Author Topic: More to say have you?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
More to say have you?
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
    yosab
Okay,in ep 1 the phantom menace,anyone notice how the city of naboo has like an old cathedral look to it,so when qui-gon and obi wan face off against Darth maul,where the hell are they fighting?none of the rest of the city looks like that.i mean there's all these huge pylon things and platforms that just don't match the rest of the city.then,they run into these force field things that have no real purpose,and then it only leads to a huge hole in the ground.
    Also,here's another topic.when qui-gon,padme and jar jar travel to tattooine,there are all these useless extras walking around,and none of them do anything.I'm not sure what part of tattooine they were in,maybe mos eisly or anchorhead,but either way it is suppose to be this rough place and everyone's just walking around minding their own business,i mean when Luke went into the cantina ponda boba didn't like him from the start,so you'd figure that qui-gon and padme would have run into a bit more trouble there other then sebulba right.
      « Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:02:22 AM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
      • Grand Admiral
      • He who is one with the Walker
      Re: More to say have you?
      « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »
      I have to admit that I really never thought of the environment much because that lightsaber battle was just awesome. To me it was the best part of the whole movie until Obi was somehow able to take Maul out. I never did like the fact that Maul was able to pretty much fight both of them to a standstill together only to get waxed by a rookie after taking out the Master. Ofcourse they tried to kill off Boba too and look where that got them. ::)

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
      • Captain
      • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
      « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »
      well this is more of just a funny obsevation then a question really,on both parts.there's a lot of things i've noticed over the years watching these films.
      « Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:16:36 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
      • Grand Admiral
      • He who is one with the Walker
      « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:15:52 AM »
      Thats the fun of Star Wars. Beside there always being some new show, game, or book there is always new magic to be found in the same movies. Well not the same now that Blu-Ray has released, but I am sure the 3D release this February is gonna be awesome.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
      « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »
        Take Cloud City, here you have this beautiful cosmopolitan wonder world, but when Vader and the Empire shows up it's hellish interior is revealed. Same with Naboo when Darth Maul shows up. You have an innocent beautiful world transformed by the presence of evil.

The second part I believe that during the time of the republic the galaxy was peaceful but when the empire was formed it became a lawless distopia. Even though technically its not in the jurisdiction either the republic or the empire its still effected one way or the other.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:03:25 PM by JDeck »