Author Topic: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)  (Read 34487 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »

Well folks, as it nears the Holiday Season I am reminded that one family's holiday might be a little less bright after Mike's passing this past summer. Thanks to the generosity of the Shipyarders we have four items to put up for bid (pics coming soon) and they are, in no particular order:

1. AFA Graded Mail Away Rocket Firing Boba Fett (Oscar) $40 - Auction closes on November 14th

2. Hallmark Exclusive Bossk Ornament (Wraithnine donation) $15 - Auction closes on November 21st

3. Sprywalker Sith Custom (his entry into the Custom Sith Competition here at the Yards) $25 - Auction closes on November 28th

4. Mail Away Vintage Rocket Firing Boba Fett (compliments of Lucas Clones) $20 - Auction closes on December 5th

I will try to get some pics up shortly, but figured we could get this started with some opening bids. I have put a opening auction price for each item and remember this thread is for bidding only. Remember, this does not include shipping, but I will try to pay for the first $10 myself for winning auctions with the agreement that the rest will be up to the winning bidder.

To bid please list the item being auctioned and your current maximum amount (please make sure it is more than the current price)

Please understand that the winning bidder (please note auction closing date) is expected to paypal the funds once said auction is complete and if the minimum bids are not exceeded then the items will be moved to ebay so we can be sure to get Holly and the kids some funds this Christmas season.

Good luck and thank you for bidding. Feel free to pm me with any questions and I will try to get some good pictures up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:02:50 AM by Tamer »

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »
I'll get it started.
$30 for Spry's Sith.
All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:16 AM »
I'll get it started.
$30 for Spry's Sith.

Hey Thank You! Trust me Spry has this packed and cushioned well and wow does it look good.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
Put me down for $30 for the second  non-AFA Fett!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
Put me down for $30 for the second  non-AFA Fett!

Now thats what I am talking about! $30 it is.

Ok, so far we have high bids of $30 for both

Spry's Covenant Sith by Dirty Gloves

and the regular Vintage Mail Away Fett by Wookie Balls.

I appreciate the bids and it will keep the evil bay from getting a chunk of the proceeds. Once again, don't forget folks, I am covering the first ten dollars of shipping anywhere in the world. I would also like to thank you for spreading the word at the other places you frequent as I have had some queries today because of it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »
Ok, it is time to close the auction on the AFA Graded Mail Away Fett and move that one onto ebay.

We still have three auctions up for grabs with the high bids being $30 on both Spry's Custom Sith and the regular Mail Away Fett.

The Bossk Exclusive Hallmark Ornament is up next before that one moves onto ebay as well.

Thanks to those who have bid.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
Ok, its time for me to finalize a few things.

It looks to me like Dirty Gloves was the winning bidder on the Spry Custom at $30

Our final charity auction for Mike's family for this holiday season is the regular mail away Fett that is now being won by Wookie Balls at $30.

Thanks to both of you for bidding. Dirty Gloves I will be sending a pm to get your address shortly.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Hey Shawn!

If  I've won the Fett auction for Mikes family let me know the total and where to send the funds and I'll get the to you straight away!!

All the best,

Ray

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 07:18:57 AM »
Hey Shawn!

If  I've won the Fett auction for Mikes family let me know the total and where to send the funds and I'll get the to you straight away!!

All the best,

Ray

Yes you have, I will try to find some time in the next few evenings to work on this, I need to get Dirty Gloves' total out to him too. Thanks for bidding.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:42 AM »
The first box is away to Wookie Balls (thanks WB) and I am getting ready to move two of these items to ebay while Dirty Gloves got Spry's Sith. I would like to thank all the bidders and all the kind folks who donated items. I am so surprised by the generosity that is shown here and around the web as a part of our hobby.

Speaking of said generosity, I just got a box in from Chris Smith of the Sarlaac Pit Podcast who donated a Qui Gon Jinn with Eopie (mail away promotion) and the 500th Vader (ROTS version in his control room). I am thinking I might try to make an actual Charity Auction Page as this seems to just get bigger and bigger and it would give me a place to list the ebay auctions that I start.

I am also going to work on a paypal button for the front page that will allow you to donate your own amount directly to the charity auction without bidding on anything.

Sorry it is taking me so long to sort some of these items out and I do appreciate everyone's patience.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 05:58:32 AM »
Well thanks to the generosity of the Yarders I just sent $100 to Hollie and family. Wookie Balls sent more than the price he won the auction for and paid shipping, Dirty Gloves paid, and ofcourse the generosity of the Yarders to donate their items. I went ahead and made up the difference. Thanks folks, it feels pretty good.

We should have a working donate button on the front page here in a few weeks to donate directly too.

I will have more auctions up, probably over the holidays.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »
How's Mike's family faring, as of late?
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
How's Mike's family faring, as of late?

I have heard from Mike's mom about a few weeks ago and it seems the family is having some difficulties. She loved the idea of our current cusotm contest and has said she is even going to send us a figure or two for the contest. Out of respect for Mike and the family I will not relate the particulars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »

The kind folks of the Sarlaac Pit Podcast has sent me a few items a few months back and after talking with Mike's Mom a few weeks ago I figured it was about time I got off my duff and got em listed. You gotta like folks who don't know us from Adam, but still try to support a our cause. I look forward to working with them more in the future. Anyhow, without further adieu here is what is up for auction this time:

The pics are linked directly to the aucton and up for grads is the Special Edition 500th Darth Vader, the Mail Away Qui-Gon Jinn with Eopie, and the Bossk Limited Quanity Hallmark Ornament.

We are winding down with this and I am guessing our custom figures from this current contest that folks donate will probably be our last horah for a little while, but I do want to thank all the Yarders for their kind donations. I am so proud to be associated with all of you.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 04:21:42 AM »
Living in the Netherlands, I find it hard to imagine how things work over there in the US. I mean, it seems really strange to me Mike's next of kin have to struggle like this. We have all kinds of government securities taking care of people who are left behind after their spouses have passed away, but in the US this is a different matter.

In this light, I'm proud to have taken part in the initial customizing event, right after Mike passed away. And to have contributed by donating for that fine Clone bust I got from Shawn.

I still remember getting the news of Mike's passing. It was during TF:DOTM, so for me that movie will always be linked to this sad news  :(