Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 133049 times)

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
Re: Spuda's customs (p38, 6in black widow, MOVING/Career change)
« Reply #570 on: July 27, 2014, 09:40:22 PM »
Pretty cool name plaque.  Do you live in Wyoming?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »
Pretty cool name plaque.  Do you live in Wyoming?

Thanks, no I'm actually from Kentucky. But I did spend two summers working in Wyoming for Fossil Butte National Monument.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #572 on: August 01, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »
Congratulations on the career change; I'm a teacher myself and it is definitely the most challenging but rewarding occupation out there.  Enjoy it!

Great idea to use the fossil as your nameplate...awesome little piece of work here!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #573 on: August 22, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
As soon as I had opened up the 6 inch scout trooper with speeder bike I knew I had to get a second one to customize... and I knew that it was going to be a kashyyyk trooper.  I did some digging and I haven't seen ANYONE customize the 6in biker scout yet, but I'm sure someone was going to do this eventually. 
So, after some minor alterations to the helmet and the pouches, a full figure re-paint was in order....

Here ya go:

Well,  What do you guys think?  Was it worth spending the money on the extra biker scout pack to do this custom?

BTW: another reason I bought the other pack was that the first scout trooper I got had really warped legs and knee joints... the second one I bought however had a warped visor!  So I took the good head from the first one and put it on the second figure... then used the bow-legged bent knees version to customize into this figure.  Before I did anything thought I did dissassemble the legs and straiten the knee joints out slightly and it seems to have helped.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Spuda's customs (p39. 6in kashyyyk trooper)
« Reply #574 on: August 23, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »
Really? I've seen dozens 6 inch Kashyyyk Troopers already. Psshhh....

Just kidding, buddy!  ::) ;D

Looking sharp, I really like the fact (and expected nothing less from you) that you paid close attention to the differences between the Kashyyyk Trooper and the Scout Trooper. The mouth piece on the helmet, the pouches on the hips and the paint apps on the inner thighs. Well done! And is that a sniper rifle behind him in that last pic?

Now that I took a better look at the 6 inch Scout..... I need his feet for my ARC Trooper! Great.....  ::)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #575 on: August 23, 2014, 06:22:23 AM »
Wow Devin. That is one fantastic transformation. I would definitely say you did a great thing by buy two. Crazy to hear about the figure issues, but you sure made lemonade out of lemons. This is going to the top of the front page today!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #576 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
Looking sharp, I really like the fact (and expected nothing less from you) that you paid close attention to the differences between the Kashyyyk Trooper and the Scout Trooper. The mouth piece on the helmet, the pouches on the hips and the paint apps on the inner thighs. Well done! And is that a sniper rifle behind him in that last pic?

the sniper rifle is one from a halo figure I got a while back:

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #577 on: August 23, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »

Oh, that's right! Recognize it now. Got a set of 8 Halo weapons in my watched items on eBay. There's this Asian seller selling these :D

But it looks great man, fits right in with the GFFA! If you're up for it, you should definitely bore out the muzzle a bit, modify the scope and creat a real rifle sling :D Oh, and (this is my shiny visors fetish kicking in) add a nifty glossy finish to his visor ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #578 on: August 23, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »

Oh, that's right! Recognize it now. Got a set of 8 Halo weapons in my watched items on eBay. There's this Asian seller selling these :D

But it looks great man, fits right in with the GFFA! If you're up for it, you should definitely bore out the muzzle a bit, modify the scope and creat a real rifle sling :D Oh, and (this is my shiny visors fetish kicking in) add a nifty glossy finish to his visor ;)

You can't tell from the pictures very well, but the paint I used for the visor was clear gloss green with silver mixed in... so it is semi-glossy. 

As for the rifle, I have been meaning to re-do the sling.  I am even thinking about re-painting it to match the camo pattern.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #579 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
Oh yeah, that gun suits him. Fantastic rendition, devin!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #580 on: August 24, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone.  I worked a little more on him this afternoon.  I thought a guile suit would be a fun addition...
First I fixed up the gun with a fitting paint app and new sling:

Then I went to work on the guile suit... this took a few hours to put together.  I used a net like halloween decoration and cut it to size, then used hot glue to affix brown, tan, and green strips of cut fabric.  Finally I went outside and took some clippings from the hedges to hot glue on as well...

here's the result:

the guile suit can be removed from the figure and draped over the speeder bike for added camouflage of it as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #581 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:21 AM »
Nice, dual purpose. You are really doing a nice job on this six inch stuff. Back to the front page.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
So... I'm no Ron Hemble... but after seeing his amazing little diorama using the new 2.5" command series sandtroopers I have been itching to get a set.  When I found it at walmart for 5 bucks I couldn't say no.  For the last few hours I've been painting up three of them...

but you know me... I'm not happy if I haven't gotten out the exacto knife.  I love these sculpts, for the size they are great.  But I wanted to make at least one of the figures different than the other poses.  I very gently cut the head off one of the gun toting sandies and turned his head facing the other direction.  This gives him a slightly different pose...

Here are my results:

Just adding the black detailing helps SOOOO much....

but the rest of the detailing really makes it pop I think.

and here are all three together.  Notice that I modified the binoculars into the correct monocular device seen on screen.... 
I like this shot because it really gives you a perspective for their size... notice the testors paint bottle.

sorry for the grainy phone photo....

I also am sorry for the off-white light source in these photos which causes the paint effects to be washed out and yellow tinted so badly.  I haven't gotten a good photo area set up in my new apartment yet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spuda's customs (p39. 6in kashyyyk trooper, 2.5" sandies)
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:38 AM »
Looks good on the front page.

I am liking this Command Series better for any of their small stuff since Action Fleet I think.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Spuda's customs (p39. 6in kashyyyk trooper, 2.5" sandies)
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
Your Kashyyyk trooper is masterful. The work to the Command Series sandtroopers is just plain fun - nice job with the "head move"   :)