what do you think of the remakes?

i think they will be good
2 (25%)
they will be terrible
5 (62.5%)
i don't know
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: the remakes  (Read 2679 times)

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
the remakes
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »
so today at school trandoshanslaver1138 and i had an arguement about the 2014 remakes of the original trilogy. i said the thought of the remake makes me sick, but he said they would probably be better than the originals. what do you think? :)
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: the remakes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »
UGH :-[ DON'T GET ME STARTED :-X

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »
NO WAY! Leave the originals, no remakes should be made, instead spend the millions of $ on giving us the continued saga, in movies such as the expanded universe series, Knights of the old republic series, etc, imagine todays cinematic technologies applied to movies such as these. What is done, is done! leave it alone. Vote for " The saga continues" not for " The saga remake".

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:55:44 AM »
NO WAY! Leave the originals, no remakes should be made, instead spend the millions of $ on giving us the continued saga, in movies such as the expanded universe series, Knights of the old republic series, etc, imagine todays cinematic technologies applied to movies such as these. What is done, is done! leave it alone. Vote for " The saga continues" not for " The saga remake".

ughhh....barf.....they would be just as horrible as the PT.......

Lucas needs to put the movies back to their original state and just make them HD compatible and clean them up, thats all thats needed.........

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:59:55 AM »
I would love to see some new cgi added to the Battle of Hoth. Can't you just see the Walkers then!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
ACTUALLY,LUCUS NEEDS TO EITHER LEAVE THE FRANCHISE TO HIS KIDS,OR IN THE CAPABLE HANDS OF BIOWARE FOR STORY TELLING I THINK,AND YES,GO BACK TO THE OLD REPUBLIC DAYS FOR THE MOVIES,BUT I'D LIKE TO SEE THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN STAR WARS BE THAT OF TOR CGI TRAILERS,THOSE ARE JUST AMAZING.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
The original untampered version is going for about the same as the bluray. I'm thinking of buying the true originals on eBay. I was watching the blueray and it looks good but all the changes ruins the movies for me. Like the max rebo  band is all screwed up looking even the song sucks compared to lapti nek.how does Greedo miss at point blank range?  I'm going on a rant but I remember i was 10 when the remakes came out and i didnt like them and i was 10. The one positive is they look amazing as far as the picture and sound quality. The empire strikes back Hoth battle looks a whole lot better and the added wampa scene was good. Pretty much Empire was done well.as for the rest If it ain't broke don't fix it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:35:50 PM by JDeck »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
Han still shot first.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 07:20:16 PM »
They tried to make Han soft. They didn't want him to be a killer so they did the stand your ground thing. Just doesn't work. Greedo is right across the table and misses he must be the worst bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. Maybe it was his compound eyes that threw him off but I dunno.