Author Topic: the ForceCast Collectors Editions  (Read 4028 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
the ForceCast Collectors Editions
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:43:03 AM »
well i have just listened to the latest collectors edition  with guest star Deryll Depriest  and if your waiting for nightsisters ,trando's or Mortis then i am afraid that Hasbro have deluded themselves in to thinking that only kids buy the clone wars full stop and from now on will be scaling back all obscure characters and will only be concentrating on the "core" characters. so get ready for tons and i mean tons of repaints/repacks and about 20 versions of Obi Wan and anakin ....well done Hasblow you frikken idiots ...to say i'm disappointed is an understatement its seems that Hasblows market research dept are totally clueless ,of course your selling the core characters ...because its all everyone can bloody find!! that and the fact you pack each one about 10 to a friggin case!

>:( >:(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: the ForceCast Collectors Editions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:48:33 AM »
Yeah, you are feeling the same way I felt after getting that answer back about not making the Trandos or Wookies from the Season Finale of Season 3. For the life of me I don't know who is giving them their market research, but whoever is needs fired and a new team hired and at that one that involves me and about a half a dozen other folks here who actually buy the daggone things they produce.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »
well i have just listened to the latest collectors edition  with guest star Deryll Depriest  and if your waiting for nightsisters ,trando's or Mortis then i am afraid that Hasbro have deluded themselves in to thinking that only kids buy the clone wars full stop and from now on will be scaling back all obscure characters and will only be concentrating on the "core" characters. so get ready for tons and i mean tons of repaints/repacks and about 20 versions of Obi Wan and anakin ....well done Hasblow you frikken idiots ...to say i'm disappointed is an understatement its seems that Hasblows market research dept are totally clueless ,of course your selling the core characters ...because its all everyone can bloody find!! that and the fact you pack each one about 10 to a friggin case!

>:( >:(
We will see a variety of different characters at times, just even less than ever now. But, at Toy Fair, Hasbro confirmed multiple figures from the Mortis and Nightsister arc's, so there will be figures from those coming up ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »
What I don't get is how some arcs will get figures while others are left in the lurch.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
You really can't make sense of there answers, if you try you will drive yourself crazy! They always say they won't make this or that only for it to show up 4 months later. I agree whoever is giving them there info should be fired. I know they do research to get these answers but please someone tell me what that entails. If I were creating these episodes I myself would know what characters the people would want without any research. They are missing out on a gold mine with these trandos and there vehicles. If they had any marketing skills they would have made one Trando hunting vehicle with the face on the front and had it on the shelf right after the episodes aired and include 1 exclusive Trando with it. Then make 3-4 other Trando's mostly from that mold and sculpting just a few parts to be accurate to each character. Hey, you spent money sculpting Bossk and made us buy the vehicle set to get him, reuse his head on one but please give us better arms.Then 6 months later release a second Trando vehicle reusing the same mold but add a few different parts on the exterior (one had a mesh screen material where a windshield would go, maybe change the gun design for variety) give this one the flame paint job or pick another they were all cool, and you have another vehicle that would sell out. Along with this reuse some Trando parts again and give us another one for a pilot. We need more bad guys! Everyone loves them, even kids! Wake up Hasblow!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:40:08 PM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
I agree with all of your points L.E. All of them.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »
I honestly believe if they would hire and listen to me they could fire a department or two. I would have answers to their distribution problems as well.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:27 AM »
What I don't get is how some arcs will get figures while others are left in the lurch.
If it's true what they said about the Trandoshan arc about no figures from that (They lied about the only cadet clone being Hevy, and they've lied about other things before, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are lying about figures from that arc). If it is true, it will be because it is in a shorter story arc, as that's what Hasbro said in that Q&A.

I won't understand it if they really don't. Those two episodes probably had more potentials than all 3 of the Nightsister, Mortis and Citadel arcs all did seperately. That said, I think ones from those ones would be cooler than the Trandoshan arc, except for Garnac and Tarfful. I really hope the Mortis arc figures will include Son, Qui-Gon Jinn, Daughter and Father. Those would be my top choices for that arc.

And I don't mean to boast or big myself up. But, if just someone like me was employed by Hasbro to decide what Star Wars characters get into figures, I would know what I'm talking about. I know my characters well, and how well they would sell as figures. Duchess Satine is one of those examples (I hope Hasbrop are lying about not making her too)...