Author Topic: SILLOF - New pulp sci fi line SERIAL WARS and a brief recap of my older work  (Read 5743 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
I've seen your work before, you're awesome. Welcome to the Yards!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Welcome to The Yards, Sillof!  I have been a fan of yours for sometime.  I love how all the different takes on classic characters gives us something fresh, as well as retaining recognizable elements.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
More of the same from me.  I've enjoyed browsing through your work in the past.  Nice to see you join here.  Really cool stuff.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
ohhhhhh man all your customs are phenomenal even that is a short word for all this ,Welcome to the yards  DH DH

Offline sillof

• Cadet
    • SILLOF'S WORKSHOP
Thanks everyone.

To answer you question Luke.  I have been actively customizing since 1995.  I used to make all manner of unproduced figures.  At one point I had made every single person in the the cantina and jabba's palace.  Over the years they were slowly replaced by the Hasbro figures that were released and I found that a little annoying so I switched to the 6" scale and began to do figures I thought Hasbro would never make, the McQuarrie figures I did in 2000...I was wrong again.  I generally like my versions of things because of that reason.

That being said.  I did do some commissions earlier this year for the actor and Force Unleased star Sam Witwer in the 3.75 scale.  The job got my small scale juices pumping and I am in the process of doing some more traditional star wars figures in the 3.75 scale.

Offline sillof

• Cadet
    • SILLOF'S WORKSHOP
Oh and Darth Daddy - glad you like them.  And yes someone bought the WWII Luke and Han as well as 3 others from me.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Cool and thanks for the info. I had read your thoughts on the subject from your site but wanted to see what your thoughts were today. I can't wait to see more from you and funny, I too have been working on creating all of the Cantina characters and Jabba's palace denziens.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Hey Sillof!

Nice to see you here on the yards.
I've been a fan of your work for years, probably at least since 1999 or whenever you started posting your work online.
I've been customizing since the 90's and I shared your sentiments about 3.75" (you'd make them and then Hasbro would do them! ugg!) which sent me to 1/6 scale and models for most of the 00's... ISY has slowly brought the brush glue and styrene out again over the last few years ;)

I think the SERIAL WARS figures are your best to date, hands down.  The style and execution are really top notch.  No question my favorites you've done.

I wanted to ask, which of your works do you think is your best, or your favorites? you've done so many over the years, and I've always wondered which ones you liked the best of your own work.

cheers !!

Offline sillof

• Cadet
    • SILLOF'S WORKSHOP
Ironically each line I finish is my favorite. 

I do think Serial Wars is my strongest line in every way - style, execution, vision.  Each character really works. Usually there is a character or 2 that is a stretch or is not a strong as the others.  I don't think it has a weak character.

My favorite lines would be
Serial Wars, the Medieval line, the Samurai line, and the steampunk.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
I have been a fan for some time and was first turned on to your steam punk line which is still my favorite.
  The serial line is new to me but your execution of the theme is perfect. It sure reminds me of the one or two serial sci fi shows that I still remember seeing episodes of.

Welcome to the shipyards!

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
You're one of the best Sillof! Can't decide if West Wars or Noir Wars is my current favorite, love all the different interpretations you've done with Artoo and Threepio.

Offline Triple-T

• Ensign
What customizers dreams are made of, pure art.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
AH!  Great to see you here man!  I've been a fan of your work for ages and Im glad you've finally got to posting some of it here.  The gif-image you have as your avatar is perfect! MAN it makes me jealous! 

The first project I have in my mind to work on when I get home is to do almost every crossover you've done of boba fett in my own 1/18th scale style.  I have always been inspired by your crossover works and still am. 

I wish I had time to look through everything you've posted and really comment like I want to... but alas, the middle of nowhere wyoming is no place for the internet.... :/