Author Topic: Upgraded Hasbro 1:6 Han Solo and Luke X-Wing pilot  (Read 120203 times)

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Upgraded Hasbro 1:6 Han Solo and Luke X-Wing pilot
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:09:04 AM »
 Hello Folks

The following figs are WIPs. They represent characters that I'm running in my Star Wars RPG. They're the first custom figures I've ever attempted. Both characters are almost complete - I just need to finish work on their heads. I've tried to maintain a 'toy' feel with everyting and tried to keep as many original details as possible (inc the ship.)

Below is the intro that I wrote for my wife's character Ulic Brightcloud...

STAR WARS

The Destiny Of Ulic Brightcloud – Episode I
                                                                                                “The curtain rises”

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . .

It is a period of unease. Recent excesses by the Galactic Empire’s military forces have caused wide spread revulsion and dissent from members of the Senate. Several high profile military officers and politicians have defected to the rebellion.

Rumours persist of Imperial secret weapons built to crush the fledgling Rebel alliance yet the spectre of rebellion is yet to step from the shadows and life goes on as normal for most galactic citizens.

Some 17 years have passed since the end of the Clone Wars, the formation of the Empire and the destruction of the Jedi Knights. Coruscant (once the jewel in the crown of the Republic) has been renamed Imperial Center and is the seat of Emperor Palpatine. No longer the home of democracy it is now the throne world of the Empire.

Not all has changed on this opulent world, the rich still inhabit the upper levels and stratosphere scraping towers, whilst the poorer citizens occupy the lower levels. Many alien species have been forced into these areas due to the anti-alien views of the Empire. The hustle and bustle of commerce thrives down here, where a wrong turn could prove to be your last…

To the south of Collective Commerce (CoCo) Town a small herbalist shop turns a modest profit. The store is run by an old Ithorian, Kimbloar Nadowen. Nadowen has owned the store for some 30 years, shuffling about the dusty confines on his two aging cybernetic legs. Good natured and kind the Ithorian has few friends, but many repeat customers who seek his healing and herbalist knowledge to cure their ailments. Many of his customers cannot pay the price of more standard chemists and rely on the old alien to help them.

Nadowen in turn relies on his young helper, a human teenager by the name Ulic Brightcloud. Ulic was left of the door of the old Ithorian’s shop 16 years ago. Abandoned in his swaddling clothes and helpless the new born child was brought in and raised by the kindly alien.

The circumstances of the child’s abandonment are not unusual – during the Clone Wars and during the first few years of the Empire, many children were orphaned or handed to the authorities by parents who could not cope. Ulic was indeed lucky that he didn’t end up in an Imperial Work House.

Today is the 16th anniversary of Ulic’s ‘finding’ by the old alien – and when the youngster gets home from his chores Nadowen plans to give the boy a few gifts that he has managed to hide away over the last few months.  But work comes first and Ulic is out at the Import Bays collecting a consignment of spices from the Deep Space traders.

Over the last 16 years Ulic has grown to be a clever, kind and sensitive boy, advanced in years for his age. He is gifted with computers and greatly skilled in flying the old Airspeeder that belongs to the store.  He is also extremely streetwise for his age.  Slight of frame and topped off with a mop of dirty blond hair Ulic is as charming as he is cunning. His prize possession is a small hi tech (and illegal) slicing kit that he spent an entire year of thriftily-saved allowance on.

Ulic has few friends his own age and spends his spare time tinkering with the old airspeeder and the shop’s R5 Droid. Like all youths he dreams of travel and adventure, but he is equally aware of the “Old One” Nadowen and his parental concerns for his adopted charge.

The figure of Ulic is on the right.  I still have to work on the head, painting the Jacen one blonde. I also have to drill a small hole in the pouch to mount his (eventual) lightsaber.

The figure is a Jacen Solo (which is in turn kit bashed from a Luke Bespin) I've added the armour from a Comic Pack Palpatine clone (with the collar cut down) I've also added a clone wars Holster, vintage Cloud Car pilot comlink, electronic binos.

Also shown is "Honker" which is a repainted vintage R5D4 (my own from when I was a kid) He was yellowed and bashed to hell.  I'ver repainted and inkwashed the figure and added a custom green sticker. I'll be adding a vintage droid factory "third leg" to him in the future...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:19:50 AM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Re: Wookie-Balls n00b custom figures (WIPs)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:26:35 AM »
The character on the left is Teeshan Randa. An ex-soldier, gun for hire and 1st mate on the Solar Eclipse. This character will be played by my best mate!

Teeshan still requires a salt and pepper hair repaint and a bionic right eye.

The figure is built from a Bespin luke, with the following Clonehead custom resin parts : clone backpack, 2 x ammo pouches, Fett leg armour, Kota chest armour, holster, blaster rifle and random rear pouches.

I've added Captain Rex hands, a Zev snowspeeder pilot head and chopped belt & a Rex pistol in the resin holster.

Also pictured is "Raptor One"  an adapted Imperial Shuttle Pod with increased weapon capabilities. The ISP-6 toy was pretty knackered when I got hold of it. It has been resprayed to cover the yellowing, firing cut down proton torpedos added and repro stickers. Still needs some more paint apps...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
That's some good-looking customs!  I like the Zev head - never picked one of him up -really not sure I ever actually saw him.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »
Wow, those turned out nicely! I love the mix of parts.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
NICE JOB!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
Looks good!  Welcome to The Yards!

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
Nice work!

Teeshan Randa looks like Senator John Kerry!!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »
I really like these characters!  They look gritty and real, something that I know appeals to many of us as fans of the OT. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your final updates on these guys, especially that bionic eye!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the kind words - they're my first attempt and will look better once I've finished the heads  ;D

Doc Outlands- the Zev figure only came with the Rogue Two Snowspeeder I believe...and GWest he does look a lot like JK!!!

Thanks again for all your feedback - you certainly know how to make a newbie feel welcome!!

I'll post more as I go on... I need to find a nice articulated body for my Chiss freighter Captain, "Redo Niman"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:47:40 AM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
wooooooooooooooooooa radical man excelent customs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
I agree with Clonehead, a really great mix of parts, and a couple of really superb customs!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »
Well I'm not able to get to a hobby shop until tomorrow - so no head painting for me yet...

However I have sorted out the recipe for my  Chiss freighter captain - Redo Nimain.

1. Talon Karrde legs, holster and torso
2. Indiana Jones leather jacket and arms
3. Bespin Luke hands 
4. Thrawn head with added com-headset
5. Painted repro vintage Palace Blaster

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
I haven't check in here yet and wanted to welcome you to the Yards.

That, and I think your customs are just outstanding.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
Cool stuff!  Welcome to the Yards.

Offline Trandoshanslaver1138

• let the "experts" handle this.
  • Lieutenant
  • a sceduled break
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
you did an amazing job on these! welcome to the yards!
...Jareth Sartoris never found out what ICO Austin had seen back there.