Author Topic: 2011 G.I. Joe Figures  (Read 7618 times)

Offline beast from the east

• Lieutenant
  • I am Merman
    • My websites
Re: 2011 G.I. Joe Figures
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »
ebay had lots of pegs to choose from. lol  My Zellers and Walmart rarely get new waves in for GI JOE and when they do its only 1 box of them so if I don't get there fiest I miss out but I normally get everything that comes in.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »
i'll be getting the fourth pictured figure the 8th and the 15th
all for a real life dio ... clues are the weapons of 8th and 15th and the head of the fourth

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
err is just me or is the main weapon of the guy in picture #9   an exact copy of the heavy machine gun in the film ALIENS  ,remove the ammo box and it is an EXACT copy  and i mean exact copy !  (the ones Drake and Vasquez carry)

Jay: This GIJoe line is heavily influenced in design by 80's action/scifi movies and video games.  the Quick Kick TRU exclusive is Bruce Lee from Enter the Dragon.  If you take off his gi he even has the scars on his Torso!!!  The Spirit is Billy from Predator and I think the Recondo is loosely based on Blane from the same movie. The 1st POC Duke is Solid Snake from the original Metal Gear NES game. The newest Stormshadow is based on Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden!! The list goes on and on.  I really think it is cool how they are making these figures to look like these characters. It is more proof that this liken is aimed at collectors like me who saw all those movies and played those games as a kid.  It makes me want to get them even more!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:09:22 PM by lucasclones »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »
err is just me or is the main weapon of the guy in picture #9   an exact copy of the heavy machine gun in the film ALIENS  ,remove the ammo box and it is an EXACT copy  and i mean exact copy !  (the ones Drake and Vasquez carry)

Jay: This GIJoe line is heavily influenced in design by 80's action/scifi movies and video games.  the Quick Kick TRU exclusive is Bruce Lee from Enter the Dragon.  If you take off his gi he even has the scars on his Torso!!!  The Spirit is Billy from Predator and I think the Recondo is loosely based on Blane from the same movie. The 1st POC Duke is Solid Snake from the original Metal Gear NES game. The newest Stormshadow is based on Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden!! The list goes on and on.  I really think it is cool how they are making these figures to look like these characters. It is more proof that this liken is aimed at collectors like me who saw all those movies and played those games as a kid.  It makes me want to get them even more!
YEAH! I can actually say I am happy with what Hasbro is doing here. I got a Bruce Lee head coming to me from SlayerDesignStudios.net and I'm gonna use that Quick Kick to make a custom Bruce.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
Thats cool and I have seen reports that these next waves are hitting. I believe it Wave 5 with the Viper, Cobra Trooper , Iron Grenadier and Snake Eyes!!!Be on the look out!

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 06:40:20 AM »
Found wave five G I Joe at walmart. Got crazy legs, snake eyes, and iron grenadier

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »
Found wave five G I Joe at walmart. Got crazy legs, snake eyes, and iron grenadier

IG is the only one I haven't got yet!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »
The IG figure rocks!

My walmart havent been stocking any new joe figs.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
The IG figure rocks!

My walmart havent been stocking any new joe figs.
none at Walmart here either, only TRU and Target but target has been lame.

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
My Walmart has 8 empty pegs for G I Joe figures. i hoping their waiting for a shipment to come in soon. Been wanting to get some jungle bats and cobra troopers

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 02:33:34 AM »
I thought Hasbro was doing a poor job with SW distribution, but I think the Joes are worse!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »
I thought Hasbro was doing a poor job with SW distribution, but I think the Joes are worse!
You ain't kidding. I am hoping next year will get better seeing how it the 30th anniversary and all!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
Hisstank.com has some pics of new Joes that are coming out later this year.