Author Topic: 2018 - Hasbro SW License Ends  (Read 2223 times)

Offline DeathStarDroid

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
    • http://www.deathstarplans2.net/
2018 - Hasbro SW License Ends
« on: April 22, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
I thought Id start a topic on the issue of Hasbro's Star Wars toys license ending in 2018.

How does everyone here feel about that?

Do you think they will re-new it?

Star Wars Collecting for life! How will life be with no new figures again?

Offline Wntermute

• Obroa-Skai Curator
  • Cadet
  • www.starwars411.info
    • Obroa-Skai Reference Guide
Re: 2018 - Hasbro SW License Ends
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
The license survived the end of the movie saga and they're more open to EU now. So, there's plenty of life in the license still.

Spookymufu

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:33:50 PM »
as long as it makes money, I imagine they will renew it, but it would be interesting to see how another toy company make them...

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »
i don't think there is another toy  company , and plz don't mention mattel they will be bankrupt in the next ten years .hasbro better renew which probaly they will , but we as fans have to understand that eveyrhtong comes to an end and eventually star wars will finish , maybe alitlle eu here and there , hopefully the live action will kick in to save sw but not for long
May the Force be with you !

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
What with the saga being released in 3D over the upcoming years, I am absolutely positive that Lucas Arts will renew Hasbro's license. One of the main reasons for Star Wars' being such a worldwide hit for over 30 years is the toy line. It's made George Lucas a very rich man and I doubt he'll ever cease the license, unless Star Wars stuff starts going down hill, which I doubt it will.

So basically, I don't at all fear they'll stop Star Wars toys and merchandise. They better not, anywho! :P

Spookymufu

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
i don't think there is another toy  company , and plz don't mention mattel they will be bankrupt in the next ten years .hasbro better renew which probaly they will , but we as fans have to understand that eveyrhtong comes to an end and eventually star wars will finish , maybe alitlle eu here and there , hopefully the live action will kick in to save sw but not for long

there are a few other companies that makes figures, I'm sure there would be someone willing to do it, but like I said, I'm sure it will be renewed eventually

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
I think ANY company would want to take on the Star Wars line. It makes George Lucas the rich man he is, I'm sure some other guy would be more than happy to have a Star Wars license.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
By the time SW ends with toys, Sithfire will start pumping out his own for sale. ;D