Author Topic: Making The Band, Part 2 3/1/23  (Read 109642 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Ancient Jed'aii 5/17/14)
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
Great job! What figure is that bald head from?

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Wow, now that is some detail work; kinda like painting an astro if you ask me.

Back to the front page.

Thanks for the FP Shawn!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
That is how it should've been sold. I hated this figure, there was a great amount of detail in the armor, but they hide it by making it all one color. You have made my day sir. Great looking figure.

Hanzo, I agree that the detail in the sculpt was there but definitely lacking in color.  There's actually going to be a little bit more painting.  This'll be a WIP for a while as I decide color I want to use.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
Great job! What figure is that bald head from?

The head is the same one used for Serpentor, Repeater, and Sgt Stone.  I think the one on Sgt. Stone is used.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (For a friend 5/29/14)
« Reply #484 on: May 29, 2014, 05:59:20 AM »
I never mentioned but I am a high school music teacher.  This past year, I was fortunate to have hired an assistant director.  Of course, with the infinite wisdom of the district and school, the position will be cut for next year.  Anyway, for my assistant I created a custom for her.  I tried to tie into Dr. Who, with which she is a HUGE fan of but instead, I went with something else she is very much into - Tai Chi.  You know, that slow version of martial arts-meditation stuff.  And so, here I have a martial arts figure holding a conductor's baton.

Mira Striker was an ordinary girl who took it upon herself to strike fear into those with bad attitudes.  She would "direct" them into the light with her light-baton using a form of martial arts called Tai Chi-ductor.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2014, 02:41:47 AM »
My wife is a middle school music teacher. She just finished up a concert yesterday matter of fact. Sounds like your district is similar to ours in their brilliance about endowing the arts. I just shake my head when I read things like that.

Cool custom and back story though. Of course this is going on our pages.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Star Wars/49ers Customs for Christmas 12/25/13)
« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2014, 07:49:39 AM »
Well it's been a long while since I've last posted.

So for Christmas I decided to paint up some X-Wing pilots and give them to my brother, nephew, and future brother-in-law.  We're all 49ers fans in my family (couple of exceptions; nephew is a Raiders fan and my wife used to cheer for the Cowboys).  Regardless, I thought I'd do up some pilots in Niners colors.  I even have a back story.

The mining colony Sa'Fran was a small outpost in the Mid-Rim.  Like many at the time, they didn't care about the Republic, the Empire, or the Rebel Alliance.  They just wanted to do some honest work away from politics.  Whoever was in charge would pretty much do the same thing; tax the colony, pay for the minerals, and think them nothing but outback yokels.  One day, the Empire decided it best to acquire all mineral rights and pay the colonists less than the value of the mines and mining facility.  They said no and a small Imperial task force soon came to take possession.  In preparation, a ragtag fleet of shuttles, old Z95's, even a couple of ARC-170's and one LAAT/i; ships that were worked on by hobbyists of classic space vehicles.  The Imperial task force barely won.  Of the 65 ships the colony was able to launch, 16 barely survived.  They were forced to land their ships.  Instead of being punished by the Imperial commander, he let them go with the rest of the colonists to be resettled on a new planet.  When they made planetfall on their new "home", twelve of the pilots decided to leave for the Rebellion.  Upon arrival at a Rebel base, they requested to stay together and form their own squadron.  Reluctant to do so, the base commander did so only after finding out that one of the pilots was a former Corellian Fleet officer.  The pilots named their squadron the 49ers in remembrance of their fellow pilots lost at the battle of Sa'Fran.

Commander Joj, Captain Brod, Lt. Sey, and Lt. Naton are the first of these customs

So, I finally did that Raiders/TIE pilot for my nephew.

Lt. Nath was one of the hottest hands on board the star destroyer, Castle Fire.  Upon arrival at Sa'Fran Nathan was already in his TIE ready for launch.  He single handedly took out the most ships.  Members of the colony's ragtag fleet caught his Imperial ID# and made him a personal enemy of the colony's survivors.  And so began the blood feud between the 49ers and the Raiders.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »
49ers vs. Raiders

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2014, 09:06:07 AM »
Ha I like the 49rs v raiders figures. I wanted to do something similar with the capitals.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (Star Wars/49ers Customs for Christmas 12/25/13)
« Reply #489 on: December 02, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

So for Christmas I decided to paint up some X-Wing pilots and give them to my brother, nephew, and future brother-in-law.  We're all 49ers fans in my family (couple of exceptions; nephew is a Raiders fan and my wife used to cheer for the Cowboys).  Regardless, I thought I'd do up some pilots in Niners colors.  I even have a back story.

The mining colony Sa'Fran was a small outpost in the Mid-Rim.  Like many at the time, they didn't care about the Republic, the Empire, or the Rebel Alliance.  They just wanted to do some honest work away from politics.  Whoever was in charge would pretty much do the same thing; tax the colony, pay for the minerals, and think them nothing but outback yokels.  One day, the Empire decided it best to acquire all mineral rights and pay the colonists less than the value of the mines and mining facility.  They said no and a small Imperial task force soon came to take possession.  In preparation, a ragtag fleet of shuttles, old Z95's, even a couple of ARC-170's and one LAAT/i; ships that were worked on by hobbyists of classic space vehicles.  The Imperial task force barely won.  Of the 65 ships the colony was able to launch, 16 barely survived.  They were forced to land their ships.  Instead of being punished by the Imperial commander, he let them go with the rest of the colonists to be resettled on a new planet.  When they made planetfall on their new "home", twelve of the pilots decided to leave for the Rebellion.  Upon arrival at a Rebel base, they requested to stay together and form their own squadron.  Reluctant to do so, the base commander did so only after finding out that one of the pilots was a former Corellian Fleet officer.  The pilots named their squadron the 49ers in remembrance of their fellow pilots lost at the battle of Sa'Fran.

Commander Joj, Captain Brod, Lt. Sey, and Lt. Naton are the first of these customs

Lt. Nath was one of the hottest hands on board the star destroyer, Castle Fire.  Upon arrival at Sa'Fran Nathan was already in his TIE ready for launch.  He single handedly took out the most ships.  Members of the colony's ragtag fleet caught his Imperial ID# and made him a personal enemy of the colony's survivors.  And so began the blood feud between the 49ers and the Raiders.

As a huge NFL fan I approve of this feud.... though the Raiders may be going back to LaSan' Geles. hehe

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs II (49ers vs. Raiders revisted)
« Reply #490 on: December 02, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »

As a huge NFL fan I approve of this feud.... though the Raiders may be going back to LaSan' Geles. hehe

LaSan'Geles!!!  Love it.  Not the move idea but the name.  Maybe I'll do a set of customs from different "planets";  Dal'Es, Mi'Ami, Ne'Orlins, etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:32:10 PM by Jedi Minstrel »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #491 on: December 03, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
Yes, perhaps that can be a contest.  Favorite sports team as a squad, squadron, platoon, etc.  Use team colors and create a set of their classic rivalry.  NFL, NBA, college teams, semi-pro, minor league, whatever….hmm. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #492 on: December 06, 2014, 06:11:12 AM »
Nice, love this concept. Good to see you back around. Back on the front page.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #493 on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:52 AM »
Nice, love this concept. Good to see you back around. Back on the front page.

Thanks.  Never really left, though.  Just no time for posting anything nowadays.  If anything, Happy Holidays.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2014, 05:08:09 AM »
Yeah, I know how that goes. Love this football concept. I could really see you building a SW Football Dio and having complete teams and sidelines and coaches and the lot.

Merry Christmas guy!