Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com YEAR TWO  (Read 46819 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/25/11
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »
Great update, as I love to see the WIP pics! The mando shorty is great! He looks kind of funny but then as you look closer he is a tough little dude! great parts selection and can't wait to see him finished up. Just had an idea, if you want to change that top knot I could send you an Ugha warrior pony tale if you like that look.

Tank is just awesome! I love the idea and it just looks crazy cool! All the weaponry works really well and I am jonesing to see that thig seperate into a flying contraption.

Blade at your blog is going to be awesome as well I like the design of the figure. Now you just need some free time to finish him up.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:27:13 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:28:20 AM »
Wow, those look AWESOME! Tank espicially.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 07:10:57 PM »
Great update, as I love to see the WIP pics! The mando shorty is great! He looks kind of funny but then as you look closer he is a tough little dude! great parts selection and can't wait to see him finished up. Just had an idea, if you want to change that top knot I could send you an Ugha warrior pony tale if you like that look.

Tank is just awesome! I love the idea and it just looks crazy cool! All the weaponry works really well and I am jonesing to see that thig seperate into a flying contraption.

Blade at your blog is going to be awesome as well I like the design of the figure. Now you just need some free time to finish him up.

Can you show me a picture?  I'm definitely open to a hair change. 

I had to ditch the missiles on Tank because they belonged to two vehicles that I was customizing.  At first, I didn't realize that they weren't available for use, so now I have to get substitutes.  The two outer guns are removable and can be held by the torso.

I did get to the sculpting on Blade today.  Hopefully I can get some pictures taken and posted before the hurricane hits.  If we lose power it may be a while before we do a post. lol

I even started a completely new gladiator that I really like a lot.  Hopefully I will be able to post that too.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
Wow, those look AWESOME! Tank espicially.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/28/11
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »
Kitonak Gladiator
created by Darth Daddy

There is a video in the blog post showcasing more progress on the Geonosian gladiator action figures that I am working on. I took some pictures that show how Tank separates into two different vehicles, one being airborne. I also did the sculpting work on Blade, and took a few pictures of the progress. I included a lot more finished photos of the Kitonak Gladiator that I finished today so you all will get something new that you haven't seen thrown into the video too.

To watch go to:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/gladiators-part-ii.html

I also added some more still shots of Tank to the first Gladiator post here:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/gladiators.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:19:40 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
Thats cooleo!

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
awesome job man!!

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
 :o Englehest unleashed! Cool! ;D

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
Wow, what a great update. That video is on our front page Brian. Nice work.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:36 PM »
Brian this is a great update! Love this gladiator theme you are creating! Funny thing is when we were on skype I  got this figure from good ol' Tamer and just getting chance to open it. Funny!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
Wow!! these are all great. I really like Blade. Did you use the new Even or the older one?

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
Brian this is a great update! Love this gladiator theme you are creating! Funny thing is when we were on skype I  got this figure from good ol' Tamer and just getting chance to open it. Funny!

That's funny.  When Shawn told me he found the Skaar figure I was going to tell him to grab it for me, but I found it the same day in a Toys R Us.  I made sure I threw in the pics of Tank airborne for you.  Glad you liked the update.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »
Wow!! these are all great. I really like Blade. Did you use the new Even or the older one?

I used the old Even.  I haven't got the new one in the mail yet or the shipment notification, but I'm looking forward to checking him out when he arrives.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/31/11
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08:09 AM »
KITONAK GLADIATOR: STILL PHOTOS & BACKSTORY

Kitonak Gladiator
created by Darth Daddy

I used a Marvel Skaar action figure for the body and a Droopy McCool head and hands to complete this action figure.

I liked the tattoos on the original figure so I incorporated the design into the figure.

A tribute figure to Dan of the Dead's "Fez Xik" action figure. If it weren't for Dan's "Princess Bride" themed action figure, I would have never thought to create a Kitonak of such size.

BACKSTORY

The two gladiators a week before their battle.

These two gladiators fought together as a team in many battles and were always victorious. It was said that watching them work together to defeat their opponents was like seeing a ballet. They acted with such precision that they easily took apart even the biggest of threats. With a lack of worthy opponents, it was only a matter of time before they would have to meet each other face to face in battle. Surprisingly, when the Kitonak gladiator defeated his Gamorrean friend, the crowd actually granted the Gamorrean mercy for the showing that the two had put on that day. Their meeting in the arena was so sensational that the story was passed down in Geonosian history for generations to come. It would be the only time these two would face each other in fact. They fought together as a team for years after the memorable event took place, but just around the time when the crowd was getting hungry for a rematch, the two both disappeared overnight. It's said outside of Geonosis... that on that night, the two defeated their most challenging opponent ever...the life of being slave, and with their escape... together, they won, their freedom. Searches were made, but they were never found, making one wonder if they ever escaped at all.