Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 59600 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Thanks Tamer. This will be a 1/12th build of the 1/18th figure I did years ago. More to come.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »
Hi all! I've got a few progress pictures on Crimson Jack. I still need to do some touch-up paint. Removable coat is done. Jet pack is going to have to be re-worked. The mold came out wonky and it wont cast correctly. The jet pack is also unpainted as is the space helmet. The space helmet and Jack's head are original sculptures, molded and cast in Smooth-on Smooth Cast 325. Still working out some casting issues... (I hate casting), but all will be good with lots and lots of patients.

Last photo is a Mando head I'm working on. Not happy with this one. Might re-work it soon. All are 6" scale.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »
Dude that is an awesome figure! The headsculpt looks great. Overall it's kickass.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Thanks Tamer. This is far from done. He has a special accessory I'm trying to work out.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »
Crimson Jack looks awesome! The head is really fabulous.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
Thanks Starchaser. That head is a test run on my mold. It had a few bubbles at the bottom in the back, but I had to see what it looked like painted. This one is the first sculpt. I actually did a second but I didn't like it as much. Even my wife said this one looked a little meaner.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »
Just like Hondo and Jabba, Jack has a pirate pet. No not a parrot! A monkey lizard of coarse! This is not in the comic. This is my own design. His name is Zim Zim Tickbite.

So I've never been happy with anything Hasbro offered. I've got the Sideshow version. It looks great, but it doesn't move. Well, when all else fails make it yourself! The head sculpt is my own (of coarse). The head is one piece the ears are separate and have to be glued on. This is a plastic cast. I've molded the head and the tail. The body is an altered (Clone Wars) Geonosian. I'm going to attempt to mold and cast the rest of the body... that's 20 parts. Yikes! If they come out good and give me few problems I may sell copies. Keep your fingers crossed. I've still got to sculpt up his furry collar but here he is in the early stages. Let me know what you think!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
Another preview! You know who. I can't do MARVEL Star Wars without Jaxxon. Here are the beginnings of my 6" version. He's coming out awesome! Original Head sculpt! It's two pieces, the head and the ears. They're awaiting mold rubber from Smooth-on. The calves and feet are also an original sculpt. Three pieces each. The calves, the joint peg and the feet. They have already been molded and what you see is a plastic cast that fits the Bossk body perfectly... and the joint works very well. Cassian arms and a fun foam gun belt. The one he's wearing is a prototype blank for general fitting purposes.

I saw L.e. Spry mention it the other day, there a new head now. He still has a ways to go. Let me know what you think. I'll keep the updates coming.

Also. Last photo I gave him a photoshop paint job to see where were going with this guy.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Best Jaxxon custom I have seen

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2017, 05:47:31 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »
Fantastic work on Jaxxon !

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »
Your work is amazing! the monkey lizard is very impressive! any chance that the monkey lizard will become a kit that is for sale?  ;)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »
Thank you Foxtrot Delta. I do appreciate it!