Author Topic: VC 54 Arc Trooper Commander "Fordo"  (Read 13715 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
VC 54 Arc Trooper Commander "Fordo"
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
I picked this one up from a Canada Ebay seller but expect to get another from EE this week.

Inspired from Captain Fordo, an arc trooper that was seen in the original Cartoon Network Animated Clone Wars series back in 2005, this figure is based on the same great sculpt that we got with the vc aotc clone figure released earlier in the year. Yes, the added CW style wrist articulation is there along with the slightly limited movement of the ball-jointed shoulders because of the molded on upper arm plate armor. These plates don't have a joint that is cut into them like some of the earlier clone releases and therefore don't raise up as far. The rest of the articulation, like the aotc clone, is amazing and this guy can hold a variety of poses.

He includes a more aotc style helmet and pauldron with a double holstered belt that is all removable along with a helmet and a pauldron/single holster belt combo that looks more like what Fordo wore in  the 2005 cartoon. His soft goods kama is also removable and is held in place by an elastic band that rides in the waist recess where the belt goes over the top of the elastic. Both belts are of the very soft plastic variety and have a hole and peg fastening system in the back which is about as secure as expected. I found that the cartoon version would unfasten itself sometimes. No real surprise there.

Fordo also included two larger cw style pistols of the same soft plastic that fit rather snugly into the split slotted holsters on either belt.

He features a new head sculpt and I found it interesting that the aotc arc version of his helmet was actually larger than the vc aotc clone's helmet to house a presumably larger head. The paint apps on the armor and accessories look good as do the markings on that soft goods kama.

Not only is this a great looking clone but the extra accessories and the exclusive helmet make this one a great source of fodder for the clone custom builders out there.

Hmm, great articulation, extra accessories, kind of reminds me of a newer GI-Joe figure.

Here are the pics. I will have to find an image of Fordo in the 2005 cartoon to post here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: VC 54 Arc Trooper Commander "Fordo"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »
Wow, this one looks over the top to me Clint.

Great pics, I love the ones of him on the ISY Shirt. If this isn't on the front page soon, it will be. Excellent review.

I need to find some time to make some IR buttons for the fp too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00:01 AM »
Wow, this one looks over the top to me Clint.

Great pics, I love the ones of him on the ISY Shirt. If this isn't on the front page soon, it will be. Excellent review.

I need to find some time to make some IR buttons for the fp too.
putting it up now. thanks buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
This is probably a given, but if you see this figure Yarders pick it up and hook the Yarders up. I have no doubt this is gonna be one elusive figure on the pegs.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
I've been combing through my 2005 animated cw dvds today and as of yet, I havent found a shot where Fordo is wearing the alternate helmet. Does anyone know, is it in season 2?

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »
Nice Review! I NEED to search ebay for this!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=Vintage+ARC+Trooper+Commander&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Looks like there are two of em up for sale at twenty five a pop. Outrageous, but I thought they might be higher.

Clint I am starting a Clone Wars Anime  marathon right now, I will find out where and when we see him in his helmet.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:16:45 PM by Tamer »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
Good review Clint. This guys is definitely on my to get list.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=Vintage+ARC+Trooper+Commander&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Looks like there are two of em up for sale at twenty five a pop. Outrageous, but I thought they might be higher.

Clint I am starting a Clone Wars Anime  marathon right now, I will find out where and when we see him in his helmet.
I didnt pay quite that much for mine.
Tung had one that he sold for a cheaper price with accessories about a week or two ago but hasn't listed anym0re.

Buddy, I did the same thing and watched both seasons back to back. Man, there was some intense action in those. I would rather see a live action version of that as compared to episode 3.

In season 1, Fordo wears the aotc arc helmet, pauldron, and kama with the twin holster belt. In season 2, in the last episode, he is shown wearing the new helmet, pauldron/ belt combo with one holster and no kama.
I took two pics here belonging to lucasfilm ltd

http://
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:17:53 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
LOL, I just sent you some pics of that too Clint, but your pics turned out better than mine. Its either camera or HD or both. Now I am jealous of your TV too!

Heres to hoping the make the Blue ARCs out of this series too. I thorouglly enjoyed watching this. I would love to see more and man a live action tv show with these guys in it is gonna rock.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
damn! am definatley up for a few of those...
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
LOL, I just sent you some pics of that too Clint, but your pics turned out better than mine. Its either camera or HD or both. Now I am jealous of your TV too!

Heres to hoping the make the Blue ARCs out of this series too. I thorouglly enjoyed watching this. I would love to see more and man a live action tv show with these guys in it is gonna rock.
I think it might be the tv. That is the little led tv in my hobby room, dvd upscaled source, patched through an hdmi cable.

Yep Jay, this one is pretty cool. I know that the helmet, aotc pauldron, and pistol are on my "to mold" list, for sure.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »
OMG  cannot wait to get this figure. He looks ****ing EPIC. Although my dad noticed some sloppy paint ap's on his hair and helmet. But to me he's best fig. of the year already and sloppy paint ap's are fixable.  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8)  >:D ^-^ O0 bbfet lvva lvva vadsab 0/ [at1] DH ()rr 0// o yeah i did that  ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr
 caint get enouph of dose clones BOOM here comes the BOOM  ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr i'm tired of clickin... sike  ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr ()rr

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
Definetly a great review and a must have cant wait for it to hit the shelves thanks clonehead!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:29:50 PM »
Hey Clint great review! I hope you don't mind my piggy backing on this thread. I did a Youtube review of him today. You can take this down if you don't want it on here.