Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 136941 times)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Thanks for all the support!  Here's a fig I did a while back.  It's a Zombie version of a former supervisor @ work.  We both share a love of the Undead, and he got me hooked on "The Walking Dead" tv show.

Zombie Jimmy, with motorcycle jacket and helmet, stone wash jeans and neon-orange highlights Nike sneaks.  You know...his everyday uniform!

Since this was to be displayed in his office, I went with a none-too-gory look.  He's got 8 bullet wounds (including one thru his left eye), his left hand is missing (with a bone remenant), a bone sticking thru his left thigh and an abdominal gash spilling intestines also from the left side.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
Awesome!I love zombies.can't say i've seen the show,but i've heard good things about it.i guess you and chad should start a WD custom collection going.great job.yep,I counted 8 bullet holes.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
I like the anti-arc unit. Very awesome.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
I love how my CIS Commando unit (Anti-ARCs) are getting more love!  I may have to snap some NEW! pics of them in a more action-ish setting.  Perhaps throwing down with Fordo and the Muunilist 10?

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
Optimus,

You have quite a talent for turning out something a little different, I love the latest droid, plus your clone troops on page one as something really special...I love the facial hair!

You really are a dark horse, and I think we are going to see some really creative and exciting work from you!

Definitely one to watch!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
Hey DO!

Love that FP droid! You have a real talent for our metal chums!! Keep up the good work man!

Btw have those parts I sent you arrived yet?

Best wishes

Ray

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Nice zombie!  Keep up the awesome work! ;)
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:59 PM »
Zombie boss is amazing! Love that you made your boss with a bunch of bullets holes in him. LOL! Nice stuff keep it.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
Hey, guys!  I don't post WIP shots normally, but I'll be shut down for the holidays.  Seems my workstation is EXACTLY where the Christmas tree goes.  So, I'd like to post these pics as a teaser for what I'll reveal after the first of the year (but, hopefully sooner).  This is my first smartgunner for a squad of Colonial Marines.  All inspiration for the USCM figs goes to Wookie-Balls.  I am a HUGE fan of his Marines and I had to do a set.  I had trouble finding bodies w/ similar uniforms, so I decided this squad would be a "best of the best" squad, with a little more leway than the regular grunts.

USCM Smartgunner, as-of-yet unnammed.  His gun is named "Tom" in reference to Drake's gun from Aliens.  The "BFG" is self-explanitory, LOL.  He is nearly done, just need the camo pattern paint-job, but I suck at camo and am putting it off.

This will be my flametrooper, perhaps.  His helmet tag "Brain Dead" is inspired by Pvt. Hudson's helmet art.  He's waiting on his camo job also, as well as his weapon.

You can see the rest of the team in the background, as well as the mech suit that will be part of the team.  Kinda like the "power-loaders" seen in the film, only tricked out to kick serious alien @$$.  I may also do a "sentry gun" from the deleted scenes or a custom military robot to go with.  Team line-up looks to be a sgt., 2 smartgunners, a flametrooper, a medic/comms tech, a science officer and the mech suit pilot.  I may also do a dropship pilot, if I can find an appropriate body & parts.  This squad is so much fun to work on, I just wish I could get over my fear of camo work and get to it.

Offline clonecommando8

• Cadet
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs, now w/ USCM WIPs!
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »
very nice mandos
CloneCommando8

Offline Silver Rider38

• Customs Padawan
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
Awesome squad Optimus, "best of the best" type squads are always really cool. I always wondered how heavy gunners carry BFGs...

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #356 on: December 12, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
Awesome customs!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #357 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
Hey DO

Those are some AWESOME grunts!!! Can't wait to see them finished up - Mrs Balls and I love Aliens (we just had another weekend running our homebrew D20 RPG!) To see some more USCMC figures (esp as good as yours)  is brilliant!!

Keep up the good work mate!  ;D ;D ;D

All the best,

Ray

PS I found that trying to do a 'scale' camo paint job was too busy - so I went with larger 'swirls' then did a dark "Mig" wash over them and sponged the excess off - that might help...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:14:41 PM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #358 on: December 12, 2011, 05:29:28 PM »
they look awesome,and they are BMF.if you're a fan of Full Metal Jacket like I am,maybe do a pvt joker inspired guy."born to kill."

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #359 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!