Author Topic: New, Non-Star Wars Purchases  (Read 247804 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Re: New, Non-Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Looking for that lady elf in that scale from that line, Dan. Any chance she is on the cheapy rack?

She's only available in a 2pk w/Legolas (clearanced at $4). I didn't see any tonight though, sorry :(

The Hob bit figures are pretty well picked over at all of my K-Marts (my fault LOL).

Spry, if you see a $2 Grinnah The Goblin, can you snag one for me?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:20:17 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
Yes she is Clint! A big $2 purchase. Kmart is an hour away, I hope to be in the area on business next week if Dan can't help you.
sounds good as Dan cleaned his store out. My kmart didnt even carry these. I would probably take a goblin as well as the rest of the 3 3/4 line at that price.LOL

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 06:07:22 AM »
Sure thing Dan.

Spookymufu

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
our newest non-star wars purchase.....we got her from a local shelter.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
our newest non-star wars purchase.....we got her from a local shelter.

She's cute!

Visit me on Facebook!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »
Nice, good of you to liberate her from said shelter.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
As long time Joe enthusiasts know, back in 2009 Toys R Us was going to release another year's worth of exclusive "Jurassic Park" toys utilizing 4 brand new dinosaur molds and with figures using repurposed "G.I. Joe" tooling. For one reason or another, this line never saw the light of day and Joe collectors scrambled to pick up any leaked samples from Asia via ebay, often paying HUNDREDS of dollars per figure, complete or not. Skip forward to 2012 and 2 of these elusive sets have finally been released to mass retail!

I picked these 2 samples up this morning at the Totowa Toys R Us.

As you can see from the last pic, the bottom of the boxes show some of the other sets available in the exclusive line but 2 are blocked off by solid yellow stickers. I peeled the stickers off of 1 of the boxes to reveal a recolor of one of the old JPIII "Re-Ak-Attack" Trriceratops toys, but the other was yet another "unproduced" set with 1 of the newly sculpted dinos (stegasaurus) and another "Jurassic Joe" (this one with Zanzibar's head and Resolute Duke's body).

Here is what you get in each set:

The dinosaurs are most impressive with lots of points of articulation never before used in a Kenner/Hasbro "Jurassic Park" dino. The Allosaurus has ball jointed ankles, head  and shoulders, swivel hips, a double hinged jaw and an action feature neck that thrashes back and forth when the right shoulder is moved forward and back. The Pachyrhinosaurus has more standard JP articulation with 4 swivel hips but makes up for it with a ball jointed head, hinged jaw and an action feature neck that thrashes the head up and down when the right rear leg is pulled back. The paint jobs are very nice, not quite as sharp as the ones on the back of the box, but much nicer than past JP offerings. the "Dino Damage" features are far superior to past JP offerings as the removable skin pieces are far thinner than the thick ugly "plugs" in the past resulting in shallower, more realistic looking damage.

The figures are what most of you are interested in, so here they are:

The figure on the left is "Gunner Gordon" and the one on the right is "Ash Skullstriker" and they are made entirely from recycled Joe parts and accessories. "Gordon" is made from Burn Out's head and a Resolute Cobra Trooper body/vest and his accessories are from Rock N Roll. "Skullstriker" is made from a Gung Ho body/vest and a head I cannot identify yet (people are saying it's Mercer's, but the Mercer has earrings), his accessories are mostly from an old Comic Pack Stormshadow (sound enhancing bow), Resolute Stormshadow (backpack and swords) and Spy Troops Shipwreck (pistol)- the packaging (both the photo on the back of the box and the paintings on the sides) show him with a neckwrap recycled from a "Star Wars" Sandstorm Han Solo but this accessory is not included in the package.

These figures look identical to the leaked ebay samples with 1 exception that I can see- "Skullstriker"'s tattoo on the mass retail release is different- the leaked ones had crossed arrows behind the dino skull while the mass retail version has both arrows running diagonally next to the left side of the dino skull.

Both of these sets shuld be available at your local Toys R us now for $29.99 each.

If anyone wants the accessories to complete their incomplete ebay samples, let me know as I do not want them and will be putting them in my Swap Shop.

Visit me on Facebook!

Spookymufu

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
She's cute!

Nice, good of you to liberate her from said shelter.

thanks, she's pretty sweet

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
I had to get this on the front page. Very cool. I could see these being customized for SW or JOE verse. Anyone else see a Mando riding on that Allosaurus? Nice scoop there Dan. Thanks for letting us know.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
Spooky that is one cool new family addition too. She is cute.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
Cool bit of info on those, dinos and figs, Dan. I had heard about joes and jp figures having some kind of connection but this post has shed much light on the subject. Most interesting. I could see a coupon being  used here if It were to save enough.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
Yep sculpts of the JP dinos were done in 2009, many were hoping they were finally released. I thought about picking them up... well... not so much with job now. Anywho... Speculation on JPLegacy says there may be revamped line for JP4 and I mean good ol' days peg to peg walls. I can only hope so, because I would love a joe articulated Dr. Grant.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 08:44:34 PM »
My wife bought me another Schleich fantasy line playset today, the Summer Elf Home. Out of the box, it's a bit girly with alot of flower decorations that go all around the 2 platforms and a swing on the second level, but I will be ditching all of those parts and replacing them with many items like skull shields and other spikey items making an awesome Orc Outpost out of it!

Visit me on Facebook!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 03:55:11 AM »
My daughter was looking at the Schleich fantasy stuff at toysrus earlier this week.

You could always have that orc army attack the summer elf home. ;D

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
I just snagged a bunch of Bronze age (1972-around 1984) Marvel comics, some are replacing a bunch I have but are in bad shape.  All are in pretty good shape and I got them for around $.20 a piece after shipping. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.