Author Topic: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office  (Read 53245 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Boryla Sector, Outlands Station - Admin Office
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
Sure, once I build it.  Right now, all I did was cut out the deck pieces and lay them on a Coke crate for stability. (that's the gray grid you see in the pics)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
Doc, Doc, I just posted pics of my first clear resin cast parts! yippee!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2010, 07:02:57 PM »
Oh wow, it looks like it is a bit above the crate. Pics can trick ya! Sounds good man it looks cool so far.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »
that's awesome!  We need more pics of it!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »
HA!!  I've got a couple of ideas for it, if things work out right...

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2010, 08:41:23 AM »
Engineering picked up some new pieces yesterday, so I thought I should share them.  Being duly impressed with the gee-bee's over at Nal's Workshop thanks to their generator unit, the lads went and ordered up a couple of pillars, the Power Node and the Med Lab Interior Main Pillar.  They also ordered in a set of floor hatches, but Engineering hasn't gotten those ready after unloading them.

So far, Maintenance has only basecoated the two pillars, however they anticipate completing primary painting sometime over the weekend.  Engineering is pleased and is strongly considering ordering more pillars.  Some of the gear-heads from Production have been looking over the pillars and are considering making a local variant of the power node, as well.

On a related note, Production received five new molds for installation on the assembly lines.  Three are directly applicable to station operations, while two are geared more toward dirtside structures.  Additionally, things are on track for Production to begin fabrication of cargo pods.  They report one last hurdle in that the material being used to fab the walls has a tendency to foam up out of the open-topped mold.  Process engineers are researching the problem and believe they will have the issue resolved soon.  Pending the success of that venture, Manufacturing has acquired another cargo pod they are evaluating for possible introduction.  'Station Legal staffers have suggested that production of that unit will violate galactic copyright standards if the containers are sold, so Production is looking at small-scale efforts to supply our domestic consumption.  Legal has confirmed the smaller KOPods can in fact be easily licensed and sold, however.

Station Security is investigating a possible breach of security concerning the station's detailed deckplans.  It appears someone may have made unauthorized copies of the complete station plans and uploaded them to the holonet, labeled as a "gaming supplement."  I've been promised an answer sometime in the next week or two.

Finally, FTM Engineering sold the 'Station a set of modular landing-grid components.  The 'grid can be assembled in two sizes to handle a wide variety of air-speeders.  Keke is quite taken with FTM's offerings, having completed one of the company's construction engineering tutorials.  We've opened negociations with FTM concerning the production of more local-specific designs and at the moment have received cordially friendly consideration of our suggestions.  I hope to have some of the gear-heads from Engineering and Manufacturing visit with FTM's design engineers in the near future.  We'll also be evaluating the rather extensive range of offerings they provide.

Time to run - Processing is installing some piping runs that need to be inspected.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2010, 02:22:57 PM »
Production is eagerly anticipating the arrival of a girder mold.  Here's what should be arriving any day via courier...

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/Klingbeil/Girder%20Mold/?albumview=slideshow

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2010, 04:03:54 PM »
Doc, this stuff is looking really cool.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »
And the mold arrived by scheduled courier this afternoon!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »
Oh man, this looks cool. I want to see these with figures beside them after casting.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much the same thing I was told by the guy I got it from.  ;D  I'm hoping my work schedule lets me get some castings done this week so I can start throwing some girders up for pics.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
First girder attempt w/ a little forced perspective tossed in... not a custom, but showing off these molds I've bought!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2010, 07:52:56 PM »
Looks good to me, Doc. Let the building begin.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
Looking good Doc. It will really be cool when you have more to work with. I can see some these added to several structures/dioramas. Nice forced perspective. ;)

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2010, 09:15:15 PM »
Klingbeil from HirstArts boards gave me a photo tip for creating the illusion of more distance.  Hoere's how it turned out:

Klingbeil's girder posed with an as-yet-unmodified Mandalorian in the foreground.  The background has a panel from Keebler's cargo pod masquerating as an oversized door beside a WotC miniature.  Several Hirst parts from the Machinery Builder mold add a look of activity and life.