Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 59517 times)

Offline Barmic_Rin

• Cadet
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
Wow!! That's a check of an update!!
 I love the little spacer and his pet!
And that Snoova is just amazing!!

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2014, 06:56:51 PM »
Wow!! That's a check of an update!!
 I love the little spacer and his pet!
And that Snoova is just amazing!!

Thanks Barmic. I loved doing the Snoova he was a lot of fun.

Zit and Gog are the two kit-bashes you're referring to and they are my favorites out of that bunch too. A little inside info that makes them even better is that Gog, as big as he is, is terrified of Zit. Zit is a vicious little bas---d and bullies Gog constantly. Some say it makes him feel taller.   ;D

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:22 AM »
All these customs are amazing. I really like that ww2 gun the lady has. Is it a joe gun.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:35 AM »
Nice, time to get some of this on the front page.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 12:08:03 AM »
What a wonderful set of customs. You have a great eye for combinations. I really enjoyed the Rodian bounty hunter and Ace Longshot.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »
You've been busy. Loving Zit and Gog!

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »
So many fantastic pieces you've put together! I am coveting Snoova in particular. The Trandoshan skull is brilliant!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »
All these customs are amazing. I really like that ww2 gun the lady has. Is it a joe gun.

I can't remember what hat gun was from. I thought it was an Aura Sing weapon but I'm not 100% sure.

Nice, time to get some of this on the front page.

Thanks Tamer!

What a wonderful set of customs. You have a great eye for combinations. I really enjoyed the Rodian bounty hunter and Ace Longshot.

Thanks Starchaser, I have a lot of fun swapping parts. I thought that Mando Police Officer body was perfect Rodian base. Oh and Congats on your contest win!

You've been busy. Loving Zit and Gog!

Thanks man!

So many fantastic pieces you've put together! I am coveting Snoova in particular. The Trandoshan skull is brilliant!

Thanks my friend! I figured Snoova would need a trophy and what better than a Transdosian skull.

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
Been steady working on an update. I finally got one of the Pirates done.

This is a Crimson Jack re-boot. If some of you don't know who Captain Jack is he was the first EU character in the Star Wars Universe given to us by MARVEL comics in October of 1977. If you've never seen his original incarnation it was a bit ridiculous. Often when I read this as a kid I used to wonder if the colorist simply forgot to color Jack's legs blue/black like the rest of him. After a while you realize this dude's got no pants. Why would a guy go into space without pants? Like Padme said to little Anni "space is cold". Yikes.

Here's a look at his original design and the inspiration for this custom.

Jack was a Pirate Captain. The 'Crimson' came from the color of his hair I assume. He and Han Solo had a past so Crimson Jack knew his tricks and in the first issue after the adaptation of ANH, Jack robbed Solo of his reward. Crimson Jack also had a cool Pirate ship. He had converted a Imperial Star Destroyer into his own personal Marauder. Here is my own interpretation of his ship with a cool symbol of my own design cause every Pirate needs a flag. This is what Han Solo may have seen through the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

Here's the re-boot figure for Captain Jack...

First up is Jack in his Pirate Raider Gear for space walks.

And here he is before assembly and paint apps. I originally showed my wip with a coat. That was going to be an extra accessory but I had to scrap it because of difficulty making it easily removable. Maybe next time.

The helmet is hand sculpted, molded and cast in soft flexible plastic. The neck compression ring is a cast of TCW Anakin space helmet's bottom ring (minus the bubble). The vest is a re-cast of the Death Star Engineer's with pauldrons added and a magnet inside the back. The Jet pack is a re-cast of the Spacetrooper pack with a magnet added. The head is an original sculpt cast in flesh color and yes, Jeff Bridge's Obadiah Stane was the inspiration. Below the waist is Willrow Hood, Torso is Black Beard from Pirates of the Caribbean, arms and gloves are Hoth Han Solo.

Hope you all like em'!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:35 AM »
I love what you've been able to do on your Crimson Jack: wow!  Looks great as a figure and excellent choices for the parts---especially loving the use of the Dr. Evazan torso...perfect!

Moving away from the "He-Man" styled clothing that he wore in the Marvel comics and replacing it with more mature gear could not have been too easy, but the look turned out well.  I love the use of that cast head sculpt (and your paint applications are very nice). 

I have had great difficulty in finding time for my own customs over the past year, and I've been missing from these boards for some time, but lately I've found myself checking back in as often as I'm able just to see what figure incarnations/digital customs you have up your sleeve.  Keep these great ideas coming!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 06:23:20 AM »
Wow, great upgrade. Off to share!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 06:35:50 PM »
This is a really wonderful modernization of Crimson Jack. Your sculpting work is so marvelous (no pun intended). I can't wait to see how Jolli turns out. Your creativity and attention to detail are an inspiration.

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 07:55:28 PM »
I love what you've been able to do on your Crimson Jack: wow!  Looks great as a figure and excellent choices for the parts---especially loving the use of the Dr. Evazan torso...perfect!

Moving away from the "He-Man" styled clothing that he wore in the Marvel comics and replacing it with more mature gear could not have been too easy, but the look turned out well.  I love the use of that cast head sculpt (and your paint applications are very nice). 

I have had great difficulty in finding time for my own customs over the past year, and I've been missing from these boards for some time, but lately I've found myself checking back in as often as I'm able just to see what figure incarnations/digital customs you have up your sleeve.  Keep these great ideas coming!

Thanks Merc. The torso is actually Black Beard from Pirates Of The Caribbean. It's funny you said Evazan though because after I was well under way with this one I looked at Evazan and thought I could have used that torso. But after all I think Black Beard worked the best. I wanted him to have a kind of pot-bellied look and that torso matched well with the Willrow Hood portly-ness. I did have to do a lot of work to get it to work with the Hoth Han arms though. Black Beard was a pivot style shoulder so I custom made the Han arms ball-joint connector and cupped out the "arm pits" so that the 'ball' of the joint rested inside. I also replaced the Knee ball-joint connector with a custom cast one in black. That's my solution for the scraping off paint on that part that plagues everyone.

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 07:56:57 PM »
Wow, great upgrade. Off to share!

Thanks Tamer! I like him better than the "virtual custom" I did.

Online DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »
This is a really wonderful modernization of Crimson Jack. Your sculpting work is so marvelous (no pun intended). I can't wait to see how Jolli turns out. Your creativity and attention to detail are an inspiration.

Thanks buddy! Jolli is a tough one. I think I'm going to re-cast the entire torso of the figure in flesh so it will look right. I just pulled her head cast in flesh tonight and she looks great! I'm very happy with the head sculpt for her and Jack. They look great in the grey clay but in flesh they look so much better. I was just looking at her under a magnifier and discovered that she's also a dead ringer for Maggie Greene from AMCs The Walking Dead. I'm sure I'll cross her over for that because I want to do some TWD stuff.