Imperial Review > Star Wars Model Kits

Screaming Samurai Studio: Back to the Basics

(1/3) > >>

ScreamingSamuraiStudio:
Hello to everyone out here in the Shipyards.
  This one isn't a toy, but an actual model kit.
  And a quick review..there really isn't much that you have to do to these to really make them look good. I think they go together extremely well and glue is only required on a couple of stubborn seams. I always choose to repaint them to get rid of the mass produced toy-like appearance of the pre-painted schemes. Once completed, most of these kits look great on the shelf and all of them are great for custom paint jobs.
  Anyway, on to what I did here..

This is the sample for the model workshop I get to host on August 13, 2011 at the San Antonio location of HobbyTown USA. Everyone in attendance gets to work on the same kit, but customization is encouraged. More details later...

Here's a shot of the cockpit. I decided to go with a green interior to simulate some fighters I've seen.

Tamer:
Sweet looking paint job on that model. I look forward to hearing more about that Model Workshop too. Take lots of pics! Your update is on the fp.

ScreamingSamuraiStudio:
Greetings, Y'all
   Looks like I get to hijack this forum and keep all to myself for awhile.
   I've had to take a momentary shift back to models for a bit. It was inevitable since I started working at a hobby shop that boasts the largest selection of science fiction models this side of the San Antonio River....

Ahem..excuse me, I was digressing.

Anyway, another side project has started and I'm in a mad dash to get things done before the deadline of March 1st. That side project is our new zygote that my girlfriend and I confirmed last Friday. So, between work and what's to come later..we'll see how much modeling or painting gets done around here.
  I'll have a few more pics of what I've been working on soon, but the other big announcement I have is for August 13th. I was pleased to discover another Shipyarder in San Antonio, so I figured I should go ahead and mention the Demo that I get to host on that day at our local HobbyTown.
  I will be sitting around from 12:00 - 3:00 that afternoon to work on some models and show you how to work a simple subtractive wash..and a whole lot of general goofing around that will all be Star Wars inspired but the same techniques apply to all genres.
   ANYway..blah blah blah..I know..

Peace out!

Tamer:
Hey Triple S it is good to hear from you and that is just awesome news! Congratulations!

As far as your gig in San Antonio that is just awesome too. If you want to post some info here

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?board=71.0

and create a thread for it and give us some pics I will definitely front page post it and try to spread the word for you. That is just great news too. HobbyTown Demo. Sounds right up our alley.

Luke Sprywalker:
Hey great to see you here! Don't know how I missed the previous post but that is a great looking model/paint work! Congrats on that potential modeler coming down the pipes! Great to hear from you when you get time my friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version