Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 60784 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2018, 02:32:53 PM »
Thank You Ron! I'm not much of a 1/12th scale collector, but customizing them is the bomb. More detail. These are my first two.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »
Gosh thanks Tamer! I've got big plans for EU Legends. Most customizers are building movie characters using expanded parts from the 3-3/4" lines. The casters out there are able to expand the parts using various methods, Hydrospan being one. they do great work. I like sculpting my own. Jack and the Monkey Lizard are original sculpted portraits by me. I love to sculpt, it's one of my favorite things to do. Jolli's head is a modified Marvel Select Gamorah. Jack's jetpack is also an original creation by me. Sooner or later I'll put them out for sale either on my FB page or ebay. If anyone wants something and doesn't want to wait for me to "get to it"  ;) they can contact me via my FB page https://www.facebook.com/DarthSinisterCreations/ and inquire.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2018, 03:05:53 PM »
A far cry from the originals.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Got some more "Quick" customs here using POTF figures. Love doing these!

First one is a Devaronian Bouncer. Push mold head, lots of Aves FixIt Sculpt. This was a POTF Darth Vader... sculpted right over that sucker.

One of my favorites. An Imperial Heavy Infantry Commander. Essentially a Stormtrooper head on a Dengar body with some Aves sculpting.

Another push mold head and lots of Aves sculpting over a POTF Ben Kenobi. Gotta have a Dark Lord! Vuvrian Sith Lord seems to have eyes in the back of his head.

Boba head on a Stormtrooper body. Aves and Green Stuff sculpting on the Ubese Soldier.

Some Aves sculpting over a Yakface fig and we get a Yarkora Gunslinger.

Love this one. Simple Momaw figure and some Aves sculpt. Ithorian Ceremonial Guard.

Lastly. From the Classic Marvel comics adaptation of Star Wars 77', (before we knew what Jabba looked like) It's Jabba the Hutt and his Goons! Little paint, little Aves and some Green Stuff.

Hope you guys enjoyed these. All up for sale on my FB page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2018, 03:38:57 AM »
Wow, you are on a roll! Love that Ithorian. Off to share some of the latest.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »
Thanks Tamer. I've had a picture of that Ithorian in my head for many years. It's finally out.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
If you wear contact lenses you probably have an over abundance of these things lying around. When I'm painting a fig a lot of the time I mix colors to make a custom color. When everything is done I sometimes have to do a "last look" and always there are some touch ups needed.

What I started doing is mixing my custom color in these. It holds enough that one side is sufficient per color. They're made for liquid so when you seal it up the paint stays wet.

The red one was Jolli's base color and has been in there for two weeks. Still usable.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2018, 07:46:33 AM »
Nice tip. Off to share it.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:11 AM »
wow
That's a huge update. Every figure is a masterpiece.
My favorite is the Imperial Heavy Infantry Commander.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
Thanks Fiala. As soon as that Dengar comes out in the 1/12th scale I'm making him BIGGER!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
Wow, there's a lot to respond to here. First off, I really, really like your interpretation of Crimson Jack and Jolli - well done. They were truly fun characters from a truly fun era of Star Wars and you have updated them very nicely.

Second, great job on the older style customs. There are so many great elements to all of them, I was going through the images saying, "I like that one, no I like that one, no I especially like that one..." which simply means "well done" all around. I hesitate to single out any, but I think I'm particularly fond of the gunslinger and the Ubese soldier.

Third, great idea for the contact lens cases! I'll be using that "hack".

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »
Thank you Starchaser. I hope you enjoy these next ones as much!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:59 PM »
DONE!! One more step into a lost world. These two are my absolute favorites, always have been. Old MARVEL Star Wars was da bomb.

Here is my re-imagining of the green rabbit himself. Jaxxon has a special place in my heart. This one took a while as did his accomplice. Lots of little details and nods not only to the comics but artists like Pablo Hidalgo and me... the cigar is something I've always given Jaxxon. He seems like the type. (If you look closely you'll notice a pouch on his belt with two more cigars, 3 in all)

On Jaxxon's shoulder is a patch representing the Star Hoppers and on the space helmet, aside from a credit symbol and a tiny Rebel symbol is a star. The star has been incorporated into a lot of Jaxxon art out side of the comic so I had to add it.

And what's Jaxxon without his main squeeze Amaiza. Here she is decked out in her saloon girl attire. A little scam her and Jax used to run to cop credits galore from gambling houses. She was the inside gal! Also watch out! Aside from being a quick draw and once a high member of the Black Hole Gang, Amaiza wears a beautiful flower in her hair all the time... or is it? It's actually a pet called a snipscrill. Don't get too close to her, the creature is quite protective and deadly poison.

Let me know what you guys think!
Like my page! https://www.facebook.com/DarthSinisterCreations/
Check me out on E-Bay https://www.ebay.com/usr/whitestoysds

These guys will be up for bid soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2018, 02:50:30 AM »
Wow, these look amazing! Let me go share all of this information on the front page. I will also be sure to share your auction links.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2018, 03:34:24 AM »
Obsoletely INCREDIBLE  0/ 0// 0/ lvva

I honestly would assume these where hasbro quality if not for the tinniest scrutiny.

I love these characters too. Especially that stupid bunny. I always imagined him and Howard the duck being stuck in a buddy comedy.

He is without a doubt the org. Jar Jar Binks... Its just hilarious since some how you can take him 99% serious.