Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135046 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, royal guard interceptor pilot)
« Reply #555 on: May 19, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
OMG, I just saw an image of the comic book ERG Interceptor last night!
Very, very cool.

I'm disappointed in the paint on the arms, the new elbows rub really badly and the green of the original figure shows through very badly... 
I'm sure ISY has a good tutorial on this too, but I just saw this on a rival site, a couple of days ago.
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=77
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=54

Nice, those tutorials are really good.  I've done the dremeling technique before, but i find it very time consuming and I'm always afraid of ruining a figure.

using super glue to make a protective shell over the paint is an interesting idea but I'd be furious if I glued the joints shut...! 

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #556 on: May 20, 2014, 12:03:47 PM »
Love to see you tackle 6" Jango and 6" Obi in Mando armor

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #557 on: May 20, 2014, 08:57:20 PM »
Love to see you tackle 6" Jango and 6" Obi in Mando armor

Send me the parts :)  lol

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #558 on: May 23, 2014, 01:48:39 AM »
Execellent work mate especially on the armoured Hulk.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, blacklight fun!)
« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
blacklights or UV lamps are fun to add interesting effects to some of your figures...

Oh... and if you haven't seen the iron man diorama yet, go over to the Diorama section and check out the regular no blacklight photos:

and this is my favorite.  Apparently that neon hot glue I found and used on my ghost rider custom a while back is UV reactive!

I already knew the whiplash whips were reactive...  here they are with my custom end battle armored whiplash:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p38, fun with blacklight)
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »
Space cowboy, bounty hunter, Spike Spiegel;

The body for this figure is that of the Doctor rex from the GI-JOE ROC line.  He was spindly enough that I thought it'd make a good base.  I dremeled all the sculpted on webbing from the torso and legs, the used sculpy to sculpt spike's suit and strait pant legs.
The head is one of the several ROC duke's I have...  Not my first choice to use but I made it work I think.  The hair is sculpted.
The collar of his shirt is two pieces of cardstock glued together and cut to the right shape, then glued into place.  Using super glue on the cardstock made it just as tough as plastic, and once glued into place and painted it should hold up nicely. 

here is a WIP:

I'm not too happy with the eyes... of course I did them about 15 times so I think this is as good as its going to get!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spuda's customs (p38, spike spiegel, bounty hunter)
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
It looks good on the front page Devin.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2014, 04:28:06 PM »
Gosh, thanks for immortalizing one of my favorite animes.  Sorry you're not happy with the face paint, but the sculpt work is great.  Faye Valentine wouldn't be in the planning would she   :P

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #563 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
Gosh, thanks for immortalizing one of my favorite animes.  Sorry you're not happy with the face paint, but the sculpt work is great.  Faye Valentine wouldn't be in the planning would she   :P

I was considering doing both Fae and Jet...  especially Jet, always loved his character.  Fae would be more difficult, although I think all I would have to sculpt would be her hair and her top onto a marvel universe female body.

If anyone happened to have the 4" "character scene" statues of these characters I would be interested in getting them for the head sculpts.... 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p38, 6inch black widow)
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
happy birthday to me... and celebratory gift upon my newest career move! 

If you haven't heard from my facebook page, I have accepted a position to start teaching high school science!  HOORAY I get to quit being a janitor!  I also will begin doing something that I WANT to do.... I just hope the kids don't make it something I dread! lol

Anyway, I am currently in the process of packing all of my stuff up for the move which will be happening in 2 weeks! 

Today I found a 6" marvel black widow at walmart... go figure, the one time I don't need to be spending money on toys they finally stock these and have one available!  I couldn't pass it up!  It held up to all of the reviews I've read about the figure, great sculpt and very good likeness.  I have some issues with one of the head sculpts having some cracks in the paint application but I don't like the long strait hair sculpt anyway!  My main issue with this figure is that at 20 bucks a pop we aught to be getting removable guns!  Not solid pieces of crap.

So, I tore off the sculpted on guns and found two oversized 1:18th scale pistols, which worked well although they are a little small, and created some pleather holsters with some stretch cord accents.  No paint, just glue! 

Here is a before photo comparing her height to the 6inch black series figures:

the only good photo I got of the guns before I took them off...

and after:

I also fixed up that halo sniper rifle and gave to her...

sorry for the crappy phone pictures... I didn't realize how dark they were until I got them up on the computer.  I've already packed this figure away with the others so I won't be getting any more pictures any time soon...

Also... since I am in the process of moving, my customizing will be taking a hiatus.  I won't be doing anything hobby wise for at least a month during the transition.   I am also going to be cutting it close money wise, so I will be considering selling some of my figures.  If I post anything it will be links to e-bay auctions...  as I pack things up I may pick out items that I am willing to part with.

That being said, if there are any items (seriously, anything... the only thing off limits are any of my Fetts) in my collection which you may have an interest in, Please make me an offer... I might just accept it (if it is reasonable).

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: Spuda's customs (p38, 6in black widow, MOVING/Career change)
« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2014, 08:44:09 PM »
Nice fix. The guns look to be the right size.

Oh and a very happy Birthday and congrats on your teaching career!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #566 on: June 27, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »
happy bday!  and welcome to the profession.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »
Ah what fun you are getting ready to have. Exciting times. Great looking addition to BW too by the way. I will get this posted before too long.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #568 on: July 26, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »
soooo busy...

I just now got internet access at the new apartment...not that i'd have had time to use it this week.  I've been busy with professional days, new teacher orientation, and curriculum training all week!

School starts august 6th... so I've got to be ready.

I haven't had much time to customize, and I've just now started unpacking all my supplies.  But I did find time to do this little project:

I also collect fossils, and the fish fossils from the Green River Formation in Wyoming are some of my favorite.  There, you can pay to dig these fossils out of private quarries.  This is a fossil Knightia eoceana  that I dug up and prepared myself. 

typically I would have trimmed off all that excess rock and had just a little around the fish.... but I'm glad I didn't because it was perfect for making a name plaque for my desk!

I trimmed off a little rock at the top, and made it more rectangular in shape.  I like the natural breaks of the rock edges though, and I didn't want it to be perfectly square.

I then painted on my name...

and then created a wooden backer and stand for it.  I glued everything together with 5 minute epoxy resin and voila:

Now I just hope that the wooden back is enough to protect the fossil from being broken... and that no one steals it!

As far as action figures go, I'm spending the rest of today and all day tomorrow setting up the rest of my apartment so I'll put some pics up of my new arrangement sometime. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #569 on: July 26, 2014, 10:36:53 AM »
I saw this update on Facebook and really liked it. You could sell those! I would buy one. Glad to hear things are progressing and you are getting the customizing supplies out.

Ah, I remember those days of just getting started. Wow, your school starts early. That means you ought to get out early too.