Author Topic: 1/18 Custom alien invaders Flag Officers WIP's  (Read 5804 times)

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
1/18 Custom alien invaders Flag Officers WIP's
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »
Here are couple of custom figures I'm working on. Not much progress on detailing/painting while working other projects.  I provided just general information to keep short.
These are alien commanders in my verse. Involves pre/post global invasion by conglomerate of alien species under the flag of prime alien race. Explain more in time. Storyline has evolved in mind and paper over 20 years.

System Premier, Zoav Vrackarru

(Longest serving Premier in the expeditionary fleet. responsible for conquering numerous systems, his successes grew the borders, security, and resource allocation in deep regions of uncharted space for the prime civilization. He commands the fleet and invasions. Maintains security until the regular military and planet Premier take control of operations. His fleet is resupplied with troops, armor, and whatever else is required.)

Planetary Ground Operations, Supreme General Tilkau Zabidra

(known for his shere verocity in combat, and knowledge in all forms of ground and fighter crafts; he commands all ground and air forces engaged in combat on Earth. He overseas planetary operations from base in Midwest. He is known to fight in battles in Southern US, China, Europe, and Africa)

Region General, Hief Petara

(serves as southern US regional commander engaged in ground operations, security, enforcement of laws in occupied states [North/South Carolina, Georgia, parts of Northern Florida]). Reports to senior leadership on status of operations. Coordinates with other Region Generals regarding allocation of resources to meet objectives of Supreme General Zabidra)

Region General, Xetur Zrathakus (Not pictured is additional sculpting to this figure)

(body mutated as result of biological contaminant. At Xetur's behest, medical integrated into his body computer/DNA inhibitor preventing further spread mutagen. He commanded assault and establishment of first ground base in Midwest. Significant location for open land to allow for landing transports, armor, mecha, from their Earth orbiting expeditionary fleet)

Region General, Suta Rasshirii

(severely injured in battle with insurgents on another planetary system. Body was mangled but his will as officer to fight refused dishonor of death on a primative planet. what was left of his body was incased in a cybernetic chassis. His pain receptors in the brain were inhibited by nano surgery. He remained formidable and punishing leader. He loathed insurgents; very group which caused the metamorphic change from humanoid to cyborg.)

Field General, Gerat Ligtavin

(reports to Region General Petara in southern US. He serves on front lines of the invasion. He commands his forces in North Carolina. He prepares and waits for orders to launch offensive into Virginia.)

The 2 alien soldiers serve two purposes. Elite forces serve on security teams and ground engagements.

Hope they look okay so far. More to come on the vehicle and Figure front.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 1/18 Custom alien invaders Flag Officers WIP's
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:25:01 AM »
WOW! Thes are very interesting and intriguing designs! I love the wip shots showing the bounty of parts you have cobbled together. Very complex designs and very cool looking aliens you have here. No doubt they will be stunning when repainted. Welcome to the Yards and congrats on a great first post.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
Wow, what a great verse you are putting together. You just dropped my jaw with your vehicle customs. Look for some of these to show up on the front page soon too.

Wow.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:17:56 AM »
These ARE AMAZING!!!!! great job! what parts did you use to make the first one? ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:25:21 AM by ghostskull18 »

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »
those are great creations you have there welcome to the yards

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »
Thanks everyone for kind words! I still consider myself a novice (confidence thing where I am my own worst critic). Your comments show that I have made progress on my work!

The verse is part of a series of stories I have worked on over past 15+ years. I have used number of parts from variety of figures. I need to go back and try to find list of all parts used.

Ghostskull18, System Premier, Zoav Vrackarru. Need to get better list but summary:
- base figure is first Rise of Cobra Cobra Commander. Swapped out the head with SDS headsculpt. I am slowly learning head sculpting so hope to start doing my own work.
- lower arms from the comic 2 pack expanded universe (imperial knights I believe have clear sabers and wore red armor with black capes)
- the lower legs and shoulder pads are from a marvel comic figure (think called Ronin?).
- the cape came from microman elder predator figure. Skull on chest plate was from old palisades evil dead skeleton figures. Had shoulder armor with small skulls. Cut them off and placed on figure chest.
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »
WOW as the resident potty mouth here let me just say WTF?!?! THese look totaly awsome man!!!! All the pieces and scrambling of parts is fantastic I love this s@#t cannot wait for the final results Damm those look good bro!!!!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
Thanks man! Im working on multiple projects. It's always the paint that slows me down. Looking at Star Wars, Halo to figure out different paint schemes for alien figures. US military, militia, etc., are not as difficult.
Chad

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
I really like all of these and I specifically like how you combine and modify parts. Are you planning to paint any of these figures or leave them as is??

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Very cool parts mixing on all of these!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
Thanks guys! I am working with different parts from variety from different product lines. Some, like the soldiers at the bottom, will be pretty simple customs. Swapping out the heads, some sculpting, then paint. Others like the flag officers require more work.

Lucasclones:

... Are you planning to paint any of these figures or leave them as is??

All the figures will be painted. The  more deformed figures I need to do some sculpting work.

The paint for scifi figures I tend to run into problems. So looking to Star Wars and Halo for paint ideas.

Appreciate the feedback everyone!!
Chad

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »
Dang, scary customs ahoy. These customs are outstanding, hope to see more work from you.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Cool concepts. Can't wait to see the final product.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Great work!  I love the combining of different toy lines and such.  Welcome to the Yards!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
Wow.  These WIPs look AMAZING.  I love the parts mix and original sculpting!