Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 133448 times)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: 10/20 Scout Sniper Light Armor Mando! NEW!
« Reply #990 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
Here are two figs of 12 I made for the Birthday Contest.  My theme ws "Mando Mash-ups".  Basically, the premise is simple: take a character from another universe or franchise and turn them into Mandalorian warriors.

First up: Wade "Deadpool" Wilson, Mando Merc with a Mouth.  Wade is a character, no doubt.  He claims he is the product of a "super secret underground black-ops" experiment that left him with a "healing factor" that will let him recover from nearly any injury.  he also claims to be Palpatine's lovechild, lead singer for something called "Van Halen" and consort to holostar Betty White.  He says a lot of things, come to think about it.  Despite the inane banter, he is quite deadly.  He packs a multitude of weaponry, heavy bolt rifle, twin pulse blasters (in cross-draw holsters), vibroswords and hold-out blaster pistols.  That's in addition to the more "unique" one-off weapons he sometimes sports...like his "sheep cannon".

Frank Castle, The Punisher.  Frank is a tortured man.  A Mando who has lost the most important thing to a Mando, his family.  Frank was a Mandalorian Police Officer who served with distinction until he put away the wrong Hutt.  Zeebod the Hutt retaliated by having Frank's family murdered as he was tortured.  Left for dead, he rose from the ashes of his former life with one goal - revenge.  Donning a set of armor in mourning black, adorning it with the death's head sigil of his father's clan, Frank Castle died and in his place rose The Punisher.  In his quest to find his family's killers, The Punisher rips thru the galaxy's underworld, dispensing punishment to all those who would harm innocents.  His arsenal is as varied as the scum he hunts, but he always packs an assortment for all occasions: standard blaster rifle, sonic blaster rifle, ion blaster rifle, plasma blaster rifle, Verpine-enhanced sniper rifle, concussion grenade luancher, mines, flash-bang grenades, vibroblades and crushguants are the standard fare.  And a shovel.  don't ask what the shovel is for.

I know the pics are cruddy, but that;s what I'm working with right now.  I've got 10 more from this series that I will be posting up, along with some other stuff.  As a teaser, her is a pic of a WIP Ghost Rider custom using his Penance Stare power.

By the way, if anyone has two or three of those Super Battle Droid blaster effects for trade, lemme know.  Anyhow, thanks for tuning in!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 11/28 MANDO MASH-UPS! Deadpool and Punisher!
« Reply #991 on: November 30, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
Loving these as I am a big fan of your Mando Mashups! Made for a great contest entry too!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #992 on: November 30, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »
Awesome Work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #993 on: December 01, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
Both great characters and they look awesome on our front page.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #994 on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
Excellent character choices, I can't wait to see your others.
Great Works!!

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
Taking a break from MAndos to present a pair of custom nnja!

Kaminari (Thunder) and Inazuma (Lighting), identical twins and Oni (demon) Hunters from the Cold Mountain Clan.  They are able to focus their chi into specially forged weapons to generate electical effects.  Built from a mixture of GI Joe ninja parts, with Force lightning special effects via Star Wars figs.

I have a trio of Oni for them to fight, just need to finish them up and take pics.

Thanks for tuning in!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 12/18 NEW! Ninja Demon Hunting Twins!
« Reply #996 on: December 18, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »
Very nice work! I love your idea for these Ninja's!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #997 on: December 19, 2013, 03:56:12 AM »
Love what those weapons look like on those ninjas too. Off to share.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #998 on: February 10, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
Excellent work, i just love the Mando love to give to the the site.
All things are always Mando, it doesn't matter where the story comes from.

your Twins are just flat out cool! I can't wait for the Oni

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #999 on: February 14, 2014, 12:28:27 AM »
Fantastic work on the twins.

Ron

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Re: 04/11 WIP it, WIP it good!
« Reply #1000 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
I've been gone far too long from this awesome site.  If anyone is interested, find me on Facebook under "Michael Wade" (avatar is a Sith Lord Predator).  It's easier for me to post on FB.

But anyway, here are some WIP shots from various "lines" that I am working on.  Sorry for the cruddy pics, but it is what it is.

First up is my "Ghost Rider: Forever" line.  This will feature various (mostly original) Ghost Rider versions and characters that would fit into that "universe".  There will also be villains, of course.

Pictured here are: Dust: a mutant immortal gunslinger, Jebediah Graves (Civil War-era GR), Johnny Blaze/Dan Ketch "leathers" GR, not-yet-named Lady GR, Johnny Blaze in human form, Drifter: a Dhamphir and a not-yet-named Future GR. 

Jebediah's ghostly steed, Shadow Flame.

My version of Blade, Daywalker to go into the GR:F line, which is an amalgam of looks from the movies, tv series, comics and anime.  I kitbashed a custom pistol to resemble the one he uses on film, but otherwise there's little worry for "screen accuracy".  I'll be attempting to make a scale, working glaive (folding boomerang blade) he uses also.  Wish me luck!

The Shadow, also for my GR:F line.  Again, not concerned with "source accuracy".

Moving away from that, here is a WIP I bashed together one night, randomly.  His name is Locust and he is a cyborg, but I don't know much more than that yet.  He'll have a full bio once I get closer to finishing him.

Strider Hiryu from the classic arcade game "Strider".  I'd like to make one or two of the robotic "sidekick" power-ups found in the original game as well.

Thanks for tuning in!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: 04/11! NEW! WIP it, WIP it good! Loads of in progress shots!
« Reply #1001 on: April 11, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
I love all the ghost riders...  That civil war era ghost rider is SWEET... consider that recipe stolen :P  I have enough spare parts for that recipe... gonna have to come up with something similar.

One idea I've had for a while is a ghost rider fighter pilot... add that to the list of ghost riders you need to make! 

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1002 on: April 11, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
I totally agree with Spuda on ur Jebediah Graves (Civil War-era GR).
Great figure, can you post a single picture of him?
I got to find the parts to make one for me, just a great set u are making.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1003 on: April 12, 2014, 07:20:28 AM »
Good to see you back for a bit. Love they cyborg with wings too. Off to share.

Offline BigKev

• Cadet
« Reply #1004 on: April 12, 2014, 09:48:44 AM »
Hello! This is great work! You might consider GR 2099 as an addition. In my opinion, a terrific design for a future GR!

Also, check out the Dungeons and Dragons nightmare steed from the 80's as a possible basis for an older GR mount.

:o)