Author Topic: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)  (Read 34499 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »
The first box is away. Thank you Incom.

Stay tuned, we will be announcing a new auction very soon.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
Thanks Shawn! Is that your kid? Cute! Looking forward to receiving the bust and like I pm'ed you, I'll clean up my display cases and reserve a center spot for it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
Thanks Shawn! Is that your kid? Cute! Looking forward to receiving the bust and like I pm'ed you, I'll clean up my display cases and reserve a center spot for it.

Yes sir, that is my little gal. She is helping me get the auction stuff packed and sent off. Once again thank you for your donation to the drive.

Folks please don't forget that you can also donate directly by liking the Custom Action Figure News Podcast Page on facebook. I am donating twenty five dollars for every one hundred likes so please spread the word!

Stay tuned the next auction wil be up shortly courtesy of Wookielover1138 and Kessel Run Imports of the Kessel Run Review!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 08:14:20 AM »
Ok folks here is the second item we are auctioning off for the ISY Charity Drive in memory of Mike Martinez courtesty of Wookielover1138 and Kessel Run Imports:

Disc includes episodes 1 -10, Aperture's Eye Photo-Comic, Bloopers Reel, and Kessel Run Art.

The winner of this auction will also recieve this personally autographed per the winner's preference. I would like to thank them for their donation and I will personally start the bidding for this at $20.

This auction will run till the following weekend (7-24) and thank you for your bid.

Please remember the only thing to include in this thread is your bid per the new auction. Lets get this going for Hollie and Family!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:27:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 06:36:09 AM »
Does no one want to bid on a personally autograhed copy of Season 1 of the Kessel Run Review? Our Jenn is a famous CNN Gal now and these are gonna be in huge demand! :D

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 07:57:29 AM »
What's bidding start at?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »
What's bidding start at?

I started the bidding out at $20 when I put up the information about the auction Doc. ;)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 08:00:48 AM »
Just a quick word on the Clone Trooper Lt. bust: it arrived yesterday in pristine condition. Thanks for the quick shipping, Shawn! +1 !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 08:29:01 AM »
Ok folks I am gonna end this auction for the dvd and send Hollie the deniro.

I actually have a mail away Fett to go next thanks to LucasClones, but I was made aware this weekend of a custom ebay auction for the same cause made by Incom. I think it would great for us to support this so I will get our next auction for Chad's great donation up after that auction is over.

Here are some pics and link for the Ebay Auction from Incom:

Custom Twi'lek Smuggler by INCOM Customs

This just looks outstanding to me. Most of us know Incom's work though. I must admit I have already bid multiple times. I love this type of war!

I was also made aware today of a Marvel Custom called Danger that is up for auction on Ebay too. Here are some pics and the link for this auction from a customizer called Paul Speedless:

Custom Marvel Danger by Speedless Customs

I think this is just a marvel, no pun intended, but after researching some images of this particular Marvel Character the likeness is just uncanny. I also found this banner on said auction and thought it would be appropriate to place here. It sure makes me wish I had had more time to get to know him, but I am proud to be a part of a community that is rallying to said tragedy.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:00:19 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:10 AM »
MANDALORIAN SITH

Taken from the blog:

"When Luke Sprywalker announced the Custom Sith Competition over at Imperial Shipyards this month, Dad felt it was the perfect time to pay tribute to Mike Martinez of Mercury Art Studios.  Dad will be donating his MANDALORIAN SITH entry the Mercury Art Studios Auction and the proceeds will be given to the family of Mike Martinez. Mike always created the coolest and most unique Sith custom action figures. He is known in our house as the Sith master. Dad thought of Mike when he created this action figure and tried to create a Sith custom action figure that he never saw anyone make before. Dad created this action figure from the old (head) and the new Jodo Kast action figures (forearms), a Boba Fett torso, and a Lord Maleval (everything else). He removed the chest armor from the Boba Fett and dremmeled the torso until the chest and abdomen were only as thin as the armor. He then dremmeled the front chest and abdomen of the Lord Maleval action figure and then fused Boba Fett's chest armor to the Lord Maleval with Apoxie Sculpt. Then Dad painted the action figure in colors that he saw in a Mandalorian Sith drawing that some new friends showed him on The Forcebook.

If you are interested in owning this figure, look below for the link where you will be able to bid on this action figure on ebay. Dad is going to start the bidding high so Mike's family gets the assistance they need. Dad worked about ten hours on this action figure, so whoever wins it will definitely be getting their moneys worth. Not only will the buyer be getting one cool toy, but the money will be used for a good cause.

Best of luck everyone!!"

To bid on this figure click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586608183

ISY is proud to support this great auction on behalf of Darth Daddy and Elias!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »
We have yet another great Star Wars Custom to auction off thanks to Run Down!

McQuarrie Concept Arctic Rex Custom

Click the title or the picture above to bid, and the great thing is that you can own this for just $30 right now! Oh yeah, I am going to go spread the word on this very reasonable custom offer. Thanks RunDown!

You can see more pics of this custom and others at his Blog Site.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:18 AM »
This is just great, guys! The [ur=http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280719959884&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:ITl]Twi'lek smuggler[/url] auction is only a couple of hours away from closing and it's at $70+. I'm very proud of that, because never have I made a custom reaching such high bids, but I'm even more proud to see such an amount go to a great cause. Thanks to Tamer and any other Yarders who placed a bid on this figure!

I know Speedleescustoms from ProCustomizers. He does amazing work and has inspired me to make a Legends Wolverine, my first steps in customizing Marvel Legends figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
I saw that it went for over $70 dollars and was glad to help it reach those heights. I hope we can do so for all of those auctions!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
No bids yet? :'(

How about this? I will pay for shipping within the continental US and try to help defer costs outside it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 07:45:33 AM »
Any Yarders want to outbid me at ten bucks for this with free shipping in the continental US?

Its for a good cause.

Don't forget you can also go like Custom Action Figure News on Facebook and for every 100 likes I am donating $25!