Imperial Review > Marvel Universe

2011 Wave 3 Reviewed!

<< < (2/3) > >>

zedhatch:
I could tell from the press pics there was no change to doom other than color.  Absorbing man is getting a repaint too with a variant (apparently fully "absorbed" which I might try for, but the regular is an easy pass).   When I see stuff like that I wonder why they did the comic pack at all. 

RebelAce:
Yes I bought the single carded dr. doom despite it being just a repaint of the comic pack.  But I kind of got him on impulse because I managed to find him, the Fantastic Four box set and the Human Torch flame on variant all on the same shelf.  So I completed my whole Fantastic Four team + villain all in one stop. 

Tamer:
I know one thing, that Skaar from this wave just looked awesome to me and wow could it be used for so many customs cross-overs.

BTW, if anyone needs an Apocalypse or Cyclops (you can see his hair on top) I don't mind picking them up for the yarders. I was lucky enough to see all of this new wave at my awful walmart so that gives me hope for the SW figs.

zedhatch:

--- Quote from: Tamer on August 25, 2011, 02:52:37 AM ---I know one thing, that Skaar from this wave just looked awesome to me and wow could it be used for so many customs cross-overs.

--- End quote ---

It looks to me that the Skaar is a recycled Juggernaught bod with some extras, so if you just need the body it's been done a couple of times now.

I have been seriously thinking of making an Ulik from that mold cause I just don't think Hasbro is going to do one, I had hopes in the Thor line, but nope-Epic Fail. 

Phatty:
I think a Skaar/Juggernaut base would be great for an Ulik!  I'd be most interested to see how it turns out, Zed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version