Author Topic: Wookie Rising by Wookielover1138  (Read 7917 times)

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
Wookie Rising by Wookielover1138
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:04:37 AM »
It's a Wookie Weekend 0/ So I'm introducing the first chapter in my Fan Fiction, Wookie Rising :D Enjoy!!!

Chapter 1 – Paradise Found

Upon Jen’ni Lha-mo’s arrival to Katarr, it was a grey and silent planet previously striped of all life by Darth Nihilus in 3,952 BBY. Katarr was once a beautiful place, inhabited by the Miraluka with mountains, waterfalls, an abundance of flora and fauna, and wildlife. Since Nihilus’ planetary genocide, there have been no inhabitants here.

Jen’ni was here because she had burned her bridges, both with the Jedi and the Bounty Hunters. Now she had a new mission, one of her own and she hoped she had the strength to accomplish it. To Jen’ni Lha-mo it meant her life, but most importantly to her it meant the Life of Katarr. She needed a place to hideout and seeing that nobody ever went to the “Dead” Planet, it seemed like the perfect choice. See Jen’ni had a plan, and when Jen’ni had a plan it was usually of epic proportions!

On her way to Katarr, Jen’ni stopped by several planets to stock up on supplies. One planet being Ragoon VI, which has an abundant variety of gorgeous flora, fauna, and wildlife. Since the Ragoons are on good terms with the Jedi, they had no problem in fulfilling Jen’ni’s request for collecting specimen. After stocking up on her needs at Ragoon VI, she headed over to Corellia for grains, spices, and Nerf. All of these elements would be vital to Jen’ni’s plan, and once loaded on the Iron Lotus she was happy to be on her way. The thought of being by herself on Katarr was pleasing, she was tired of following orders that she didn’t agree with and most of all war.
Jen’ni Lha-mo had never thought of herself as a dreamer, more of a realist. Other people may have different opinions, depending on who you speak to. During her time as a Jedi, Jen’ni thought she was on the side of Good and that the Jedi would always help those in need. That wasn’t always the case however, as she learned. After careful consideration and thought Jen’ni told her Master, Ahsoka Tano, that she would be leaving to pursue other ventures. Needless to say Master Tano wasn’t pleased with the decision, or when she learned that Jen’ni was working as a Bounty Hunter. Jen’ni thought working as a hunter she could do more mercenary work and bring aid to those in need, which was mostly the case. However, even Bounty Hunter’s have a Creed that they must follow, and Jen’ni broke that too! She had received a call from Aurra Sing asking for her help in the killing of 4 Jedi on Naboo. Jen’ni refused since they were most likely her old friends, warned the Jedi, and is now on the run from the Bounty Hunters.

“It’s better to be alone,” she tells herself as she lands the SS-54 light freighter on Katarr, “Nobody to slow you down or tell you what to do!” The smell in the Cargo Bay of the Lotus is almost unbearable from the Nerf, it immediately turns her attention to the task at hand. Jen’ni scouts out the area, she’s needs a place to live, preferably near the water. She comes upon a building at the end of town that opens up into a giant field with a river running down the south-side. “It’s better than I could have imagined,” she exclaims. The buildings on the planet were built in a round architectural style, and were very stunning even in grey tones. Jen’ni then grabs her ship and moves it to the open field for easy unloading.

The next job was definitely the hardest, building a fenced area so that she didn’t have to go Nerf Herding every time she needed meat. Although skilled at many things, Jen’ni was not used to building fences, especially alone. Her mind had started to wander while working, thinking about her time as a Jedi, Master Tano and things she had said to her. Quickly she cleared her thoughts and wiping the sweat from her brow, began concentrating on the fence again. It took two days, and by the time she was done she was glad. Now she could free the Lotus of the stinky Nerf and give him a chance to air out. Plus, the rest of the work was now smooth sailing. Jen’ni planted grains, flowers, spices, and other edibles she and the Nerf could use. In the coming weeks she burned her old clothes, fashioned new ones from Nerf-hide and was trying to reinvent herself, but still couldn’t think of a name she really liked. One day while hiking in the mountains, she even came across a nice spot to keep the Iron Lotus hidden when not in use. She was settling in nicely, and was ready to execute the next stage of her plan.

According to her Master, Jen’ni is very strong in the Force and that strength is her biggest advantage. On a planet sucked of Life by the Force, the only way to restore Life is with the Force. Jen’ni knew this and used her Force Powers to keep the plants and animals alive until she could restore a couple hundred acres around her dwelling. Meditating day and night, sometimes without stopping for food, Jen’ni was slowly bringing Life to a once Dead Katarr. After a few months she had brought one quarter of the planet back to full health and had grown even stronger, but Jen’ni now needed to restock on some supplies. “What a good opportunity for me to see what’s going on in the Galaxy…and try out my nameless identity,” she thought. Gathering her thoughts and stuff, she hiked up the mountain to the Lotus. Reaching the light freighter, she realized she wouldn’t be able to go anywhere with her ship under it’s known alias! So paint supplies were added to her list, and she took off, hoping for an uneventful trip.
After a calm landing on Corellia, Jen’ni began her shopping in the market. The smell of sweet spices and wonderful foods filled the air, almost pulling Jen’ni in closer by her nose. She noticed the market was crowded that day and wanted to slip in and out unnoticed. The large groups of Trandoshans stood out in the crowds, “No doubt due to their rise in popularity thanks to the Galactic Alliance,” Jen’ni thought to herself. Once back to the Lotus she started to take inventory, “Orange, Red, and Black paint – check. Charbote Root, Seed Poppers, Vweilu Nuts, and…oh no! I forgot the Mounder Potato Rice,” she whined and went back to the market.

This time the scene was even more chaotic than before. The Trandoshans seemed to be giving someone a hard time, but Jen’ni couldn’t see who. She barely spoke a peep to the Corellian woman from whom she purchased the rice, even though the woman was very talkative. Once the trade was complete, Jen’ni was on her way, at least that’s what she thought. She passed the Trandoshans who were still heckling someone, and then turned back. “Curiosity killed the Nexu,” she mumbled to herself as she approached the crowd. It seemed like the whole town was gathered around these 3 Trandoshans and their captor, making it hard for the small Jen’ni Lhamo to see. She pushed her way to the front of the crowd only to find the bullies harassing a Wookie cub. This was so unfair she thought, this poor cub – where were his parents, dead like hers? Immediately she asked an older man next to her why they were allowed to do this to a defenseless Wookie, and he replied, ”After Cadeus found out they’re hiding Jedi, there are some places a Wookie just isn’t safe!” Jen’ni heard all she needed to and jumped in front of the cub, then pulled out her lightsaber. The crowd gasped, then fell silent. The Force flowed through her as Mind, Body, and lightsaber became one, but all Jen’ni could feel was anger and disgust for these soulless creatures. She then turned to the Wookie cub and yelled, “Run, now why you can. Go somewhere safe, hurry!” At first the Trandoshans laughed at her, and let the Wookie go, she seemed to prove much more interesting. The larger one turned to her and said, “So who do you think you are interrupting the business of important men such as ourselves?” Jen’ni did not answer and instead beheaded him in front of the others. This then turned the second, a more short and stocky Trandoshan to try and defeat her, but she also beheaded him in silence and ran off while everyone stood there gaswking in shock as the smell of seared flesh rose in the air. As she was running back to the ship, Jen’ni heard the last Trandoshan yell at her, “Oh so you’re a Wookie lover are you? When I find out who you are you will pay for what you’ve done!” “Wookie lover,” she laughed to herself, now there’s a name you don’t hear everyday.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Wookie Rising by Wookielover1138
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
Much potential, you have!

(I need to come back and reread it when I have time to devote to it)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
I love the story Jenn. It really draws you into their world.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
Awesome story!, does the wookiee become your sidekick?

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments guys :D I'm really glad you liked it, and I'm hoping to have Chapter 2 up sometime within the next few weeks 0/

@ghostskull18: For that answer, read on you must yosab

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
Very nice opening, Jenn!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
this is quite awesome jenn,I  really like this!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »
Thanks Phatty!!! Coming from a pro like you that means a lot to me ;D

Thank you very much Lux, I'm pleased you enjoyed the first installment 0/

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
A very good read. Can't wait for the next installment!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
excellent story Jenn!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 05:51:47 AM »
Thank you so much Jay and Irish Ninja, I am pleased that you like the first chapter 0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »
I just had a chance to ready this uninterupted and undisturbed. Just excellent Jenn.

I can't wait to read more. I love the sound of this planet too.

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
Thank you so much Shawn, you just put a smile on my face :D

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:03:31 PM »
Pretty good story, I wish there was more.  But, sadly, I'm a wookiee hater and a trandoshan/mando/imperial lover.  I would shot any wookiee on site.  Sorry if this offends you.
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline Viper6

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »
does flora and fauna not already include  "wildlife"  ;)

ball breaking aside, im enjoying the read.