Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 60771 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2017, 02:10:58 AM »
I even found the

eBay Link

Off to share. Nice work.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2017, 06:25:41 PM »
Thanks Tamer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2017, 08:28:27 AM »
Thanks Tamer.

Your welcome. I always try to support our member's eBay custom projects.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
A quick peek at what's on the bench. These are some more POTF (accept for one) sculpt-overs. Fun fast customs in between some of the more intricate ones. I'll post them again when more progress is accomplished.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2017, 05:36:08 AM »
Gonna be a lot of custom goodness when you are done. Great sculpt work. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59:49 AM »
I love the sculpting

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
Fantastic sculpting mate.

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »
Thanks Guys! Nearly finished up the sculpting on them. Painting's gonna hafta' wait... heading to Disney World! Hollywood Studios here I come! I'll ride the Star Wars simulators 50 times.  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2017, 03:20:31 AM »
Now that is the way to go have fun!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
Howdy Folks!

I've had a little time lately and have been hard at work on the beginnings of my classic MARVEL STAR WARS stint. These figures are 1/12th scale and a passion project for me. Now it would be fun to translate the characters as they were, straight from the pages of the old comics, but I always like to put my own spin on things. Giving these characters a much needed re-boot is essential. I want to achieve a look for them that makes sense in relation to the films and breath new life into them.
Most of the time the re-booted characters need a little story tweaking as well. I always try to make them a little more interesting and use cannon story lines to fit them into the universe seamlessly.

In the beginning there was a film called STAR WARS. Not STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE. Just STAR WARS. I was 10 years old and it was hands down the greatest thing I'd ever seen. I saw the movie more times than I could count and just as many as my allowance and grass cutting money would allow. I collected the toys, posters, magazines... anything that came out. I bought the MARVEL comics adaptation of the movie and to my delight, MARVEL didn't stop there. They kept going. New stories, New characters. As a 10 year old I loved them and waited every month for the next exciting installment. It was a much smaller world then. There was no internet, no bantering and arguing about who's a better fan. The ugliness of today's societal woes were not present. You liked what you liked and that was it. It was a better time in that aspect.

So here we are and I'm starting with not one, but two of my favorite MARVEL characters. The FIRST EU characters to be seen were some of my favorites... SPACE PIRATES!!!! Namely Captain Crimson Jack and his first mate Jolli. They were awesome! A bit under-dressed for space travel but awesome just the same. Crimson Jack got his nickname from the color of his mane. His pirate vessel was a Victory Class I Imperial Star Destroyer he and his crew found adrift. He raised his First Mate Jolli from a child and aside from his gruff demeanor saw the girl as a daughter. Captain Jack and his crew were known for raiding unsuspecting freighters via space jump, attaching themselves to the hulls and blasting thought to get what they wanted.

We also get that Han Solo and Jack are acquainted and have been for some time. I would have loved to have seen that or even a Jack cameo in the new Solo movie. These guys might fit into that film pretty nicely...

Also if anyone wants to see any older work, check out my page and give me a like! https://www.facebook.com/DarthSinisterCreations/#

Raider, Crimson Jack draws down an adversary.

Space Jumps are no problem with the right gear. Jack's jet pack is magnetized to his back and can be removed.

Jack, like his crew, uses some Imperial items that were taken from the crew before their demise. His chest armor is the breast plate from a Stormtrooper and before he jettisoned the Imperial Naval Captain out the air lock he ripped his insignia from his jacket and fastened it to his armor.

Zim Zim is a character of my own creation. He did not appear in the MARVEL story line. I figured a pirate needs a parrot... right?

Zim Zim is a fully articulated custom figure. The head and everything else was sculpted by me.

Jack acquired Zim Zim in a raid. He was one of several Monkey Lizards taken. Jack liked the red color of Zim Zim's fur which suits his vain nature.

Jolli is Captain Jack's right hand and First Mate. Jack found her and raised her from a small child. Jack see's Jolli as a daughter.

Jolli sports a Stormtrooper belt and Imperial issue blaster rifle.

Jolli's hat and belt are removable.

Head sculpt close up.

Group photo of the trio. Jack has several accessories. Along with the extra head and magnetic jet pack, he also has a removable trench coat.

Fun photo of Han and Chewie being captured by Jack and some of his pirates.

To fill in the pirate crew, I used the simple kit bash little to no paint technique.

"Just let me do the talking Chewie."

Ensemble.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
Nice, it's like Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl Crew meets Star Wars

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2018, 08:34:45 AM »
Thanks Foxtrot. In my mind they're kind of a combination of Pirates of the Caribbean and the pirate organization from Gardians of the Galaxy. I see Jack as a Yondo type. Tries to uphold the rough exterior but is really a softie inside.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »
Wow, now that is an update! Off to share a bit of it before my time leaves me this morning!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
Great looking figures mate.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2018, 08:49:17 AM »
Had to share more on this line. I just ran out of time yesterday. I really like the update.