Author Topic: north-central Louisiana  (Read 3382 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
north-central Louisiana
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
So I've been known to cover some half a dz WalMarts (especially since my wife works at one), a Target, a Books A Million, and a TRU along and south of the I-20 corridor on a semi-regular basis.

Books a Million??  Yup - the one in Monroe has several boxed sets of the "Crucible" Crimson Guard trainees at, iirc, $40.  Bit much for the two new heads I want, altho four sets of training fatigues and helmets wouldn't be bad.

TRU - as I noted in Clint's thread on the Scramble on Yavin battlepack, the Monroe TRU had one of them.  They also had 3 Jabba sets and 1-2 ATTE Assault sets.  These all disappeared within a 5-day window.  They do have about 3 of the Clones and Droids BattleFront II sets.  They also had 2-3 big-wing TIEs - I'm really liking them!  Someone stole the exclusive pilot out of one...wonder if they'd sell it to me at a discount.

WalMart - Tioga - not one I normally hit up, but I may start.  There's a BigK (KMart) at the same intersection, so it could be a profitable run.  There's another TRU in that area, as well as other WalMarts.  So, this particular WalMart - as noted elsewhere - was virtually BARREN of figs - maybe two dozen at the most and they were skinnies or older waves (Sndstorm Han etc).  HOWEVER!  They had empty pegs in place and labeled for the $12.96 SW EU FIG - or something very close to that.

WalMart - Winnfield - small town store, doesn't see a lot of movement of stock.  Which is good, as I need to pick up several figs from earlier waves - I'm talking SAGA waves.  Their comic-pack pegs were barely populated, but the basic fig pegs are literally crammed to the limits as of today.  If only they'd do a real clearance sale...

Speaking of, the last clearance sale I saw on SW figs at an area WalMart covered the wave with Ak-Rev and they marked them down to $5.  Clearance??  tchaaa...tell me another one!

I'll try and check the Monroe/West Monroe WalMarts and Target on Monday.  See if they have anything NEWsworthy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: north-central Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
Sounds like you have a lot of stores to check in your area, doc.  That $12.95 EU fig peg has to be a spot for comic packs or something.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
Well, in general, that's the stuff we pass on a weekly basis - spread out maybe an hr and a half for the TRU and stores up that way (every Monday), an hr for the district HQ WalMart (every Thurs), and then 20 min's either direction for the two nearest WM's.  The Tioga store was less than an hr away, bt in a direction we usually don;t have reason to go.  There may be another WM or two within 30-45 minutes in another rarely-traveled direction.  If I worked it real hard, I could have a large qty of stores to check.  Happens a lot in Nov/Dec - "shopping parties" at all.   ;)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »
My beloved wifey scored BIG for me!!!  She located 5 of the 6 ESB wave figs on pegs - no Hoth Rebel today.  She also found some repacks!  BD08 Vader, Coruscant Platform Clone, and Kashyyyk Trooper (Scout) all have U-3PO parts in them.

So, she's got me a Capt Needa, Ugnaught, and Kashyyyk Trooper heading this way.  Pics to follow!  (posted in the proper thread, o'course!)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »
Nice scores, buddy! Isnt it nice to have a wifey looking out for Star Wars for you? And with the wally world discount to boot.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »
Think I could talk my wife into getting a job at wallyworld so I can get the discount? Good scores.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
Saw one local WM had the new CW figs on the shelves 2 days ago - looked like 2 cases worth.  I think I may grab a Jawas pack for review and hack-jobs fairly soon.   The other local WM had the Magnaguard Fighter wave out - it has since found its way into Dana's hands.  So, if y'all need a specific fig, let me know and I'll look for it.  I'm headed into town shortly, so I'll re-recon and see what damage the locals have done...

WTF is up with that - we can get the latest and greatest CW fig's but CAN'T get the friggin HK-47 BAD wave???  sheesh

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
I hear you, buddy. They are hot on that cw stuff. If they would only produce legacy figs of the cw clones. I personally could support the production costs .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
I feel your pain, I have been waiting for that second revision Legacy ESB wave since June. It looks like CW gets all the love.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
Here's the new guys I found today.  The Gunner came home with me.  Wasn't someone here looking for a Matchstick?  Might have been on a Scummer's trade list...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 06:18:44 PM »
AWESOME scores, Doc! Where did you find those Wave 10 figs?!?!

I can't wait to snag that wave!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 09:37:27 PM »
Of all places, those were on the pegs of my wife's WalMart.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 10:23:11 PM »
Very nice indeed!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 02:52:33 AM »
Boy Doc, you are finding the goods. I loved the Ugnaught pic. Now you need to go find the beardless Hoth trooper that supposedly is being released with this tusked Ugnaught. Course that was way back when it was showcased at toyfair, but it gives me hope as you found the ugnaught.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 07:10:46 AM »
Well, when I found the Uggy, there were twelve new figs on the pegs - 3 repacks, 1 variant, 8 new sculpts.  No Hoth Rebel.  Yet.  Heck, its been ages since I've seen one of the original sculpts on that Hoth rebel.