Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135173 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p36, Alejandra Blaze)
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words.  Glad you like the Ghost rider customs!

Staying on the marvel kick... mainly because I couldn't find any 6" boba fetts at TRU today (was really hopeful too with their 30% off sale!) but I did find several marvel figures on clearance and went ahead and payed full price for a grey hulk for a project I've been wanting to do for a while...

I watched a movie on netflix a while back where Hulk and Iron man teamed up to fight some electrical entity... I don't remember the name of it, not important... but remember that mandroid custom I made?  It was the same movie that featured the mandroids!

anyway, in the movie they make some off-hand comment that the INDESTRUCTIBLE hulk didn't have enough power so Tony stark has Hulk don some of the parts to the Hulk Buster armor....  

thus the concept of Hulk wearing Iron man armor got into my brain:

so I have several spare hulk buster armors... and I had one Avengers line hulk but he was a little big for the hulk buster arms....  so when I saw the grey hulk I figured I'd pick him up and see what I could do (and yes I will repaint him green!).

here are some WIP shots:

My delima here is weather or not to do what I've done in the above pictures and simply switch the upper torso out from hulk with that of the IM hulk buster... or hollow out the hulk buster chest and back and try to make it fit over hulk's torso...   what I've done is simpler, and what I'll probably stick with....

What I was planning on doing also was making the chest/torso be able to be taken apart and the other torso placed back on the figure.

The iron man hands were hollowed out around the fore-arm and slid over top the hulk forearms.  You can slide them off and place hulks fists back into their sockets.   In theory, I will be able to take the iron man armor off hulk and have a normal green hulk after the repaint!  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:24:47 PM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, WIP Iron HULK)
« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2014, 02:42:58 PM »
I watched the same movie and really enjoyed seeing this custom come to light. Back on the front page.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #542 on: April 28, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
Cool Hulk in armor! Can't wait to see him finished.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2014, 05:32:01 AM »
I say removable.  Looks cool whichever way you go, though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #544 on: April 30, 2014, 02:35:08 AM »
Yeah, probably removable, but I wonder how hard it would be to get that to work?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #545 on: April 30, 2014, 02:58:11 AM »
Yeah, probably removable, but I wonder how hard it would be to get that to work?

I've decided to make it interchangeable...  so the torsos can be swapped back and forth.  I think that will be easiest. And result in the best look.

I am afraid that dremeling out the hulk buster to try and fit it over hulks large torso wont work.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, Iron HULK)
« Reply #546 on: May 01, 2014, 08:16:17 PM »
finished armored hulk:

I don't particularly care for the way the green turned out...  I may have to go buy some green paint and re-do this one.  But for now he's done.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, finished hulk and Coulson)
« Reply #547 on: May 01, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
Coulson Lives:

I used the head from a dollar general duke, which was the same head used for the POC Dusty figure... repainted and trimmed the hairline slightly to try and give it a more aged look.   What do you guys think?  Close aproximation?  Or should I just buy the shrunken coulson cast that's floating around? 

Anyways, until I revisit him here's the avengers I have so far:

also I finally decided to open my amazon exclusive iron man hall of armor pack and pop the custom cast resin RDJ head onto the mark 42... damn doesn't that look good!?

well... questions and comments?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #548 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
Devin, are you thinking its too glossy? Not sure, I think it rocks. Off to share.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Devin, are you thinking its too glossy? Not sure, I think it rocks. Off to share.

IDK what I think.  lol.  It's a combination of being too glossy and being too dark.  I want to lighten it up a bit and bring down the gloss.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, Royal guard pilot)
« Reply #550 on: May 18, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »
I did a custom royal guard tie interceptor a while back, with a custom pilot based off of a joe figure's body style.  I've never been happy with that figure and when I came across a loose royal guard figure with a removable robe at the local peddler's mall I took it as an opportunity to revisit the concept.

This is the stock figure I found (curtesy of rebel scum):

There were a few things I knew I had to fix immediately.  The lack of a removable helmet, and the lack of articulation in the elbows and ankles....  I didn't feel it necessary to put in ball jointed hips in this custom since he will be sitting in a tie fighter most of the time anyway... 

so here's what I came up with:

I replaced the arms with those from a rebel a-wing pilot, and replaced the neck with the neck and ball from a clone trooper, the head is from a snowtrooper I think... and the new ankles/feet came from a rebel x-wing pilot.  The purple accents of the figures' armor were repainted red and the helmets are cast resin copies of removable helmets...  the tie fighter helmet is actually a cast of the at-at driver helmet.  The re-breather/control pannel is actually from a clone wars figure repurposed and repainted.

hope yall like it.  I'm disappointed in the paint on the arms, the new elbows rub really badly and the green of the original figure shows through very badly... 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spuda's customs (p37, royal guard interceptor pilot)
« Reply #551 on: May 18, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »
Good looking figure there.
I liked the concept the first time around and now you have even improved it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #552 on: May 18, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
Good looking figure there.
I liked the concept the first time around and now you have even improved it.

Thanks clint.  I think he looks great by himself, or next to other tie pilots... but stand him next to the POTF guard or a joe figure and he just looks so short! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #553 on: May 19, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
I like the look of him too. I don't think the height is a big issue really. Off to the front page.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2014, 07:53:35 AM »
OMG, I just saw an image of the comic book ERG Interceptor last night!
Very, very cool.
Now I'm sad I didn't buy two of them last X-mas.

I'm disappointed in the paint on the arms, the new elbows rub really badly and the green of the original figure shows through very badly...  
Joint rub has been one of my weaknesses too.  Now, I'm sure ISY has a good tutorial on this too, but I just saw this on a rival site, a couple of days ago.
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=77
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=54
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:23:26 AM by Sjefke »