Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48448 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
Holy Mother! 

I pity the victims of this beast!

0/

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
awesome!!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
1:18 Invader class; Main Anti-Grav Assault Tank M-2, (MAGAT M-2), "Hammerhead".

It has been long time since I've posted any updates on customs and scratchbuilds.  Life events, work, and time have squeezed My hobby time.  Making some changes to free up my schedule so can work more on finishing up projects.
Over past 8 months I have initiated design and WIP's for several projects working concurrently.

The MAGAT M2 is upgraded variant of the MAGAT V1.  This model is 90% complete. Need to touch up weathering and details.  Also, making the driver/gunner figures for MAGAT M2 .

WIP, MAGAT M2 "Hammerhead"

MAGAT V1 system (complete in 2013):

Other projects that I'm working on:
1:18 US vehicles; BG-ISAM M3 "Pale Horse" Mech, M1L2 Abrams MBT (upgraded with laser weapon), APC's, and other militia vehicles and custom figures.
1:18 Invader; TOVREX Ground Destroyer, Mecha and Troop Rapid Deployment Dropship, MAGAT variants, P-DRAC Interceptor, Zhurong Zhànjiàn Gunship, and 1:20 FATTY Custom Mecha (kit build and customize). 

I will post more updates for projects soon!
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Really good to read an update here Chad. Back to the front page with your Hammerhead. It looks fantastic and like it has seen a battle or two!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Invader Tank, MAGAT M2 "Hammerhead" WIP, 25 Nov 14
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2014, 10:40:33 PM »
This project is stamped "Conplete"!  I started thread for finished projects. This thread for WIP projects.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Invader Tank, MAGAT M2 "Hammerhead" WIP, 20 Jul 14
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
Just a great finale if you ask me. Nice work Chad!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied Southeast US, Georgia Unit)

Most militia units -which had no interface with SOF's or other military remnants in the southeast- relied on whatever they could find.

Simple civilian trucks, cars, jeeps, were converted to light and heavily armed vehicles. Using variety of weapons. Although the invaders considered these militia groups as minor threat. They played key roles in disrupting some alien operations. Most operations involved hit-and-run attacks on smaller invader scout units. Others would provide fire coordinates to US artillery in unoccupied areas of invader targets.

This particular truck sported a 37mm cannon. Taken from a collector it was hoisted into the back of a Dodge Ram 3200. Steel plates, tank tracks, were placed on sides and front of truck. The cannon was very effective against invader infantry.

Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
This is great. Definitely has that Mad Max feel to it too. Off to share.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Oh yeah, I agree completely.
I would like to see a whole bevy of custom road warrior type vehicles.

I wonder if there was to be a toy line for the new Mad Max movie? Probably not as we should have seen em on the shelves by now

Just looked back and seen the Hammerhead.
Holy smokes!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:31:10 AM by Clonehead »

Offline TheBoo

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
When I saw that picture of the Technical for the first time, i thought it was a picture of an actual technical!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
 This vehicle can go in just about any apocalyptic scenario ! Fantastic work !

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Fantastic work especially on the weathering and damage.

Ron

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thank you, Tamer, Clonehead, and everyone!  You all have  been very supportive of my work for past few years and I cannot thank you all enough! 

For this custom. I went with a 1:18 diecast Dodge 3200 truck.  Took most time creating the crumpled-in effect on the left side (dremel, tap, mini-hammer, screwdriver, etc).  The cannon is 3D printed 1:18 German Flak 37mm AA gun. 
The weathering used combination of wash and more weathering powder. 
The armor is made from clapboard pattern styrene.  The flatbed side armor used combination styrene and 1:16 scale T-55 tank track links.
The shutter and side panels on the can can be raised and lowered.  The front panel slides off.  And the individual rear side panels are removable.  Still work left to do mainly on the interior of the cab.
Chad