Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 133077 times)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! Dec. 2016 WEREWOLF WASTELANDER!
« Reply #1080 on: December 07, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »
Here is the next occupant of the Wastelands - Thomas Longclaw, nomadic werewolf lawman. Thomas is an oasis of fair justice in the desert of lawlessness that is the Wastelands. He travels the Fury Road, stopping along the way, offering his services to any settlement that needs it, free of charge. He only asks for as much water as he can carry in his pack, and nothing more. Thomas was once an ordinary man, and a police officer.  When the latest Apocalypse Event took place, he was changed into a man/wolf hybrid.  He retained all his cognitive abilities and gained the strength and senses of a wolf.  No one knows how or why Thomas was stricken with lycanthropy. Some believe it is just another Curse from when the sky rained fire and the cities were torn asunder.  There are tales of other Wastelanders being transformed into frightful beings.  Others whisper "mutant" and remember a time in the long ago when people were simply born with fantastic abilities and powers.  Regardless, all those who know him respect him, and those who do not fear the Man-Wolf of the Wastelands.  He has yet to encounter another like him in his travels, although there are rumors of a "pack" of lycanthropes up north, past the Dune Sea.

Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1081 on: December 08, 2016, 03:38:15 AM »
I would love to read more stories like this. I love Apoc type stuff and this seems like it will grab a bit I like from all genres. Great back story.

I really like the custom figure too. Off to share the latest to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1082 on: December 08, 2016, 03:47:51 AM »
Looks great.

Ron

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! Dec. 2016 ROBOCOP(S)!
« Reply #1083 on: December 12, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
The future of law enforcement. Using ideas from across the "Robocop" franchise (movie trilogy, tv series and tv movies in particular). 

OCP Crime Prevention Units v1.2 - Alex Murphy and v3.1 - John Cable, or as their squad nicknames "Seek" (Cable) and "Destroy" (Murphy).   

Their most dangerous foe is OCP CPU v2.3 - Cain (Urban Assault Armor).  Cain was the third personality subjected to the "Robocop 2" program and the only one to survive.  This unit was designed prior to Murphy's upgrade.  An attempt was made to control him by addicting him to Nuke, but the drug and the cyborg process drove him insane. His flesh is deteriorating and he is utterly unpredictable.  Heavier armor and a multitude of heavy assault weapons make him a formidable foe. 

Murphy was upgraded into heavier armor some 20 years after he was brought on-line as Robocop. Built using v2.3's schematics, but with fewer weapons to keep his profile "heroic" for the press. He is outfitted with a pair of impressive forearm-mounted weaponry - a grenade launcher (with variable ammo) and a larger version of the Cobra Assault Rifle, the gun he used to destroy an ED-209.  His frame is officially designated as OCP Crime Prevention Unit v1.2 (Urban Protection Armor).  John Cable was selected to undergo the Robocop transformation in order to give Murphy a partner that offset his frame's inherent weaknesses.  Cable is officially designated OCP Crime Prevention Unit v2.1 (Urban Recon Armor) and features hidden holsters in each thigh, a carry-over from the original Robocop design.  His frame is far faster and more agile than Murphy's, but cannot stand up to prolonged firefights like Murphy's frame can.

No mods to the new (reboot) Robocop body, other than painting the human hand and an ink wash.  The larger unit is built on an IM2 Drone body and a cast, shrunken Robocop head.  The bad guy unit is the same body, zombie viper head and various bits 'n' pieces.  Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! Dec. 2016 ROBOCOP(s)!
« Reply #1084 on: December 13, 2016, 03:43:34 AM »
They look great. Off to share yet again.

That Cain sure looks menacing.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! Dec. 2016 ROBOCOP(s)!
« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »
first off welcome back my friend ! Glad to see your posting again just sorry your no longer doing Star wars customs in the mix. I am just catching up with your new posts and great work  ! I look forward to seeing what you have coming next !

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted out!
« Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »
Based on the classic arcade game (and later home console ports), this is my take on Strider Hiryu, ready for action. Equipped with a tonfa-style Cypher blade named "Falcion" (with removeable plasma wave FX), trusty folding Climb Sickle in shoulder sheath, all three Robot Option power-up sidekicks and the glider used to travel to the next levels, Strider Hiryu is ready to take on all enemies.  Provided, of course, you brought enough quarters.

The Option Robots, mechanical semi-autonomous helper units, and are labeled thus -
Option A, Tripodal Robot
Option B, Panther Robot
Option C, Hawk Robot

Strider was built with a variety of GI Joe parts and topped with LEGO anime-styled hair.  The kitbashed Cypher blade's plasma wave FX slides on/off and is cut from a paint-wiped "Magic: the Gathering" foil card.  The climb Sickle is handmade from greeblies and fully opens/closes to sit in his shoulder sheath.  The glider is just a repaint from a Joe glider.  The Panther and Hawk sidekicks are repaints of animal accessories from "The Batman" series, the Tripodol unit is scratchbuilt.  Lastly, Strider features a poseable scarf and magnets in his feet to better emulate the source materials.

Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted pt2
« Reply #1087 on: December 21, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
This continues the pic dump of the Strider and friends custom.  I could only load 4 attachments in the last set.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted
« Reply #1088 on: December 22, 2016, 03:32:09 AM »
I like it. Time to share it to the pages and make you famous.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1089 on: December 22, 2016, 06:46:05 PM »
Awesome work my friend! I am a huge fan of your wasteland work. Those vehicles are so perfectly done!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #1090 on: December 22, 2016, 10:01:04 PM »
Very cool! really like the Robocop custom

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1091 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »
Really nice set of customs! Hiryu looks amazing. The Robocop customs are great. But I really like the wolfman custom. Excellent job!