Author Topic: Darth Optimus' Custom Nerdery! STRIDER HIRYU, fully kitted  (Read 137819 times)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Re: Darth Optimus' Customs
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Thanks, e'rybody!

Here is a mash-up of three of my favorite series: Mad Max, Star Wars and The Legend of Drizzt.  Introducing (deep breath): A Post-Apocalyptic Cyborg Drow Swoop Biker.

Oryym Kor'Trinnx

The reciepe is as follows: head/torso from a Rahm Kota's Elite, lower half from a Destro (from the Destro vs. Iron Grenadier 2-pak), arms from a new B.A.T., chest armor/bowcaster from an Embo, ax from a Battle Beast, holster from the parts pile. 

The original vehicle

The swoop is a modified "Generator Rex" vehicle.  The fig was molded to the bike, so I cut him off.  His rump and legs are part of the bike, so they became a seat with the addition of a piece of cardstock and some scrap cloth.  The handlebars were elongated w/ styrene tubing to give it a "chopper" feel.  The front of the bike screamed for nose-art, but not being particularly gifted @ that sort of thing I just designed a large sigil for adornment.  There are also hash-marks and counters of somesort, and the lettering @ the bottom says "Frak Life" in one of the Drow alphabets.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
sweet figures sweet ride great job i really like the mix of parts  ;D

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Great custom figure!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »
Here is a Mando duo and their Heavy Pursuit Speeder:

Tigh and Tyrol

Shain Tigh

Rhob Tyrol

Here is a neat little trick I use: magnets!  Most of my figs w/ backpacks have them attached via Rare Earth Magnets.  This allows them to be swapped out thusly

And their Speeder (which still needs a proper Mando name):

More pics of the Speeder in my Custom Vehicle thread.  Thanks for looking!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
awesome job great vehicle & figure combo the colors go great together!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
Darth that is an awesome figure and cool speeder! That being said I think they look best separate. The speeder is awesome, I passed that one up at discount not seeing it's potential. It is screaming Clone Wars stylings to me and seems it would fit Embo or one of the Pirates with Hondo. The figure is really cool and great mix of Joe and SW parts! Really like the color scheme with both!

Whoa! and more already with these cool mandos and speeder! I just love that vehicle and seeing so many being done with all different styles! Love the yellow!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
Thanks, Sprywalker.  Yeah...I got the speeder bike on sale for $5.  I may go back to see if they have another.  I'd been sitting on the hovercraft for a while now...just took forever to find a color scheme for it.  Again, wish I had another, but oh well.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:49 PM »
Awesome! Hmm..., how about Buir's Shebs for the speeder's name? ;D

Offline CaptainLux

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
Great mandos too!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
Ha!  Thanks for the name suggestion, Orangepeace.  I'd love to be able to give it some sweet nose-art...but sadly, that skill eludes me.  Anywho...more stuffs!

Here is an updated re-paint of one of my very first Star Wars customs, Hoar the Tusken Raider from the "Masters of Teras Kasi" video game from the 90's.  'Member that game?  It was awesome and horrible at the same time.

Hoar, Tusken Raider and student of the Teras Kasi fighting style under Ardyn Lynn:

Hoar is a pretty simple repaint.  I just removed the cloak, cut the X-shaped bandoleer off and reattached.  I also cut down his sleeves, to make him more streamlined like his digital counterpart.  He sat in my parts box for years until I dug him out a week ago and repainted him w/ the skills I've learned (wipes, dry brushing, etc).

Custom #2 today is an ancient Jedi Master.  Introducing Whauun (One) Nunb, the progenator of the Nunb clan.  Tall for a Sullustan, Whauun was often the butt of jokes from his fellow Padawans during his training at the Jedi Temple.  He was taken as an apprentice by the legendary Jedi Lord Hoth.  Under Hoth's tutelage, Whauun became a master swordsman, utilizing a variation of the traditional lightsaber dubbed a lightpike.  Whauun favored a highly-acrobatic style of combat he developed on his own and which would one day become the officailly recognized lightsaber combat style known as Ataru.  With his lightpike giving him an extended reach and his fighting style of spins and jumps, Whauun Numb had never known defeat in lightsaber combat.

Whauun Numb, Jedi Master and creator of the Ataru Style:

Ready for "aggressive negottiations"!

Simple receipe: body from an "Odin" from the "Thor" movie, a Nein Nunb head from the "Rebel Pilots" pack and a cape from a "General Calrissian" from the 90's POTF series.  The "Thor" figures look like they will make excellent Ancient Jedi bases, I've already picked up another one to make his mentor, Jedi Lord Hoth.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »
wow, Hoar is slick, great paint job!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:26 AM »
Wow, missed the Mandos, but have rectified that situation. Love the colors on em and their Speeder too.

Look for that great Tusken Custom to show up on the fp before long too. Just nice work on that too.

Offline CaptainLux

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
Amazing customs!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
Very creative. I especially like the lightsaber.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:46 PM »
These are awesome. Hey you wanna know how to fill-in wholes like on that mando, put a tiny little dot of glue on it, let it dry and paint over it.

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!