Author Topic: Prototype Boba Fett Mail Away Redemption  (Read 21966 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Prototype Boba Fett Mail Away Redemption
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
I think I'm gonna get two.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 06:11:45 PM »
Get this, folks.............NEWS FLASH

I just found out that Hasbro changed the official redemption form available at their website to now limit the upcs that will qualify for the Prototype Fett to these lines that are currently warming the pegs. "my guess is that is why they changed it, to inspire the collectors to buy the old retail fodder that they havent wanted to buy for a year now"

Collect and save the UPC codes of any 5 figures from these Star Wars action figure collections: Vintage (97568 Asst.), Saga Legends (21115 Asst.) or The Clone Wars (94736 Asst.)

Here is the url for the official form so you can see for yourself.
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&pageid=2392

What an epic fail for everyone who was led to believe that their older upcs would work like from the saga, legacy, or tac lines.
There is no word from hasbro if they will honor the wide open lines accepted redemption forms that have already been sent in.

I guess I might ask another q&a question about this subject after all.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
dang it I just got my upcs ready
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 03:13:47 AM »
Thanks to Clint and our friends at Yakface for clarifying this for us. I need to check my own upcs now.

Spookymufu

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
after all the junk people sent in for rocket firing Boba Fett, I dont think they even look at the UPCs....

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
None of my upc's were more than a year old, so I should be good.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:23:52 AM »
None of my upc's were more than a year old, so I should be good.

Same here; I thought I'd be on the safe side, just incase something like this happened...
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
after all the junk people sent in for rocket firing Boba Fett, I dont think they even look at the UPCs....

I have to agree with Spooky. I don't know that I have heard of them over not taking any upcs to be honest.

Hope so because some of the first ones I sent in were a few years old. We will see if I get my Fetts. I sent in for quite a few the other day too. It is gonna be Fett Frenzy at the Tamer Household.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:08 PM »
My first check towards this redemption cleared yesterday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
My first check towards this redemption cleared yesterday.

Mine did too. Pretty sure they were old upcs too if that gives anyone peace of mind.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 05:36:59 PM »
now three of my checks have cleared.

Check this out, the downloadable form from Hasbro has changed again.
Now they are back to any upcs from hasbro star wars figures but what's this? Now the downloadable form from the Hasbro pdf does not count as a valid redemption form. LOL, What a bunch of maroons. With vintage distribution like we have seen for the last year, do they think that anyone is going to be able to find a packaged form?

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&pageid=2405
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:23:55 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 06:05:44 PM »
Wow, don't think I have ever seen this many running changes to a mail away offer. I wonder what else we are going to see? No offense, but you can't negate those printable forms they offered earlier.

I need to go see how  many of my checks have cleared. What a mess.

Clint, thanks for the word.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
If they don't send me a Boba they better give me my money order back!!!!    >:(

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »
caught this official Hasbro response on Yakface.com today. Thanks, Yakface, for getting this cleared up for us.

Yakface: Recently, there have been a few revisions made to the terms of the Mailaway Prototype Boba Fett info posted on Hasbro.com since August 31, 2011 (the date of the original posting).

Fans are looking for some definitive clarification to this as the original form (version 1) didn’t stipulate what action figure assortment UPCs were valid for the redemption form. As a result, last week the downloadable pdf form on Hasbro.com was updated (version 2) to specifically call out the three qualifying assortments (Vintage, Clone Wars and Saga Legends). This sent the fan sites’ buzzing and Hasbro’s customer service phone line ringing fielding calls from confused collectors wondering if the original forms (version 1) would be honored from those that already sent in the forms, UPCs and S/H money.

Obviously the original form’s verbiage was in error, but now matters are worse as the online form has been further revised (now version 3 in as many weeks) and is now only a sample – (i.e. not available for redemption) and collectors must send in the actual printed form included with new figures that will be shipping to retailers. Again, collectors are wondering if the the Version 2 forms will be accepted as those aren’t the official “packed-in” printed forms.

Needless to say, collectors who are already frustrated with finding new product are further exasperated with this recent development. Does Hasbro have any official comment/details on this issue that we can pass on to our readers.

Thanks in advance for any insights you or your team can provide.

HASBRO: Thank you for sharing the community’s concerns, and sorry about the confusion!

Those individuals who have submitted non-watermarked downloaded redemption forms, or an on-pack redemption form, along with UPCs from any of Hasbro’s STAR WARS figure assortments will receive their figure. However, if the downloaded PDF redemption form was watermarked, it will not be accepted.

Moving forward, Hasbro will require the original on-pack redemption form, NOT the downloadable PDF version, along with UPCs from any of Hasbro’s STAR WARS figure assortments.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
if any of you have noticed,hasbro messed up a little on the prototype boba fett,first i think he'll be to short,then they messed up on his holster and ammo pouch belt as far as i can tell,i really want the figure,but i just wish they paid closer attention to detail and scale.