paint over it of course.  I also need to add the 3 mouth pieces.  What do you guys think?

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »
"The circle is now complete..." It's funny you inspired me into this hobby with your vids and now I inspired you! The truth about the Halo head is it belongs to a four or five inch figure so its smaller than I wanted but yours will look more like how it should. I didn't have those figures you were using when I made mine but I might use your recipe if I redo this character. Just make resin casts of the helmet when done please. 

Also for the swoop I showed Hemble about the Swoop I made from a goowill find it a TMNTmotorcycle from a few years back the one I have is Raphs but the other 3 turtles have their own if you look on ebay might find some but not the current line oftrtles due to the vehicles too small.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:07:51 AM by krztfr »