Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 60668 times)

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2014, 07:17:07 AM »
Love the modern Crimson Jack! The "deep-v" gives him just enough of a hint of exhibitionism without being inappropriately pants-free.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2014, 07:22:46 AM »
You nailed it CJ. Since he showed so much skin in the comic I thought it would be a good thing to bring that in somewhere.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
Here is my entry for the 2014 ISY Birthday Challenge. The theme was the ULTIMATE Action Figure so I decided to do one of my top favorite Star Wars characters from my favorite Star Wars film. This is the ULTIMATE "Empire Strikes Back" Han Solo.

This ultimate Han Solo features a light-up mini figure stand, Han Solo frozen in Carbonite block, many different configuration possibilities and 16 accessories.

Han's trousers are from the VC Bespin Han and feature ball-hinged hips. The lower legs are from the LC Cloud City Wing Guard and have been painted to match. His Hoth trousers are parted from the SL Hoth Han and the upper legs are from a G I Joe FireFly giving this incarnation ball jointed hips. The original plastic skirt was cut away and a Quinlan Vos soft goods skirt was added and painted to match giving the newly hinged hips freedom to move. Han's shirt was taken from a POTJ Bespin Han. An elongated neck-peg cast was added and the hollow torso was filled with a soft Smooth-On plastic and arm and waist peg receivers are molded in. His Hoth coat, also taken from the SL Hoth Han has been modified with a neck peg cast to receive a regular head.

Han is ready to fight off Mynock above. His arms are from the VC Bespin Han giving him full pose-ability and his removable jacket is again from the POTJ Bespin Han. The Hoth Han head from the Saga Legends line has been hollowed out to snugly fit the modified neck peg.

Ready to do some repairs to the Falcon, Han is outfitted with a VC Echo Base coat and arms. The arm's original shoulder pegs have been removed by slicing one side of it's holding shaft and new ones are added from a cast of the SL Hoth arms, standardizing the pegs to the other arms. A tiny dot of Gorilla Glue is added to the holding shaft and it's as good as new.

The lighted base casts an amber glow on poor Han as he is being frozen in Carbonite. The base is a Home Depot drain filled with an amber/clear resin and lit with a puck light. Han sports yet another pair of arms borrowed from a VC ANH Han. His gun belt is removed and a filler belt is added. The belt is from an LC Jeremoch Colton hollowed to fit and painted to match. The Carbonite Han is from the POTF collection. The face has been re-sculpted with Fix-It and a back has been added to the block. It's been entirely re-painted for a more accurate look.

This figure kit's 16 accessories round Solo out. They include:
Folded Down Hood
Snow Goggles
Neckerchief
Hoth Binoculars
Hoth Scanner
Welding Mask
Welding Goggles
Welding Torch
Breather Mask
2 Mynock
Gun Belt
Filler Belt
Blaster
Hand Cuffs
Arm Shackles

This guys got a lot more combinations by using different legs and torsos, jackets and gear! This is what I'd like to see Hasbro put out as a standard.

Unfortunately I didn't get to finish his Hoth hat and hood that were going to be two separate removable pieces. Also the Han in Carbonite was going to get lights as well but I just didn't have time. This is my final entry. I hope you all like him! 

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 06:30:21 PM »
Really cool. Han is my favorite character and that grate works well as the Bespin floor. I want an ultimate ESB Han figure

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 05:18:23 AM »
I have been so itching to feature this one.

It will get top billing on the day my daughter draws your name out of my cup.

Remember folks, even if you win a random prize, everyone is still entered for the grand prize too. The random prizes are just icing!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 08:58:47 PM »
Thanks guys. This one was fun to do. There were so many looks Han went through in ESB I almost had to stop myself in fear of having too much.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »
That IS the Ultimate Scoundrel.   Great work collecting all the best Solo parts and accessories.  That's a $24 retail exclusive, easy. 
BTW, I cant believe I missed that Snoova presentation.   What excellent casting techniques!  Did you sculpt that armor too?   O0. Outstanding.
I love your pirates too.  You know I have a thing for scum and villainy.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2014, 11:19:41 PM »
absolutely fantastic work.  Beautiful seamless addition of those joe pieces.  Using the quinlan vos soft goods was a wise choice.

Ultimate han solo indeed.  Great work.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »
DS, this is absolutely some of the best work done on any of the key characters from the OT.  With Han being as popular as he is, I'm actually surprised that more people haven't attempted something like this (though I'm not sure they'd have come up with such a great product, as you've done here). 

The knee caps on Hoth Han look seamless: excellent work fusing the GIJoe legs to the Hoth boots...can't even tell they're different parts from figures of a different line.  I love everything about the figure mods and the setup, but my absolute favorite piece here is the idea to use the drain as a stand for the carbonite block.  As soon as I saw it, I had to check your posts to see how you got this done...tremendous idea!  (door slams...car starts up...Garmin begins stating quickest way to Home Depot... ;)  )

I have absolutely enjoyed your virtual customs over the past year and this is just a glimpse---I hope---of some great work on actual figures that we can expect to see from you in the future! 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »
Hello fellas!

Doing some 6" figures. Here's a WIP. I'll update it as I add to it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2017, 04:02:02 AM »
I saw that on our FB Page and shared it this morning. It looks great so far to me.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
Thanks for the front page Tamer. More to come on this guy!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2017, 01:23:19 AM »
Excellent work so far.
The details on the helmet are amazing.
I can't wait to see more.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »
Thank you Fiala. Here are some close-ups of the sculpting work for my 6" Crimson Jack. Most of the work is done using Sculpey. The jet pack has elements of Aves Fixit sculpt. The idea here is an update for the old Marvel character from the 70's. Space helmet and jet pack are for pillaging disabled star ships. The pirates will sometimes jump into space and cut through the hull of a ship. The gun belt is made from "fun foam" from the craft store. It works great!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2017, 05:46:51 AM »
Very nice. off to share the latest.