Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 10965 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
NFL 2011
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
Well do you think we are gonna have a season this  year?

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
Re: NFL 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
It always seems like every time the mediation gets somewhere they hit a snag that puts them further back.  Right now I'd just be glad if we get a season before thanksgiving.  They will work something out soon I think.  the NFL is a multi-billion dollar franchise, they're not just going to not have a season.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:33:36 AM »
Yepper, I think the money side of things will ensure both sides figure things out eventually.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
Sadly, they'll still make their money rerunning games, using ads and branded sales.  I'm betting there won't be a preseason, and maybe a slightly shortened season, like 14 games or so.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
How about Fantasy Football?  Will there be another ISY League, this year?  (I'm quite saddened, for  I missed out on last year's...   :-\  )
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
How about Fantasy Football?  Will there be another ISY League, this year?  (I'm quite saddened, for  I missed out on last year's...   :-\  )

I am sure we will have one if we have football. Count on it. As I recall we do our draft sometime toward the end of August so we have some time yet. I know I am game!

Offline vader9900

• Lieutenant
  • Sith Lord
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
Multiply the average ticket cost of $75 x 75,000. The owners will give in. There will be NFL Football by week 1, there is too much lost money at stake. I just can't wait till there is an agreement and see the Chinese Fire Drill with the 400+ free agents, it will be fun to watch. The caliber of play this year will suck though!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 05:24:44 AM »
I agree with you. The NFL channel is showing shots of the voluntary practices and there is just no direction I have seen in any of them. Some are doing one thing while others are just sitting around. I bet some of the coaches are going stir crazy just watching those practices. The quality of play might be interesting.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
Well the season is now upon us, I can't wait for the reigning Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers to take the field Thursday night. I have my tickets, a new jersey, the next day off of work and a ride home ;) all lined up. Should be one heck of an opening game. For a crappy offseason of what ifs, it's good to see the real thing kick off, though the lack of an offseason worries me, and like all teams, this last round of cuts has me wondering but I never would have thought GB would win it all after the multitude of injuries last years so anything can happen. Only certainty at this moment is every team is undefeated :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 05:44:02 AM »
Wow Wayne, sounds like you have a great week of football planned. I am envious.

I hear you about your favorite team as I am feeling some of those same things about my Steelers. The preseason seemed like such a waste and ultimately gave us an IR list way too long for my tastes. We may end up need Leftwich before the season is out the way Ben holds onto the ball and gets sacked so much, but I guess Dixon might get his shot. I think we have a very nice WR upside even if I am not sold on our running game yet. It is gonna be a fun week I agree though.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
Wow.

My Bears looked horrible today, after decimating the Falcons last week.  Watching the game, I find fault in several places, and I'm going to START with the FANS of Chicago.  We here in Chicagoland are probably the harshest on our own players than any other city in America.  Cutler could have thrown for 7 TDs with 3 picks and 6 sacks, and all the fans will focus on are the picks and sacks.  While I was one who DID question his toughness last year in the playoffs, I now feel it's a mental toughness rather than a physical one.  Just looking at him when he's on the sidelines, he's already resigned to being on the defensive, already doubting himself and his teammates.  Then you watch him in the pocket, and you can see plain as day that he does not have any faith in his Offensive Line.  He hurries his plays because he's tired of being knocked down, sacked, hurried, or hit.  And finally, I have to blame the Bears Offensive line.  They can't stop a butterfly from landing, much less a linebacker from rushing.  They may as well not even show up and let the other team rush Cutler on every snap.  The Bears have long relied on their run game and defense to win games, and in today's NFL, I don't think that's possible anymore.  The speed and ferocity of players is unprecedented compared to the NFL from even 20 years ago.  The Bears desperately need to go out and get some of the heaviest hitting O-Linemen in the league.  Once Cutler shakes off the constant criticism of the fans of Chicago (not to mention the analysts and announcers who dislike anyone not named Manning or Brady) and has faith in his O-Line and his own abilities, settles down and throws from that front foot, he'll be deadly.  He has a great arm, and he's young.  I just hope the damage can be undone, because I honestly don't feel the loss today is the fault of the QB.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
I hear you, Pat; I'm kind of glad I didn't play him as my QB in Fantasy Football, but going up against Shawn's lineup, I doubt whatever Vick does will help me win.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Vick may surprise you.  He's as deadly on the ground as he is through the air.  Not to mention, he's in Atlanta as a starter, facing his old team in his old house.  However, Atlanta is also coming off of a humiliating loss from last week, so they may be ready to rock.  I'm actually pretty excited for that game tonight!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »
Well Pat, now you know how I felt after last week's loss. What a mess. And look what one week gets you. A shutout.

I hear you on the Oline woes, we are facing the same thing. I wonder what we could do with those great recievers if Ben had just one or two more seconds without being rushed.

I am watching the shootout that is NE versus SD right now. Wow if there is a playoff championship in the making right there it is. Ofcourse it don't hurt my feelings that Vincent Jackson and Phillip Rivers are on my fantasy team.

Sorry USD Vick better have wings tonight!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »
Well my Steelers still aren't inspiring confidence after they barely beat a reeling Indy last week so I have a feeling today's game against a semi decent team like the Texans might just show the glaring holes we have at offensive line. I don't know what we are going to do to fix it, but we need to do something if we want to continue to have a season.

At this point of the game, I am loving the Lions and the Bills as they have stunk it up for so long seeing them win is awesome. I don't know how the Bills got Brady last week, but they did. It is gonna be an awesome Sunday. I might have to mow some grass before I can begin my NFL Afternoon though. ???