Author Topic: FANS CHOICE FIGURE  (Read 16280 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
FANS CHOICE FIGURE
« on: September 01, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
Hot off the press we have been invited to participate in the next fan's choice poll:

"Hello, STAR WARS fans!

Hasbro is pleased to once again invite you and your readers to help determine its next STAR WARS Fans’ Choice figure!
If you have received this email, we would like to invite you to submit nominees from your fans for the Fans’ Choice poll, which will determine a character to be included in Hasbro’s STAR WARS action figure line in 2013, in time for the 30th anniversary of STAR WARS: EPISODE VI RETURN OF THE JEDI.

Poll your readers to determine the characters they wish to be considered for the next STAR WARS Fans’ Choice figure and share your outlet’s top 10 list with me no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.

Your outlet’s polling results list should be ranked in order of importance from 1-10. All polling result lists will be combined together (each outlet getting an equal voice) with the #1 character on each list worth 10 points, the #2 character worth 9 points, the #3 worth 8 points, etc. The resultant point values will be used to generate the final ballot of 20 choices, which will be announced in October by STAR WARS Insider on their website (http://titanmagazines.com/t/star-wars-insider/). Fans will then be able to vote on STAR WARS Insider’s site for their favorite character out of the Top 20, and the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fans’ Choice figure!

Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style. The winning character will be announced at Hasbro’s 2012 Collector-Fan Media Day event at Toy Fair in New York in February 2012."

So with that being said we will open the floor for nominations. If you nominate a character please use the following parameters:

1. Check this thread to see if the character has already been nominated. If it has, it is no use doing so again.

2. Can you include a picture of the character to minimize confusion (I want to send a picture with our top ten list as well as having one for the poll).

3. Include the Movie or Media that the character came from (ie: TESB, EU Republic Commando Novels, etc.). Remember the more clarification you give your nominee the more votes it may get when we close down this nominee thread.

The nominees will close on Sept. 16th so we have at least one week to have an organized vote and get our email sent in by the due date. Also check this thread as more rules may apply. I am just trying to get this started right now and you know me, I may not have thought of an important parameter(s).

Here is another chance for us to get a figure created so lets get a great top ten list Yarders!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:18:06 PM by Tamer »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: FANS CHOICE FIGURE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »
B'dard Tone

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »
B'dard Tone

Uh, have a pic? And I am assuming this was EU?

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »
how about Saelt-Marae (yakface)
i think it would be cool to see another one of him
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
how about a resculpted super arty biker scout with removable helmet?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:25:31 PM by Clonehead »

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
A Bardan Jusik Mandalorian Figure, from the EU (Karen Traviss' Republic Commando Novels).  It would be nice if the figure could have removable Mandalorian armor, like the Jango Fett figure with the poncho and afformentioned accessories, so that he could be displayed as either a Jedi or a Mando.  As well, an actual Verpine sniper rifle, which is famed in the Republic Commando series, and is used rather frequently for such.
(Here is a pic,and a link to his Wookiepedia page:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bardan_Jusik )
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:28:21 PM by UnitedStatesDemocrat »
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
Etain Tur-Mukan  from the Republic Commandos novels. I think if they included her baby that would be very cool. The baby was the love child of her and a Republic Commando clone. They had to hide the baby since it was force sensitive.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:16:58 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »
I think everyone would be interested in a Kal Skirata. He is also from the Republic Commando novels by Karen Travis. Many of the guys here in the Yards including me have made a custom "Papa" Kal, and it would be cool to get an official Hasbro version.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
"Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style."

Uh-huh.  And they've told us over and over this would NEVER HAPPEN.  Now?  OMGosh, we'll make realistic/Legacy style figs of TCW characters!

I submit Parja Bralor/Skirata from the RC novels.  We have plenty of Fetts on cards out there to customize - we need FEMALE Mandos on cards!  (Altho I would most DEFINITELY jump on a carded Kal Skirata fig!)

Also, a Legacy-style Ahsoka - either young or adolescent - would be great.  BOTH would be mind-blowing.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
Here is another from RC novels. Walon Vau, he is a training sergeant on Kamino. Here is a pic of a custom one by Fiala Fernbrugg. He also has a pet Strill. I think it would be way cool if Hasbro made that too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:55:57 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
I would like to also see a Jax Pavan. He was a Jedi who survived order 66. He is in the book  Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 02:56:50 AM »
"Please note: any characters selected from the current STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series would be done in a realistic style."

Uh-huh.  And they've told us over and over this would NEVER HAPPEN.  Now?  OMGosh, we'll make realistic/Legacy style figs of TCW characters!

Ain't that the truth Doc. Whenever they say no real quick like that means yes if that makes any sense.

And I like the sound of your nominations, do you have any pics?

Remember folks please if you can list your nominations as follows:

1. Name of Figure

2. Movie or line where the character comes from

3. And this one is most important, do you have a pic for this figure we can use so there is no confusion on Hasbro's part as to what character we are talking about plus I can use this pic for the voting thread.

There are some good ones so far and thanks for the Yaders for including the pic so I know which one we are talking about!

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
Weren't the B'arin Apma and Mij Gilamar figures originally supposed to be Walon Vau, and Kal Skirata, but they were changed because Karen Traviss didn't like the head sculpts?  Anyhow, great nominations CS!  It'd be great to see them finally put a fig to either notorious Mandalorian.  You too, Doc.  I'd love to see ANY character from the RC series, so long as one actually gets made.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »
how about Saelt-Marae (yakface)
i think it would be cool to see another one of him

I agree !!
Or why not a new Bib Fortuna ?
Admiral Pellaeon would be fine too ^^