Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 52089 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 05:39:28 AM »
Hope your crew gets to feeling better Doc.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:29 AM »
hear, hear..... ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 06:55:39 AM »
I should have another hour or so before the minions start getting up.....

First minion appeared at 0845 - 1.5 hrs after the above comment.   ;D
Am I good or what?  8)

Wait...don't answer that!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 06:58:29 AM »
More predictable than my cat, that's for sure.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2009, 09:25:15 PM »
One of the minions dropped by entirely too early this morning to visit.  She ended up crashing from exhaustion, curled up against Rebe.  Why, whatever makes you think it was the one with the Spewkworm case??  I mean, you'd be right, but still!  Well, I decided it wasn't worth it and hauled myself out of bed.  I mean, I had projects waiting on AP-1, after all. 

I wanted to remove the markings from the four troopers I had lined up, so in the pre-shift solitude I found, I started to work with 91% rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.  Holy Crow, but that took forever!  I ended up working the spot with the flat of my xacto blade.  Finally, real progress!  It still took far too long and ended up looking like, well, poodoo.  Eopie poodoo, at that.  I pulled out a bottle of Brilliant White acryl and applied it.  It didn't show much promise.  I resolved to simply paint over those spots on the other three figures to hide the existing brown and roughed in an approximation of the original markings on the first fig with one of the colors from the camo pattern.  All in all, I've gotten three figs repainted and three cloaks finished.  The fourth cloak is 75% complete and I'll likely knock it out tonight.  I'll be taking WIP holo's of them soon, too.

Spent a lot of time reading the "Yards' boards, swapping ideas and plans with some of the other denizens there.  I think we're about to see some awesome projects get started in the very near future.  I laid out a number of thoughts, both partial and nearly complete, that Manufacturing here on the 'Station is going to get involved in and got some positive feedback.  We're starting to see more discussion over manufacturing processes amongst the 'Yards members and I'm beginning to think maybe some major concerns are hiding behind inoccuous-sounding 'net-names.  I do know I managed to entice Jules from HangerBay 94 over to the 'Yards and I think ReverendStrone will be there before much longer with his astromechs.

Me and Rebe made a resupply run in the smaller shuttle.  I think she's getting excited about the projects that are starting to pop.  It's good to have a cheerleader.

Manufacturing hasn't used up the last of the molding supplies, but they are mighty close.  They've kicked a requisition for resupply through Accounting.  None of the bean-counters balked or squawked, so I'm waiting to see it on my desk for official sanction.  I'll need to see what sort of credit the 'Station has available and see what sort of quantities Manufacturing is after.

A courier ship delivered another 17 new residents to the station, but they were nowhere near as unsavory as the last lot.  In fact, a couple of new security personnel were in the mix.  They are all awaiting inprocessing.

I didn't really accomplish a whole lot physically today, but a lot of mental work got moved, for sure.  Now, I just have to translate that into the physical.  It'll come.  I have faith.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
Lets see those snipers, doc. I assume that is what you were working on.

whats up for tomorrow, buddy?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »
Finish cloak #4, work on repainting the details on the sniper, cast a flawless visor, mount it on the spotter's helmet, repaint the droid backpack.

Breakfast.

Order another load of HS3, pour up a mold of two heads and a helmet, build an atat-shaped holoprojector with wind-up walking action...

;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2009, 10:26:20 PM »
I like that last one. heck, I like em all.

I got my parts list up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »
my favorite is the one with the vizor. Well maybe. I am about hooked on another.  Love reading and figuring out the meaning in this thread. I can acutally figure out most of it!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
I may have found a pic of Outlands Station!!  With stats!!  Now, if only I had deckplans...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/Mesop1

It can dock three Corellian Corvettes in its hangers and dock two more capital ships at its "poles."  Crew is 1500 and passenger cap is 10,000.  Writeup says there's not much in the way of permanent occupants on the station, tho, as they are intended to be nodes, not locales.  I'll see what I can come up with.  I'm good at that.

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm on the "getting well" side of this sinus infection.  I may have a line on "flat" terrain for us, we'll see in the next few weeks.  One of our hens hatched out a bunch of baby chicks yesterday - we think 8 or 9.  Gotta get back to work on my sniper team so I can finish them for the Yakfinities competition.  Family is starting to want to play D&D again in the near future, so I'll be working on stuff for that once I finish off the Team.  Found a nice adventure-arc for SWRPG, so we may end up playing that at some point, too.

Ah, well - that's recent events in capsule form.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Doc. I've been wondering about you the last couple of days.
  Your family plays D&D? Man, I havent played that in years.  I used to DM a Marvel super heroes version with my friends in high school. It was cool and the figurines were fun to paint.

I went back to work, today.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »
I was sorry to read that you and yours were down with the sinuses, as my gal calls it.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »
Oh, and sometime in there about a week ago, we were moving the temporary/portable goat pen (only got 2 young goats, so we use 8 cattle panels for brush clearing) and managed to hit myself in the head with the T-post driver.  I *still* have a lump.  It *still* hurts.

I *still* haven't finished the snipers.  I have 2 days.  Brendan's bounty-hunter team is done save for a single datapad.  I just dug thru three boxes of greeblies and turned up NO datapad.  Back out to the shop in the morning!!  We've got to find that lil datapad for his slicer character...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
I've got one you could use but you would never get it in time.

Pics buddy, need pics.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2009, 08:39:39 PM »
Pics tomorrow once I find that dang datapad!  LOL  This is killin me - it *should* be easy to find, as one of my customs (a not-quite-finished Captain Peet Bartan) was holding it back before the move...  I also have a nice Imperial Customs officer, again almost finished, that matches up with the Bartan figure.  Once I finish the paints on them and make a Fixer to go with them, well... I'll have something.  ;D

ETA: all else fails, the local WalMart has a couple of Dofine fig's on the pegs still - at full price - so I could go pick one up tomorrow.  As a last-ditch effort.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:41:58 PM by DocOutlands »