Author Topic: Target Exclusive ARC-170 Elite Squad  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Target Exclusive ARC-170 Elite Squad
« on: May 12, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
I picked this one up from John and decided to open it up.
Released as a Target exclusive, last year. This pack contains two Repainted ROTS clone pilots, Two repainted clones based on the Greatest Battles shocktrooper body, I believe, and one repainted astromech.

I find it odd that there is no listing of this astromech's name on the box, what so ever. They could have thrown one on there. The colors are a little obnoxious, to me, but go with the theme of the set. One important note. This droid's third leg is retractable but if you push it in, good luck getting it back out as it doesn't want to budge once you get it up there.

The two pilots are of the non removable helmet variety compared to the re-release of the one found in the evolutions set that we will see on legacy cards, this year. The paint job on this pilot's helmet is noteworthy of its attractive markings and shocking red visor. There is no ankle articulation and the elbows spin on a peg with somewhat limited movement.

The two clones are nice and super arty and feature a fairly cool paintjob that pretty much matches the graphics found on the aotc pilot found in the evo set except, these clones are sporting an altered take on the mando jeg's eyes on their helmets.

You guys know me, gotta have them clone repaints.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:15:30 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Target Exclusive ARC-170 Elite Squad
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
More pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
Clone pics and group shot.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »
I picked this one up from John and decided to open it up.
Released as a Target exclusive, last year. This pack contains two Repainted ROTS clone pilots, Two repainted clones based on the Greatest Battles shocktrooper body, I believe, and one repainted astromech.

I find it odd that there is no listing of this astromech's name on the box, what so ever. They could have thrown one on there. The colors are a little obnoxious, to me, but go with the theme of the set. One important note. This droid's third leg is retractable but if you push it in, good luck getting it back out as it doesn't want to budge once you get it up there.

The two pilots are of the non removable helmet variety compared to the re-release of the one found in the evolutions set that we will see on legacy cards, this year. The paint job on this pilot's helmet is noteworthy of its attractive markings and shocking red visor. There is no ankle articulation and the elbows spin on a peg with somewhat limited movement.

The two clones are nice and super arty and feature a fairly cool paintjob that pretty much matches the graphics found on the aotc pilot found in the evo set except, these clones are sporting an altered take on the mando jeg's eyes on their helmets.

You guys know me, gotta have them clone repaints.

the astro has been given the fanfic designation R4-N1
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 03:55:22 PM »
Really? Is it in a particular story?

You have one of these, right, Jay?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:52:53 AM »
Really? Is it in a particular story?

You have one of these, right, Jay?

yes clint i have , the story is that R4-N1 was part of one of the ARC-170 squadrons that was involved in the battle of coruscant but was destroyed in the battle when a stray laser blast blew him apart  in the socket just leaving a smoulder crater where he once was ,the pack is from an earlier time when tigershark markings where still used.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:53 PM »
I hope to have that droid one day.