Author Topic: Parts Swaping "3 3/4 figures  (Read 1606 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Parts Swaping "3 3/4 figures
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
what's another set of "3 3/4 figures line to mix and match parts with besides G.I. joes?any suggestions.cheaper figures for heads,hands,accesories and the like.I know there's the prince of persia line,maybe the indiana jones figures.anything else would help.make a list here of other figures and parts you have used to make your customs that work well with star wars figures.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Parts Swaping "3 3/4 figures
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Marvel Universe, Star Trek, PotC.....  :)

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:42:29 AM »
Terminator Salvation and Golden Compass figures

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:51:51 AM »
I look through everything in the 3 4/4 inch scale.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
There's the sci-fi Avatar movie line, too.  Cap'n America, Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman... they all generate usable parts on a frequent basis.  You just have to wait and watch - and then POUNCE when you find something!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:07:25 AM »
pretty much any 1:18th scale line of toys is interchangable in some way with star wars figures.

I basically stick to joes because of the superior construction and of course the articulation... but I've been known to use marvel figures and other lines too.  Pretty much all of hasbro's 3.75" figs are interchangable if you know the right techniques to make them so.

However, there are other toy brands that make 1:18th figures, and there are some really detailed military figures out there that are great matches to the scale.

even some of the other 4" lines work well.  I believe there is a 4" line of halo figures, they are slightly over-sized, but when you use the non-humanoid figs the size isn't an issue.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
Some of U have already seen some of the parts that I have employed using UNIMAX toylines (RedFaction, Crysis2, Assassin'sCreed & BravoTeam) & I also have a 1/2 cocked tutorial on how to utilize WorldPeacekeeper (PTE - PowerTeamElite) leg assemblies... which I have modded to accept virtually any lower leg assembly - giving them greater articulation :) - But any & all 1:18th scale figs are fair game for parts/fodder in my book... here is the link to my "not a tutorial" --- http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?board=35.0 ---  ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:50:39 AM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...