Author Topic: checking in  (Read 3477 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
checking in
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »

new guy checking in...

It's all Clint's fault, really.  I followed the link to the 'Yard in one of his ebay auctions. 

Btw, guys, I can NOT figure out how to reply to PM's!!!  I've tried four times!  Every time I hit "send reply" it pops me right back to the editing message screen.  Yes, Clint, even *with* your second PM with the excellent instructions, I can't reply!!  ::)  SMF - no geniuses allowed.   ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: checking in
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:48:21 PM »
Hey Welcome! Glad you stopped by the Yards. Clint has some great ebay stuff doesn't he!

Now for your messaging problem. You should notice when you bring up  your messages that it brings up a row of four icons for each message (upper right). The first one will say reply with quote which will quote what the person sent you and then allow you to respond. Once you type your reply you just have to hit send message and it will send to that person. The next icon is just reply which will not quote the words from the person who sent you the message, but it works the same way, Just hit send message when you are done. The icon with the x will remove the message and the last little box can let you delete multiple messages.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions. We all started out new to this forum too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »
Hey Micheal! Glad you could make it, buddy!
  Take some time to feel your way through that message system. Alot of people have had that problem in the past.
Tamer's instructions are spot on but for me, it was a trial and error process to figure the PM system out.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »
Hates me, it does.  Of the Dark Side is the PM system.

But that's ok!  Maybe if I feed it enough, it'll like me... or at least tolerate me...

Anyway, Clint asked me what I thought about the 'Yard, and I thought it was an answer I should share.  Heck, when I get great service at a store or restaurant, I hunt down a manager and let them know, too.

I tell ya, you guys have done a bang-up job.  I've been at RebelScum for my customs fix, but kinda dropped off the radar there late last year.  This place feels so much different, it's amazing.  Can't pin it down exactly, tho.  Place feels almost like sitting around a little back-alley coffeeshop shooting the breeze, rather than RS's more ... school cafeteria hustle and bustle, I guess.  Very kool place here.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Hates me, it does.  Of the Dark Side is the PM system.

But that's ok!  Maybe if I feed it enough, it'll like me... or at least tolerate me...

Anyway, Clint asked me what I thought about the 'Yard, and I thought it was an answer I should share.  Heck, when I get great service at a store or restaurant, I hunt down a manager and let them know, too.

I tell ya, you guys have done a bang-up job.  I've been at RebelScum for my customs fix, but kinda dropped off the radar there late last year.  This place feels so much different, it's amazing.  Can't pin it down exactly, tho.  Place feels almost like sitting around a little back-alley coffeeshop shooting the breeze, rather than RS's more ... school cafeteria hustle and bustle, I guess.  Very kool place here.
I gotta say thats the best complement we have had in a while, Doc! And your spot on with your description of the feel of this place. It's kind of warm and comfy in a Star Wars kind of way......................Relax, stretch out your feet, order up a battle pack review and stay awhile.

Nobody's used it in a while but here is a link to a thread where you can formally introduce yourself in.

Glad you made it, buddy. You are going to fit in nicely.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
Hey Welcome! Glad you stopped by the Yards. Clint has some great ebay stuff doesn't he!

No doubt about that!!  And with my birthday coming up in less than 2 weeks, well, a guy has to have presents, right??  Even if he has to buy them for himself??  >:D  Yeah, I sat up WAY too late last night/this morning reading threads here and making lists of those sets of his...listing out what sets I need for which custom-project ideas...

Dang, hate I missed the intro thread, or I'd'a bumped it.  Been a crazy day and I didn't look hard enough, I reckon.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »

No doubt about that!!  And with my birthday coming up in less than 2 weeks, well, a guy has to have presents, right??  Even if he has to buy them for himself??  >:D  Yeah, I sat up WAY too late last night/this morning reading threads here and making lists of those sets of his...listing out what sets I need for which custom-project ideas...

Dang, hate I missed the intro thread, or I'd'a bumped it.  Been a crazy day and I didn't look hard enough, I reckon.
Not a problem, buddy! We used to gently direct new people twards there but I don't like to be pushy "I'm sure you couldn't tell" and now, we have been letting people find it on there own.
  I already heard that you had a birthday coming up. How old of a collector are you, If you don't mind me asking?

And I'm sorry I kept you up so late,LOL. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:26:49 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
Welcome to the site,

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
I appreciate the gentleness!   ;D  I did bump the intro thread, for any new folks who may wander in behind me - I left the door open, just in case!

Yeah, I'll be 39 on the 17th, and I have to fight my kids out of my toybox(es)!!  (Got an ATTE for Christmas, I did!)

Oh, and SCORE!!!  I finally sacrificed enough PMs to Darth Electron and VOILA!  They now get thru!  go, me!

Major forgetfulness... what drives my customizing?  check out my SW fan-fic at
http://outlands.tripod.com/gallery

I plan to illustrate in plastic/resin/etc as many of the characters as possible.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »
Is that stuff yours, michael? I just read a decent bit of it and liked it. That would be a good source of custom projects.

So you got an ATTE for christmas huh? I got an imperial shuttle one year, and got a tie bomber and snowspeeder the year before, as I remember. Heck, I even got an efx lightsaber, one year.
  I turned 40 this Feb, by the way.

So how big of a collection do you and the kids have, anyway? What is the prize of your collection?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:04 PM »
Yessir, that fiction is original to me.  I've got quite a bit in my head that I'd like to do with Fixer and its little part of the SW Universe.  Loads of opportunities for customs.  I've done a Captain Bartan custom already that I need to tidy up/finish off and take a pic of, with more to come.

As far as size and prize - I dunno, really.  The ATTE is by far and away the biggest jewel in the crown so far, followed closely by the two Larties (a "Lucky Lekku" and a "flying rancor" - both with custom gun-turrets).  I love my AT-AP and might break down to buy a Chrisophsis pack for another one and the AAT, to match their mates already on the shelves.  Then there's the homing spider droid...

Let me not forget the old Kenner Mini-Rig collection!  Scads of one- and two-fig vehicles!  I'm absolutely SICK over having dumped a Droids cartoon mini-rig, the "Imperial Side-Gunner."  I'd tried to customize it back then (high school days) by filling in the back of the vertical wing with Squadron green putty.  It failed miserably and apparently I simply threw it away.  I priced one on ebay a week or so ago and like to have PUKED!!  I could have at LEAST kept it for PARTS!!  (sobbing quietly)  The Endor Forest Ranger still in its box, stickers unapplied, doesn't really make up for it.  So sad.

I love fiddly bits with my figures - the more the better.  I've always loved the FX-7 droids...obviously, since I made one the viewpoint character in a pair of stories!  I think I have 6 of the new ones.  Then Hasbro handed me the FX-6.  Unbelievable!!  It was BETTER!!  Then came the Treadwell!  Build-a-droids!!  GAAHHHH!!!  I nabbed a set of "vehicle maintenance energizer" tools off ebay for a buck.  a BUCK!!  More set-dressings!  Then...you remember the four accessory packs from TPM?  Did you know they kicked out four MORE packs?  Most of them had TOOLS??  So I hocked my middle daughter's soul and nabbed them.

Y'know...I still remember - and have - the first SW figs I ever owned.  A Jawa with cloth cape and a stormtrooper - with red-marker battle damage (a customizer from early on!).  I might say those two are the true prize, because my mom got those for me Christmas of '77 and started me on this entire fabulous journey.  That, and the fact that my kids love spending time with me looking at what others have done with their figures and planning and plotting with me what *we* can do with ours.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 03:58:25 AM »
Oh yeah, you are going to fit in, just fine. I think that I have recruited a monster.LOL
  Dude, your writing skills are more than apparent and I will have to delve more deeply into your literary creations, that's for sure. Sounds like you do have quite a collection on your hands. Sorry about the side gunner vehicle. It's neat that you attempted to customize it at a young age, though. At that age, a friend and I were adding camo schemes to gijoe figures.  A fan of Squadron, eh? They have been a sponge of my money for years. Yes, I would have to agree on the FX-6, although, I haven't opened mine, as of yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing your customs, buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:01 AM »
LOL. I should say Doc is gonna fit in quite nicely. Welcome, once again, to the yard. Looks like the pm thing is handled!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 09:24:24 AM »
Glad to have you aboard, Doc.  Your size up of our home here is exactly what we want to put out there, so in my eyes, Mission Accomplished!  Your writings are cracking me up, so keep 'em coming!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 06:41:50 AM »
Welcome Doc..the more the merrier!.......