Imperial Review > Star Wars Model Kits

NEW STUDIO SCALE SUPER DETAILED X-WING

(1/2) > >>

Viper Aviator:
Hello Everyone,

Some great news for the world of modelers, Roback/Rodmart85 are currently working on a new studio scale X-Wing, judging from the pictures, the model appears to be around 1/24 scale and the castings are crisp and bubble free, something very, very rare for a resin kit. A lot of time and research has gone into producing this kit. You can read the thread and check out the pictures here,

http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=12148

No pricing has been released for this kit as of yet, but IMO I would gladly pay a premium over the cost of a Salzo v.3 Studio Scale X-Wing for this kit, because of the attention to detail and the quality materials involved.

wraithnine:
that looks stunning!

Luke Sprywalker:
Oh my I am in love with that sweet thang!

ScreamingSamuraiStudio:
Is that all one piece?
    Or is that a couple of sub-assemblies glued together for display?
  Any info on what the total weight of this kit will be?

Viper Aviator:

--- Quote from: ScreamingSamuraiStudio on August 04, 2011, 02:40:58 PM ---Is that all one piece?
    Or is that a couple of sub-assemblies glued together for display?
  Any info on what the total weight of this kit will be?

--- End quote ---

Those are sub-assemblies put together for display, the link I provided in the first post has a lot more pictures of each part that they have molded so far. As for the weight, my completed Salzo Studio Scale X-Wing weighs in at about 5 to 7 lbs. as for this kit, the weight could be more or less depending on the quality of resin, whether the parts are hollow or solid, and the thickness of the parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version