Author Topic: HobbyTown USA Triple S Demo!  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
HobbyTown USA Triple S Demo!
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
Screaming Saumrai Studio will  be doing a painting demonstration at the local HobbyTown USA on August 13th from Noon to 3PM. I am hoping he gives us some pics and more details, but here is his quote on the event:

"I'll have a few more pics of what I've been working on soon, but the other big announcement I have is for August 13th. I was pleased to discover another Shipyarder in San Antonio, so I figured I should go ahead and mention the Demo that I get to host on that day at our local HobbyTown.
  I will be sitting around from 12:00 - 3:00 that afternoon to work on some models and show you how to work a simple subtractive wash..and a whole lot of general goofing around that will all be Star Wars inspired but the same techniques apply to all genres.
   ANYway..blah blah blah..I know..

Peace out!"

I hope he takes some pics too!

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
Re: HobbyTown USA Triple S Demo!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
First off, I have to thank Tamer for this thread.
   Second, I also want to apologize for not updating this sooner.
 Due to the lack of interest I have cancelled the Jedi Starfighter group build workshop, INSTEAD I'm just going to show up with a few models in various stages of completion.
Saturday, August 13th , I will be hosting a workshop on weathering and subtractive washes that will be totally free to anyone who just wants to come and hang out from 12 - 3 in the afternoon.
  On the bench for that day will be
 A Fine Molds Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter with Hyper-Space Ring
A Fine Molds Slave-One..Perfect for a table top diorama of Boba Fett leaving with a Frozen Han Solo.
A Lost in Space Classic B9 Robot..
  And maybe a few other project I manage to scrounge up between today and tomorrow.
  I'll be sure to squeeze a video or two

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
Lack of interest! Daggone, wish I lived closer. This sounds pretty cool to me.

I can't wait to see the vids, we will get those on the front page for sure! And any pics in here too.

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
Just a small wrap up..
  I didn't get to do a video, but what I did get to do was my first lecture to what turned out to be a full classroom.

I had a ton of models to show off, but no real time to actually sit and do an entire piece, but there was time to demonstrate a few wash techniques that I use. There will be a repeat performance though.

Since the end of May, I've been working on organizing the model contest for Hobbytown on August 27th.

This year's big push will be trying to flood the contest with Sci-Fi models and become the legitimate alternative from IPMS.
  I'm not complaining, but our local IPMS club simply doesn't know what to do with the sci-fi section. Hopefully, I can get enough guys out to prove that it's not a niche genre.

Anyway, as soon as I'm done with this contest, I may actually be able to get back to some of my own models...

OH YEAH...
   During the contest, I will be doing another paint and weathering demo. This time I will show you how to weather and add lighting effects to AMT's cutaway Millenium Falcon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 03:14:19 AM »
Sounds great to me. I knew you would probably have a good turn out. I would love to see some pics of the event. I am envious of the folks that get to see you talk about what you do. I would love to share your tips and techniques with the rest of the world.