Author Topic: Return of the Jedi Book Extras  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Return of the Jedi Book Extras
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
My wife had a meeting I had to take her to so for the first time I took ROTJ Novel with me and am really enjoying it. There are quite a few little differences from the movies that the novel has.

Just today I found out when the Endor Landing Commandos first found the Scout Troopers they were supposed to be in a temporary camp cooking food when Han and Chewie decided to sneak up on em. There were quite a few others too so now I have to go back and read all the movie books. Cool stuff. This might keep me off Death Troopers till my real vacation starts.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Return of the Jedi Book Extras
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
That's weird. I'm sure that I read that one but don't remember that part. Of course, that was more than 20 years ago.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
There is also added detail I didn't know about like the fact that after they rescued Han they want back to the Falcon and along with Luke's Xwing there was a Ywing left too.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 12:19:19 AM »
It's been a while since I read the novelizations but I think there is some Vader stuff in it too.  I thought somewhere in one of the novels it said Vader had been burnt on a Volcanic planet and had to wear the life support suit.  I recommend all of the books. They give you a different perspective.  Just wookiepedia ROTJ novel and it lists differences between book/movie.  Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:21:46 AM by Mike Cypress »