Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 61121 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »
Your sculpts are fantastic! I like the Michael Douglas. The jaxxon is coming along great.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2019, 07:13:08 AM »
I agree on that Jaxxon, making great progress. Back to the front pages.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »
Thanks JDeck. The Hank Pym head was a necessity for me to complete my AntMan display... but now there's Ghost and Luis out there. Gotta get those two. 

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »
Your Jaxxon head is looking really good. The work on the jaw to keep it articulated is excellent. I hope it isn't offensive to say that without the ears, the face is reminiscent of Falkor the Luck Dragon from "The Neverending Story" :)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2019, 05:42:16 AM »
Thanks Starchaser. No it's not offensive. I'm not really offended by anything... not one of those. LOL I have a personal take on Jaxxon. While I feel he's a rabbit per-say he still has alien qualities. He has an attitude... a smart a**ed bad attitude (Kind of like Rocket the Raccoon) and my vision of Jax smokes a cigar... like the A-Teams Hannibal Smith (plus it's offensive to smoke to some people and I find that funny). Here's my personal take on him. Old art work, but one of my favorites.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2019, 01:15:40 PM »
Today's Jaxxon Progress. Almost there. Molding and casting soon, but I want to get a few accessories made for him so it's more of a kit style piece. I'll keep y'all posted.

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »
I totally agree with your take on Jaxxon! I've always really liked the character (even the design as a giant space rabbit), but I like that you leave him a little "not bunny" - a green Bugs Bunny doesn't really work. He's going to be a most excellent sculpt when complete. Keep up the good work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2019, 03:44:00 AM »
Daggone that looks good. Off to share again!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2019, 07:53:37 AM »
Thanks for the front page Tamer! Having fun with this one.

Thanks Starchaser. Did you know that Jaxxon was originally based on Bugs Bunny? When the StarHoppers teamed up with Han and Chewie to fight the Cloud Riders (the term Cloud Riders was used in the SOLO movie) on Aduba 3 (Aduba 3 was loosely based on Bug's home, the WB or Warner Brothers at the time ) the story line there was a loose rendition of "The Magnificent Seven". Godzilla was very popular at the time, so the writers mixed in the Behemoth based on him to hold the attention of the children reading the comics at the time. (Because almost only children read comic books then) In a later issue Jaxxon and the StarHoppers show up again. This time they're being hunted by the notorious Bounty Hunter Valance.  (keep in mind that this was way before Boba Fett and the whole Star Wars bounty hunter thing) Valance's character was based on the villain made famous by Lee Marvin in the John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart Western "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Valance hunted the StarHoppers, under the impression that Jimm Doshun was actually Luke Skywalker, whom he was hired to find. Jaxxon was briefly captured by two of Valance's cronies named Dafi and Fud (again hearkening back to Jaxxon's roots as Bugs Bunny and insinuating Daffie Duck and Elmer Fudd )

Fun Facts!

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2019, 02:30:50 PM »
Thanks for the front page Tamer! Having fun with this one.

Thanks Starchaser. Did you know that Jaxxon was originally based on Bugs Bunny? When the StarHoppers teamed up with Han and Chewie to fight the Cloud Riders (the term Cloud Riders was used in the SOLO movie) on Aduba 3 (Aduba 3 was loosely based on Bug's home, the WB or Warner Brothers at the time ) the story line there was a loose rendition of "The Magnificent Seven". Godzilla was very popular at the time, so the writers mixed in the Behemoth based on him to hold the attention of the children reading the comics at the time. (Because almost only children read comic books then) In a later issue Jaxxon and the StarHoppers show up again. This time they're being hunted by the notorious Bounty Hunter Valance.  (keep in mind that this was way before Boba Fett and the whole Star Wars bounty hunter thing) Valance's character was based on the villain made famous by Lee Marvin in the John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart Western "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". Valance hunted the StarHoppers, under the impression that Jimm Doshun was actually Luke Skywalker, whom he was hired to find. Jaxxon was briefly captured by two of Valance's cronies named Dafi and Fud (again hearkening back to Jaxxon's roots as Bugs Bunny and insinuating Daffie Duck and Elmer Fudd )

Fun Facts!

Yeah, I had that in my fun facts file too. I actually have the Marvel issues in which the StarHoppers all appear. I remember thinking (even as a kid at the time) how "cheesy" the valied references were, but that was okay with me. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 05:32:35 PM by Starchaser »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »
This is just awesome mate.

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
Thanks Ron! He's coming along. Taking it slow so he's as perfect as he can be.

Got a small Update. Green Stuff for his jacket striping and StarHopper's patch and 90% done with his space boots. Styrene space helmet collar and I'm trying a new thing here. Styrene strip gun belt covered in Green Stuff. The beginnings of that are laying at his feet. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2019, 06:56:27 AM »
Wow that is looking good. Looks like you are almost done to me. Off to share the latest.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2019, 08:54:06 AM »
Thanks Tamer. He does look close to being done, But I've got a few detachable accessories to go. Then molding the original and the painting. Whew!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2019, 01:17:16 AM »
Sensational work mate.

Ron