Author Topic: spudafett: p56: Three new Boba Fetts!! comic versions  (Read 135234 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Spuda's customs (p33, mythos obi-wan)
« Reply #495 on: March 22, 2014, 03:10:15 AM »
Your realistic Pre Vizsla is awesome.
Helmet, Darksaber, pistols and chest symbol - everthing looks great.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #496 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
By the maker, wooow amanzing great work

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #497 on: March 22, 2014, 07:26:54 AM »
Devin, that rocks on so many levels. I have gotta go share this. I knew the six inch line would be fun for folks to customize as soon as they made a few Stormtroopers, Clones, and Mandalorians and you are showing us why with your work the past few months.

and see others that I won't be posting here

I sure didn't like to read that, but I do understand about time limitations though.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #498 on: March 22, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »
Devin, that rocks on so many levels. I have gotta go share this. I knew the six inch line would be fun for folks to customize as soon as they made a few Stormtroopers, Clones, and Mandalorians and you are showing us why with your work the past few months.

and see others that I won't be posting here

I sure didn't like to read that, but I do understand about time limitations though.

Hey, it's not really about limitations.  It's just that I take WAY too many photos, and I figure I'll post the best out of the sets on ISY and for those who are interested in the other photos, or more detailed WIP photos they can head over to the gallery on FB.  I'll keep posting the best of the good stuff here!

I'm not really anywhere close to being finished with Viszla, but thanks everyone for your kind words.  I'll be posting more WIP shots to FB as I work on him but I'll post a full spread of high res photos both here and there when I get him finished! 

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #499 on: March 22, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
Nice job Spuda !! i like it

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #500 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
WOW! A-Maze-ing!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #501 on: March 22, 2014, 09:41:07 PM »
why'd they have to go and give vizsla such a weird jetpack?

Since I don't want to completely demolish the backpack that came with this 6" boba fett I am going to try and construct Vizsla's jetpack from scratch... finding just the right sized materials though is confusing.  I find myself looking at parts going "that'll work" only to realize that my brain is looking at the part and imagining it going on a 1:18th scale figure!! Meaning that it'd be too small for this project!

I'll figure it out though.  Just thought I'd share these musings as I was working on things.  I did finally decide on using a combo of a mechanical pencil tube and gi-joe rockets (from the BFG pack ins) for the fuel tanks.... 

thanks again everyone for the kind words so far on this project.  I can't wait to get it 100% finished.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #502 on: March 23, 2014, 04:38:01 AM »
You got the scene right before his head rolls. I wasn't aware of how different that pack was till now. Looks like you have a good handle on it though.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #503 on: March 25, 2014, 08:10:03 PM »
well, I started laying the basic framework for the jetpack.  Once I get the rest of the pipes and thrusters built I'll smooth over the edges of the pack with sculpy to make it uniform.

I know it's not exact... I gave up trying to find parts to make it fit perfectly with the on screen pack...  but it will have the same basic shape.  I like the looks of this backpack.  It reminds me of the old fuel packs used in the WW2 flamethrowers.  I also think it looks more primitive than boba or jango's jet packs.

anyways, here's what I've gotten done so far:

never underestimate the usefullness of cheap ball point pens....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2014, 02:34:06 AM »
Looks like you are getting there on it. Back on the front page.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #505 on: March 28, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
a little more work...   again, I know it doesn't look exactly like the pack in the show, but it's close enough for my tastes.

just have to wait for the sculpy to harden and then paint it. 

Also... looks like I may be having some involuntary downtime from work the next week or so...  A few weeks ago I slipped and fell on a patch of ice at work.  Due to that fall I have been having some back issues, went to the doctor on a workmans comp claim and it is possible I may have a ruptured disk (again) that is pressing up against the sciatic nerve, causing pain in my left leg...   I've been put on medical leave by my job even though I could potentially still work (just not doing as strenuous a job as I was).   So, I'm off for an unknown amount of time while I wait for Workmans comp and the doctors to figure out what treatments get approved... 
anyway, looks like I'll be at the workbench a little more this week...  trying not to go stir crazy.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #506 on: March 28, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
Great work! Loving this Pre Vizsla.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2014, 03:17:53 AM »
I think you are doing great work on the rocket pack with the various parts you are using. I am looking forward to seeing this painted up.

Bummer of a story about your work. You would think they would want you there to do light work. I would assume if its workmans comp they would have to pay you anyhow right?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2014, 08:32:46 AM »
I think you are doing great work on the rocket pack with the various parts you are using. I am looking forward to seeing this painted up.

Bummer of a story about your work. You would think they would want you there to do light work. I would assume if its workmans comp they would have to pay you anyhow right?

Tamer,  they won't let me work because of liability reasons apparently "they can't guarantee to fulfill the restrictions" the doctor placed so they don't allow anyone to work with restrictions.  Unfortunately, as the company policy goes, I won't be able to draw any benefits from disability/workmans comp until after the first week I am out.  For that first week I have to use my sick time...  once disability starts it only pays 66% of my weeks wage so I HAVE to use my sick time to make up the rest of the week to keep a full time paycheck as long as possilbe... once my sick time runs out then I have to use my VACATION time...   then once all thats gone I only get the 66%... 
I'm hoping I'm not out that long...  but Idk what the doctors will want as far as physical therapy goes and any other issues that might come up.   It's a freaking mess though.   They punish you for doing the right thing, turning in incident reports and trying to take care of yourself for something that happened on the job.  Makes me feel like a criminal for getting hurt!   Anyway, i don't want to rant much about it on here. lol.  Off to the worktable!.... might as well do something fun while I'm not working!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Spuda's customs (p34, pre vizsla)
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
and now I present for your viewing pleasure, 6 inch black series Pre Vizsla:

Features:  
custom scratch built jetpack with removable rocket and adjustable nozzles,
custom scratch built blasters,
custom sculpted foot, shin, and thigh armor with twin hip holsters, and custom belt (from fodder)
Removable laser, fire, and rocket effects (same as I used on the 6" rotj boba),
resculpted helmet with rotating "helmet blasters",
custom scratch built dark saber with opaque blade...

Well.  What do you guys think?  Worth destroying a boba fett....?  I hope so.  

interested in more photos?  More Wip photos?  Better explanations on how I made certain parts?  Check out the gallery on my FB page here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.674734592565553.1073741855.275038512535165&type=1&l=f12ddffb20
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:10:29 PM by spudafett »