Author Topic: SSC 12" Boba Fett  (Read 16747 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: SSC 12" Boba Fett
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
Dear Shawn Groves,

Your pre-order of the Boba Fett - 1:6 Scale - Exclusive (21281) will be arriving into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 17 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please verify that both your shipping address and payment information (above) are correct on your order by Friday, June 29, 2012.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
I just got notification that by Boba has shipped and will arrive around July 12th. I can't wait to see this!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
Mine too, can't wait!  Been looking forward to this one for a long time!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
Mine too, can't wait!  Been looking forward to this one for a long time!

At $200 with shipping that was a bit of an ouchy, but do agree it looks like it is gonna be nice.

Are you gonna whip up an image guide or one of your snazzy videos?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
Well I waited over a year for my Sideshow Fett only to have it show up with major packing damage. Not sure what to do with it now other than send it back for a replacement or let the loose opener faction here win. I was leaning towards opening it anyway, but for a $200 item shipped through UPS I expected better packing and better package treatment. Not sure where I stand with Sideshow after this, probably just down in the dumps a bit now, and the Boba seems awesome what part of it isn't crushed.

I will of course let you know if I open it! I wonder if Pat goes his?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 04:16:46 PM »
Shawn, that sucks!  Got mine, and it was pristine.  May crack it open tonight and get some photos snapped of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »
Shawn, that sucks!  Got mine, and it was pristine.  May crack it open tonight and get some photos snapped of it!

Ah the joys of living the rural life. It does look great. Wish I could just trade you!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »
Well, since my wife accepted my Boba from UPS, she decided to handle the return. So far she has sent two emails, left three messages, and finally she got someone on the phone today only to be told they will have to call her back in two days to see if they have any more. Uh, is it the hate the Tamer week at Sideshow? Color me unimpressed with their customer service so far. :-[

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
Well the saga continues, I do have a contact with Sideshow working with me now thank goodness, but their returns department sure isn't what I expected. Today UPS showed back up to take the damaged one, but Sideshow never let me know if they had another PF or not. That last I heard from them was that it would take two or three days so they could check their stock and that message was yesterday? So, my fingers are crossed this works out cause I really do like the looks of their items. Kinda hope I never have to return another one though.

UPDATE: I just got this message in from the Customer Returns Department:

"Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided of your Boba Fett box.  Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item.  We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you."

Uh, where the heck is the famed customer service they are supposedly known for? I am about ready to cut my losses and forswear their products I really am. Geesh.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:45:17 PM by Tamer »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
So then my post isn't going to help...

Opened mine today and took pics for a forthcoming review guide, and I was blown away far more than I realized.  Apparently, I didn't really pay attention when I ordered him, but he came with not one, but TWO base stands!  The first is the simple, round base with Boba's insignia.  The other is a light-up base from the Carbon Freeze chamber in TESB, and is spectacular!  Very happy with him, can't wait to start working on the image guide.

That said, I'm very surprised that you're having the issues that you're having, as it is definitely not typical from anything I've ever read.  I'm not surprised that the item is sold out, but it definitely sucks that they don't have any more.  So you already sent yours back?  Are you going to request a refund then?  Maybe troll the E-tailers and see if you can find one that way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 03:35:53 AM »
Well after stewing for about a half hour after I wrote this post last night I decided to see if I could go straight to the top of customer service. I hated to pull strings, but at this point I was out of options. Anyhow, I got the head of their returns department on the phone and he assured me this was not how they do business and that when he emailed and said they didn't have anymore he was just talking about the box. His email said this item, not the daggone box. Anyhow, he said that it might take a day or so, but he would just replace the entire thing. So, as of this time and date, I supposedly have a new one coming. I won't believe anything till it shows back up. I am glad to hear about those two bases as to be honest I think I like the carbon freeze chamber one better.  I am sure my experience with this is just atypical and hopefully from here on out it will be smooth sailing.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
As boba being my favorite character in my opinion this makes him look so awesome!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »
I got an email yesterday saying a new one was being shipped. I am anxious to get it back in hand.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 05:15:21 AM »
So what do you do with the one in hand?
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer