Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 61180 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
Thanks for the FP Tamer! Much appreciated! They were so much fun to make.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2018, 10:03:17 AM »
Thank You (SID)! I was 10 when I read these so ole' Jaxxon was a cool cat to me. Glad you like him.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »
Just outstanding DS.
These are 6 inch?
The sculpting on Jaxxon’s Head is professional quality.
How did you get all the detail into the helmet.
Loved the cigar.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
Sure 'nuff! I love your interpretation of Jaxxon (never was a fan of the green). And Amaiza is...well, amazing. Great attention to detail, fabulous sculpting! I have a soft spot for the Star Hoppers as well (remember being really mad when Hedji died), so these are fun customs to see. Great work.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2018, 02:32:32 PM »
Thank You Sjefke! They are 6" figures. The detail in the helmet are meant to tell a story. There's a red star on one side with some Arabesh written on it. A few artists who have drawn Jaxxon outside of the comics, Pablo Hildalgo comes to mind, have incorporated a star into Jax's outfit. This is a tip of the hat to those guys, also the Arabesh says Coachella Prime which is Jaxxon's home world. There's a credit symbol because Jax loves credits almost as much as Han Solo. Last a tiny Rebel symbol to show where his alliance lies. They're all stickers that I sealed on with varnish.

The cigar... I always saw Jax as a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western character.  ;D

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
Thanks Starchaser! The green never bothered me much. I think the comic simply chose the wrong shade. I firmly believe that Jaxxon paved the way for green pigs (Gamorians).  ;)

Hedji isn't dead! He was just playing dead like Hedji's do and later on he joined Han and the rest in the Cantina for a drink. Oh and Chewie was able to put FE-9Q back in working order.

Thanks again bro!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2018, 03:29:38 AM »
I need to catch up on both of your latest updates:

I don't know the comic, but these figures look like awesome characters! The Devaronian Bouncer and the Ithorian Ceremonial Guard are my favourites, but also the troopers look fantastic! Have you only used original parts for these customs or are some of the head sculpts actually resin parts like the head of the Vuvrian Sith Lord or Marvel's Jabba (both awesome, too!)?

Your customs are priceless that's for sure and $18 are a steal for these masterpieces! Do you also ship to Germany?

That Jaxxon is just so cool! I agree with Sjefke, the head sculpt is phenomenal!

You did a fantastic job on these customs! Very inspiring - also the editing of the pictures is very well done! Which program do you use to edit your pictures? I use Paint and Microsoft Power Point. Thanks for sharing!

- Philipp

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2018, 07:50:32 PM »
Thank you Darth More! 

The 3-3/4" figures are done using a "push mold" technique. I make a silicone mold of a Hasbro head or in Jabba's case an original sculpt. I can use the mold to cast heads in plastic , but I can also load it with Aves Fix it and press it over the existing head. In the Bouncers case I whittled that head down before pressing the mold. He was originally a POTF Darth Vader.

I normally do ship to Germany. It just happens I offered these free shipping so I turned off the international shipping option.

I use Photoshop for my photo backgrounds.

Thanks again.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »
Jaxxon is a real masterpiece and one of the coolest looking custom action figures I've seen so far.
The head sculpt is phenomenal.
Excellent work.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
I've done this one before, but this is my first 1/12th scale. From Shadows of the Empire here is Snoova! This is the real Snoova... no Chewbacca disguise here. This one was great fun to do.

He's been sculpted in green stuff. Craft foam was used to make the usual belts and armor, but I also used it to make Snoova's Vibro-Axe... craft foam and a metal coat hanger and some greebles.

Take note of Snoova's trophies hanging from the back of his armor. 😈 Draped over his cape are the bones of a Transdosian Chieftain. This bounty hunter means business!

Let me know what you guys think!
Like my page! https://www.facebook.com/DarthSinisterCreations/
Check me out on E-Bay https://www.ebay.com/usr/whitestoysds

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2018, 12:24:55 AM »
Wow very cool.

Been contemplating the same figure/character myself since I'd gotten a bunch of TFA 6" chewie's some time ago.

I like your choice of details looks fierce.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2018, 02:22:25 AM »
Wow that is nice. Off to share it and your auction.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2018, 08:09:42 AM »
Thanks (SID)! He was great fun to do and he went quick too. I started him right after my Jaxxon post.

There's another Wookie bounty hunter that looks pretty cool too. Don't know his name yet but he could be an option down the road.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
Thank you Tamer!! Next one should be interesting.  [at1]