Author Topic: X-Force 3-pack  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
X-Force 3-pack
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »
Today, for your viewing pleasure, we have the X-Force 3-Pack featuring Warpath, Wolverine, and Deadpool

I've been wanting this version of Deadpool for awhile.  I'm a big X-Force fan, and love this new team and their mission focus.  The Wolverine is actually different from the first X-Force Wolverine released back in 2009, in that it's a different costume.  However, after comparing things, it's the same mold of the new Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, with a new coat of paint.  Still, I do like him.  The Warpath is the same, as far as I can tell.  So basically, you get 1.5 new figures.  Here's the breakdown...

Deadpool:  Deadpool comes with 2 katanas with scabbards.  His chest strap is not molded on, which I prefer.  I think it looks much better that way.  My one big complaint with him, and it's not the figure itself, it's the unfortunate luck of the draw, is that his joints are funky.  Every figure in this line, probably every Hasbro figure out there, are flawed in different ways.  My Deadpool's legs rotate at the thigh, but not at the hip joints, so he stands funny.  His ankles are super articulated, with complete rotation in all axis.  Unfortunately, they're loose on mine.  As far as the sculpt goes, I'm pretty happy.  I'm easy to please, however, and I'm sure others will find fault in him.  Overall, I give him a 4/5.

Wolverine:  Wolverine is adorned in his Astonishing X-Men costume, with X-Force colors.  I prefer this costume variation, as I find it to be streamlined and more realistic, if that makes any sense.  His claws are for one, individual and NOT warped, which is great.  I do wish one day they'd make them out of legitimate metal, though.  His joints are solid, they move well, and he is able to stand on his own with no troubles.  I give him a 4.5/5

Warpath:  Warpath was a member of X-Force from the very beginning, under Cable's tutelage.  I wish some of those characters were on the current roster, such as Shatterstar (did you know he ended up being gay, along with Rictor?  Missed that story arc.), Cannonball, and Sunspot.  Especially Sunspot.  But I'm getting off topic here.  Warpath is nothing special, he's the same as the previous version.  I wish they'd have added in an X-Force variation of Cable, Domino, Elixir, Vanisher, or Wolfsbane.  I'd really love the Archangel version, but we all know they want us to spend $60/year to read comics online.  Again, I'm getting off topic, but that's how much I really wish there was a different figure in this set than Warpath.  2/5 because he's been thrice rehashed now.

And here they are, all pictured along with X-23.  Psylocke is coming out later this year, and I wonder if an X-Force variant will be possible.  If I ever get my hands on another Archangel, I'll be painting him in his X-Force colors for sure.  Still need an Elixir, Wolfsbane, Vanisher, Domino, Cable, and Fantomex to round out the team.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: X-Force 3-pack
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
I know one thing this new forum design and coloring sure does make your great graphics pop even more. Wow. I wonder what these would look like in the Gallery.

I did see these in the store and thought they looked great, especially Deadpool.