Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48713 times)

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Teach me!

Best use of a True Action Heroes space ship I've seen yet. Any chance of the next project to be a tutorial work along project? I'll even allow it to be a small one due to time lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Looks good. Time to go back to the front page with an update.

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Invader Warship / 1:18'ish USCM APC, WIP, 12Jun13
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
Adding panels to the Zh?róng Zhànjiàn (warship). Start interior work on the command section and cockpit. Still slow process. Working on the upper and lower weapon assemblies separately. The aft engines will be the last section to attach.

Started work on 1/18'ish (1/20) USCM APC Resin Kit. Have 2 working on. One on order and another pending. These are adapted to my verse and will have standard aliens APC and 2 with different armament. Most time went into aligning the holes in the wheel wells. Also attached a 1/35 scale buffer to the wheels. One to provide space between the wheel and hull. Finally to help with centering the axle holes in each wheel.  Basic kit assembly doesn't take long unless you make modifications to it.

Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Chad, my comments are on the front page. I can't wait to talk about this and your other scratch builds on one of our first new episodes of CAFN. Chad and I are gonna get some dates settled real soon.

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Just spent some time going over this thread and all the work you have done - you've blown my mind!!! :) Your scratch building skills are fantastic!  Great work!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Much appreciated Tamer and Sith_fire30!  I am looking forward to the CAFN interview! Hope to have some more projects done by then.

Sith_fire30, thank you very much! Big fan of your work, sir! Follow the projects you do on FB and they're astounding!

I need to go back through thread and fix these dead links. Not sure why the links are dead.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
WOW!!! DOUBLE WOW!!!! You sure do built some astoundingly detailed & realistic stuff! That's for sure! Most impressed! Even a Master is impressed, now there's high praise! I'd love one of your APC's , mind you I'd love any of your work! Lol!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18'ish Colonial Marines USMC APC Kit; WIP 18 Jun 13
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Thanks ShamanLogRay! Appreciate the great comment! Wish had more time to work on these. Updates would be quicker then they have been.

This is 1/20 Colonial Marines APC Resin kit. No long write up on the back story. It is adapted to my verse. It is still an APC (advanced US military APC using Navy based laser technology or rail gun system; haven't decided).  Making a rocket launching variant.
Made some custom changes to the kit:
- elevated wheel height (for my purpose and more common with modern APC's)
- cut out opening for driver side door. Door is hinged and turning handle locks the door.
- add slide rail and rod so the side door can open/close.
- made joints so main gun can elevate. Pins to allow both main and forward twin barrel gun to rotate.
- cut out resin to add windshield to frame.
- in process off adding seat to interior. Not that easy unless want to cut out section of the floor or roof to do more interior work.

Chad

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
holy crap!!! thats the best looking APC i have ever seen!!  superb sir ..just superb!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Thanks wraithnine! I just started painting yesterday. Using standard US OD drab paint. The next I may do a woodland camo pattern and a rocket launch variant.
Chad

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I agree with Jay, just superb. And on the front page.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Dude, that is so awesome! I can't wait to see her all painted up!!!   :o

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
 Very impressive! But is it a resin kit you made or one you have bought and altered? If you bought it where did you get it, etc? It will look brilliant painted up! Any plans to do an interior?

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
WOW!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Excellent alterations C130M! especially the jacked up wheels!